• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CSuVGeH8qnA/Vn0t-NcFMLI/AAAAAAAABZQ/Fo8yoA-qDHM/s1600/P1060295.jpg

:-)

Michael

Congratulation !! Did you get the F.P ?

I focus on American pens of the first half of the twentieth century, but pick up the occasional vintage MB if the circumstances ( $ ) are right.

My most recent is not an outright purchase - its better than that. A recently purchased lot of parts and pens included a broken MB 225. By the luck of keeping a large parts bin, I had the part needed. Other than the break, the pen was in excellent condition. A testament to MB quality is in how easy the pen was disassembled, the part replaced, and the pen put back in working order.

This is a pretty neat pen. The brushed finished goes well with the simple clip and lean shape. I really like the matching brushed finish on the platinum plated gold nib. A very nice detail that really ties the whole pen together when the cap is posted.

I figure that I have about $30 and half of an hour in to this pen. Filled right up, and writes beautifully.

They're out there!

Bob

Shouldn't phonics be spelled with an f?

Yes, with a fine nib - currently filled with the new yellow-gold ink!

Will post more pictures soon.

Cheers

Michael

Looking forward to see it. Right now I have to fight the urge not to buy the SE.

I've gone on a bit of a binge lately. A 12, 24, 030 grey, vintage 144, 252, 254, 264, 342-G. All are en route except the 252 and 264. Only one that was over US$200 was the 144. The 12, 24 and 342 were less than a c-note each.

A month ago, I didn't own a Montblanc...instant collection.

Edmited for spellins.

Edited by wastelanded
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

post-112103-0-39479400-1451370553_thumb.jpg

~ Over many weeks in mid-Autumn, I asked myself if there was anything which I'd ever wished that I had with me on game drives while on safari in Africa.

As far as clothing, photography gear and the like, everything has been consistently been more than adequate.

However, there was one very minor matter — notes while in the field.

I'm not even remotely in the league of a professional writer or a professional photographer.

Nevertheless, even an amateur aspires to accuracy.

Therefore I've given myself a wee Christmas gift, as shown above.

The smallest Muji notebook, with a clear plastic cover, and a Montblanc 114 ‘Mozart’ platinum fountain pen with an EF nib.

It's a diminutive combination, as shown by my left hand in the image.

Rugged, precise, easily carried in one of the safari vest pockets, just what I've needed.

It will be put to use in less than three weeks during twenty game drives in Sabi Sands, South Africa.

What will be sketched, described or simply jotted down?

Probably no Zorillas (Ictonyx striatus), but there may well be other sightings of interest to record with the lovely nib.

Or so one hopes...

Tom K.

Yes, with a fine nib - currently filled with the new yellow-gold ink!

Will post more pictures soon.

Cheers

Michael

Congratulations - I personally love to handle this FP. It is so disruptive (in terms of weight) when you uncap it :-)

Looking forward to see the ink!

Little X-mas present arrived on time, but hadn't have time to share it with you.

Good pairing with the details of the Balzac FP.

post-44576-0-09012700-1451429112_thumb.jpg

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Although the pen is not new, the nib is relatively new, a 1940's steel 139 nib (250), to replace the original 149 18c tri tone nib, pen is a first generation 149 and is a joy to use, and the nib, SWEET :D

fpn_1451450826___dsc1315.jpg

fpn_1451451059___dsc1320.jpg

fpn_1451453361__04060901.jpgfpn_1451463337__04060902.jpg

Edited by slippery when wet

Thought I would never own a Mb... but then, last year, they went and did this. And now so I have done.

Here is the first-inking picture, dusty and excited, posed poorly, but poised for action.

post-105553-0-41581100-1451504132_thumb.jpg

This megatopic has been rejuvenated for the new year.

You can find the 2016 version at:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/302510-whats-your-most-recent-mb-purchase-2016/

Enjoy the new lean topic

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~