Customized Parker 51 With Hammered Sterling Cap – Best Offer = Donation

RalphP

Yesterday* I removed a recently completed Custom 51 from my pocket and put it on the table – on a sheet of stamps from the Post Office… that became the inspiration for this offer.

So here’s the deal.

This pen will be available for offers for one week until the end of Sunday, October 10, 2010. At that time the highest responsible and responsive offer will be accepted. ALL PROCEEDS will go to the Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society (SFAS&HS). They do a remarkably good job of providing needed programs and services for the animals.

The accepted payment should be made out directly to the SFAS&HS and mailed to me for delivery.

You will receive an acknowledgement letter of appreciation from the SFAS&HS, a private not for profit corporation, for your gift – which may or may not be useful to you for tax purposes.

Now on to the pen.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/pratherpens/ASP-51.jpg

This Parker 51 Vacumatic (T6) is in Excellent Restored Condition. The sterling silver cap has been polished and hand hammered. The pen at first glance appears to be a single jewel model. But, not all things are as they appear… Remove the blind cap and you will reveal an all metal vac filler unit with a brass ink pump rod and a matching aluminum jewel at the end. It is really a double jewel pen…

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/pratherpens/ASP-51-1.jpg

This pen has one of the smoothest f/m nibs I have ever seen on a 51 and it is a real pleasure to use.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/pratherpens/ASP-51-2.jpg

If you have any questions (or to submit an offer) you can contact me at prather@la-tierra.com.

Thanks, Ralph Prather

*, after returning from the New Mexico Pen Collector’s Club Meeting… where Joel Hamilton gave an excellent presentation on pen repairs …

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RalphP

• jaymac

• Chi Town

• mandarintje

Hats off to you Ralph. Would you like the bidding to be public or done by pm? Janet

Thank you - your offer is recorded - best regards, ralph

I bid $100.00 to start off.

Dick Capuozzo

Thank you - either way - what ever you are most comfortable with - my email address is at the end of the message... best regards, ralph

Hats off to you Ralph. Would you like the bidding to be public or done by pm? Janet

OK then, I'll place a bid here. It may help for folks to know where everything stands. Bid - $225.00

I can attest to the beauty of this pen!. At the New Mexico Pen Collector's Club meeting yesterday, Ralph Prather and I spoke about Ralph custom making me a Parker 51, when he showed me this pen. Now I am not a Parker collector, but this pen does something to you when you see it in person!! I was so tempted to offer to buy this pen from Ralph right there, but my heart was set on what Ralph and I talked about. Heck, I don't even know if Ralph was even considering selling it yesterday. But darn it, this pen grabbed my attention! Who ever wins this pen is just gonna LOVE IT!! Ralph, you do some incredible work and God Bless you for helping those animals. Vicky and I got our dog Winston from that shelter 2 years ago.

I can attest to the beauty of this pen!. At the New Mexico Pen Collector's Club meeting yesterday, Ralph Prather and I spoke about Ralph custom making me a Parker 51, when he showed me this pen. Now I am not a Parker collector, but this pen does something to you when you see it in person!! I was so tempted to offer to buy this pen from Ralph right there, but my heart was set on what Ralph and I talked about. Heck, I don't even know if Ralph was even considering selling it yesterday. But darn it, this pen grabbed my attention! Who ever wins this pen is just gonna LOVE IT!! Ralph, you do some incredible work and God Bless you for helping those animals. Vicky and I got our dog Winston from that shelter 2 years ago.

Thanks for your kind remarks! & we appreciate all you efforts in organizing the NM pen collectors club...

I have to echo all comments after having handled this pen over the weekend at the NM Pen Club Meeting.

If it was not so similar to my current Prather 51, I would be all over this.

Trust me; look at Ralph's typical list price for a pen of this caliber and you will see that you are far, far away from the true pen's worth.

Bid it up!!!!!!

the Danitrio Fellowship

Thank you all for the many offers ( and kind remarks ) - still have until the end of 10-10-10 to make an offer if you are interested.

Forgot to include the web site for the organization that will benefit from the selected offerees donation/gift.

Here it is:

http://www.sfhumanesociety.org/index.cfm

best regards, ralph prather

C'mon folks, those animals need new homes and food and shelter to boot. PLEASE bid up this BEAUTIFUL pen that Ralph has made with his own 3 hands, err I mean two. But when you win it, you will not believe that a common man with two hands was able to build something so incredibly BEAUTIFUL! I know, as I had this incredibly Beautiful pen in my own "chubby" two hands when Ralph showed it to me Saturday at our New Mexico Pen Collector's Club meeting. I'm still dreaming about this pen. Bid, Bid, Bid.........It's all for a GREAT cause!!!!!!!

What an incredibly generous thing to do, a lovely pen, and a lovely cause. Thanks (from an animal lover)

you can never get it wrong, because you can never get it done!

A high offer of $500 has been offered and accepted for this pen.

Many thanks to the anonymous fountain pen user and animal lover...

More information to follow later.

Sincere thanks to all of you who expressed interest and made offers on the pen.