Montblanc 1246 Gold F/pen

puma2006

Hi everyone! I just received a vintage Montblanc 1246 Gold F/Pen-18kt-F-Nib-1960s that I bought on E-bay. I need more information about it. Thanks in advance for your help. Any pictures would be much appreciated as well! .

(Sorry for bad image quality slightly)

PUMA

Thanks all

post-38827-095832600 1278909937.jpg

post-38827-064530600 1278909953.jpg

post-38827-040993400 1278909965.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• puma2006

• hari317

• karmakoda

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, :W2FPN: What information do you want, it is a great piston filler made by MB in the 70's. Nibs are typically excellent. BTW Congratulations, I was watching this auction.

Are these pictures here taken by you?

Best,

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hi, :W2FPN: What information do you want, it is a great piston filler made by MB in the 70's. Nibs are typically excellent. BTW Congratulations, I was watching this auction.

Are these pictures here taken by you?

Best,

Hari

Thanks Hari, Pictures taken by seller on Ebay.

Actually, I think it is more likely from the early 70s to about 1977. The 12x series replaced the earlier two digit models and the 1246 would be the heavy rolled gold version IIRC .

Great pen. The earlier model would have been the 84 and had a black crown and base to the body.

Edited by jar

My Website

A Second Welcome to the FPN!

That is a beautiful pen, one I have never seen before. :thumbup:

One question, is the model 1246? or 124G? I have found a 124, with gold cap but not all gold.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new-to-you Montblanc.

It looks stunning.

Cheers

Greg

Edited by karmakoda

First of all :W2FPN:

That looks like a very awesome pen, they usually are great writing instruments, enjoy it!

P.S. what information are you looking for?

Model is #1246 , piston filler made between 1971-1977, gold plated, chased. The #124 probably was the precursor/sister model made between 1971-1973, made in Black resin with a gold plated cap. Basically the same pen, the difference being the #1246 has the gold plated barrel.

Not a common model to find...Nice grab!!

Source: "Collectible Stars" by Jens and Rosler.

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

Model is #1246 , piston filler made between 1971-1977, gold plated, chased. The #124 probably was the precursor/sister model made between 1971-1973, made in Black resin with a gold plated cap. Basically the same pen, the difference being the #1246 has the gold plated barrel.

Not a common model to find...Nice grab!!

Source: "Collectible Stars" by Jens and Rosler.

Rick

Well, Collectible Stars is nearly perfect but there have been two different feeds on the same models. Due to the feed this #1246 was produced between 1974 and 1977.

Axel

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

Congratulations - very pretty. I especially like the lined pattern on it.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Nice. A beautiful pen. Now is this something you plan to ink, or will it occupy a special place in your collection to be archived?