What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

I just bought a 149 on Ebay. I probably got ripped off, as I do every time I buy something on Ebay, but at least it's fun :)

Does anyone know what year this pen might actually be? Or any guesses on the nib size (It looks fine to me, which is what I am hoping for!)

Edited by mr. abulia

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

F. Scott Fitzgerald enroute! One of the very best looking of the WE series IMHO

May you and those you love, be always blessed with peace and never ending joy.

Roger

F. Scott Fitzgerald enroute! WhooYa! IMHO one of the best looking of the WE series

I fully intended to double post...fits my OCD profile...hee, hee, hee

Edited by roger3

May you and those you love, be always blessed with peace and never ending joy.

Roger

I just bought a 149 on Ebay. I probably got ripped off, as I do every time I buy something on Ebay, but at least it's fun :)

Does anyone know what year this pen might actually be? Or any guesses on the nib size (It looks fine to me, which is what I am hoping for!)

I don't think you got ripped off - that looks like a good 149, and I think that nib is a fine! Congratulations!

I'm waiting for two new MBs - one flying from UK - a Hemingway with XF stub, and a 149 with early XF flexy nib from USA! Wonder which will land first???

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

I suppose the three MBs presently with Mike, and getting worked on this week could be classed as new when they come home with cursive italic nibs!!! Wilde, Dumas and Verne.........all M but all will be different! :cloud9:

Make it count!!!

MB can service it for you. That might set you back about $90 CAN and then you will have a flawless 149.

Add the purchase price (which wasn't unreasonable) and you will have paid much less for your 149 than I paid for mine..

Enjoy.

Matt

MB can service it for you. That might set you back about $90 CAN and then you will have a flawless 149.

Add the purchase price (which wasn't unreasonable) and you will have paid much less for your 149 than I paid for mine..

Enjoy.

Matt

If it needs a service when it arrives it will get it... although I am worried that they may try and replace the older style feed with a new one, which would ruin some of the charm! MB does do a good job servicing pens though: my first MB is a Chopin which I bought at Heathrow... BIG MISTAKE. It never worked right, so I stuck it in a drawer for 10 years, until I decided I was damned well going to make it work. Took it to the local MB dealer, and had them send it away. $260CDN later it's working fine! New feed, new feed cover, new body (original had a long scratch that I didn't notice under the heathrow lights) and the nib changed from medium to fine. I'm sure most of the cost was changing the nib, and if I'd known how much that was going to be I would not have bothered: I think I've now bought the same pen twice ;) And the worst part? After using it every day for the last month, I've realized that it's just too small to be comfortable in my hand. I'll keep it for travelling, but the 149 is more my size (I have a 10" hand-span, so... large hands.)

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the pen arriving: it will be my second MB, but certainly not my last. And I'm glad people don't think I paid too much for this one :)

I don't think you got ripped off - that looks like a good 149, and I think that nib is a fine! Congratulations!

I'm waiting for two new MBs - one flying from UK - a Hemingway with XF stub, and a 149 with early XF flexy nib from USA! Wonder which will land first???

I hope the 149 lands first... that way it can get some attention before the Hemi arrives and hogs it all :) Congrats on the pens!!!

Well, I appear to be prescient! Earlier tonight I said that the 149 wouldn't be my last, and as luck would have it I won another auction: this time for a 146. The auction main page says it's from 1969 but the description says 1973: the latter year being more relevant to me, I hope it is correct! The pen has a 14k fully gold-coloured nib which appears to be quite broad. It says it has been filed, but I'm not sure what that will mean: I was interested in it being broad because if it doesn't write the way I want it out of the box I was thinking of trying to get this pen customized down the line, once I discover what the best nib style for me will be :) What a happy night :)

The auction main page says it's from 1969 but the description says 1973: the latter year being more relevant to me, I hope it is correct!

Congrats on your purchase! :clap1: It will be hard to stop buying....

The celluloid #146 stopped production in 1959/60 (along with the 144 and 142). Resurrection of the #146 in resin was in 1974 (the 144 returned in 1979). Is 1973 your birth year or a wedding anniversary?

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

Thanks Rick,

1973 is the birth year, so that is what initially turned me onto this auction. However, I think I am going to end up with a really nice pen no matter which year it was made! :)

A 1960's MB 149 F/EF with a 18c nib. Just waiting on it to arrive! :)

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

A 234 1/2 luxury version currently en route.

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

A 234 1/2 luxury version currently en route.

Wow! You are going to have a real MB Party when that one arrives!!!

Congratulations! Where did you find it, or do you have a secret stash of MB sellers? :roflmho:

Make it count!!!

My first ever MB! Near new Resin with sapphire Boheme medium nib! Waiting for it in the mail.

Recommendations on ink cartridges or am I stuck with MB colors?

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the MB world - and all the best for your new Boheme.

I think MB use standard international carts so I'd suggest trying J'Herbin but there are many more that you could look at. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the MB world - and all the best for your new Boheme.

I think MB use standard international carts so I'd suggest trying J'Herbin but there are many more that you could look at. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

You are absolutely correct. Matt

I picked up a Boheme Noir at the Friends & Family Sale at my local boutique today. I have a fixed nib Boheme, but I was still intrigued by the retractable. It's a sweet little pen with a juicy broad nib filled with a Racing Green cart. It's my first MB with platinum trim, since all my others are yellow gold (149, 146 x2, Woolf, fixed Boheme Rouge). I love the all black resin and white metal look - very sharp.