Notice To 300 Pre-sale Twsbi Diamond 530 Owners

speedy

After being filled with water for 3 days, only the M nib pen showed some leaking. The EF nib pen seemed allright. So I filled this pen with blue ink and it immediately leaked behind seal no.1 and seal no.2, leaving a blue smear behind the plunger. I can't clean this without taking the pen apart?? I didn't dare to test the M nib pen with ink since this one already leaked with water.

So, I'm gonna email Speedy for a repair kit on two pens. :thumbup:

Since the other pen was already filled with ink, I unscrewed the nib section to test the M nib as well. The EF nib seemed more like a F nib, a bit thick for my taste (for an EF nib, that is). The M nib wrote very good and smoother then the EF nib.

Then I cleaned the pen and the nibs after only 5 minutes of writing "pleasure".

It's a great looking pen and it holds very well indeed so I was looking forward to writing my first letter with it a an other FPN memeber. But that didn't go through so is was a bit of a disappointment today.

Not my lucky day ..... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Bert from Holland

Hello Speedy,

I received my two FP today (a EF and a M nib). Thank you for the warning about the possible seal leaks. I filled both pens with water to test this. The EF seems fine, but the M shows a drop of water behind seal 1 immediately.

I'll put the pens on my desk nib facing upward for a while 'to let the seals leak' and report back what the results are.

First impressions of the pens are very positive. The pen is heavier and bigger than I thought (and that's a good thing!). This is a decent pen to hold and write with. I'm waiting for some special ink to test writing with it.

Thank you for a beautiful pen and the best of services you provide!!

Bert from Holland

Edited by TheToadMen

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'

TheToadMen on Twitter (I'm on holiday August 1 - 16)

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/di_orang.jpg http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/cd_amazo.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speedy

• riff raff

• TheToadMen

• Mr Ink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Thank you guys for your all of your understanding and support, I simply don't want to give you bad surprise, and this is the mininum I have to do.

:embarrassed_smile:

Just found out about this pen, now I want to know more. And seeing your response to the "problem" just makes me want to buy one. I'll have to find out how to get one. Do you have a pen site or can I order one from you?

Phone calls last just minutes, emails get deleted, but letters live forever.