... Pilot Falcon Elabo ...

TMLee

Is it possible to replace the button filler on this FP with a common twist converter ?

I find the button filler irritating to use.

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TMLee

• Robert Alan

• mana

• Mockingbird

I've found that when using the con-70 push button it only fills on the second go. So on the first go there's a huge air bulbble, by the second fill its completely full.

Thanks 'mana' and 'Mockingbird ' for your replies.

I pulled out the plastic twist converter from the metal sleeve of a Pilot VP , and it fits onto the Pilot Falcon Elabo nib section ! :clap1:

But the capacity of this VP twist converter is miserably limited. :huh:

Whats the capacity of this puny twist converter on a usual VP ?

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

I've found that when using the con-70 push button it only fills on the second go. So on the first go there's a huge air bulbble, by the second fill its completely full.

Hi! Any vacuum-filler, like the CON-70, Parker Vacumatic pen, and early Parker 51 vac-filled pens, for example, require several "pumps" to fill the reservoir completely and correctly. One push would never do it. It's simply how the plunger system works (button-fillers use a sac like other "CON-20-style" aerometric-fillers and they, too, would require multiple pushes--or lifting of the lever-filler, etc.). BTW, the CON-70 converter holds 1.10cc of ink--more than any other converter from any manufacturer--including the CON-50 which holds 0.81cc of ink.

R.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I like syringe filling it to get maximum ink with no mess :thumbup:

Does syringe filling prevent air bubbles when writing? I have another thread where I've been soliciting advice on how to deal with air bubbles in the CON-70. The pen requires periodically tapping or some other means to dislodge air bubbles near the feed. I love using my Metal Falcon, but it eventually runs dry due to these air bubbles.

Atomic Leo