• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• JonSzanto

• MrsGouletPens

• Manalto

I purchased a Quo Vadis Habana (in Raspberry) just last week from the Goulet Pen Company. I ordered it Monday (the same day they put up the Noodler). I tweeted about how I hoped it would arrive to my house by the end of the week. Rachel saw my tweet and emailed me saying that she'd bump up my shipment if I'd like it to arrive by the end of the week. AMAZING! Sure enough, my gorgeous Raspberry Quo Vadia Habana was waiting for me when I arrived home Friday evening. Brian and Rachel are wonderful! For them to bump up a shipment during their busiest time ever, I am speechless! If I need paper, ink, or pens, Goulet Pens will forever be my first stop. Thank you Brian and Rachel!!!

P.S. The Quo Vadis Habana goes perfectly with my other birthday present from my boyfriend...my Montblanc "Le Grande" Fountain Pen :):):)

I <3 Brian and Rachel - they have outstanding customer service, ship amazingly quickly, and package everything so well. On top of that, they have ink samples and the Ink Drop club which is one of the best ideas ever. Considering the wide variety of inks out there, it would be insanely expensive to buy a bottle of every one you could possibly want to try, but between the normally sold samples and the club you get to try all kinds of different things.

Regarding that outstanding customer service, I made an order recently and asked in comments if it would be possible to have 'cool colours' for the covers of my Clairefontaine notebooks. Instead of possibly misinterpret my request, Brian contacted me to double check what I meant (I meant cool in tone/shade, so blues, purples, greens, etc., though it could have just as easily meant "cool" as in interesting, groovy, etc..) In my book, a seller making the effort to contact the customer to clarify an order is a sign that they really care about their business -- a lot of bigger companies with far more employees could do well to learn that little gestures like that result in happy and loyal return customers.

http://penemuel.popullus.net/art/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg <--Member since June 2011

Words can not express the great service and warm feeling I get from working with such professionals. I had a recent issue with a shipment (someone in my town now has pens and ink to last them the next two years with notepads as well). The Goulets, minding that they are a small business, rectified this problem. All I can say is that unless they do not carry what I am looking for (and I will email them to ask first)- they are the first place I look to purchase any ink/pens/papers etc. Very rare in these days of impersonal purchasing.

Wil

QUONDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORTATI

• 2 months later...

So many positive comments have already been made about Goulet here that this almost seems like overkill. But they truly earned this praise, so here's the story.

I live in northern Virginia. At about 11PM on August 26, 2011 I placed my first order with Goulet Pens. On August 27, 2011 Hurricane Irene struck and knocked out electric power at Goulet Pens. It wasn't restored until September.

Knowing this I figured that my order would be delayed for a couple of weeks. On August 31, 2011 my order arrived. My order, consisting of nothing more than ink samples and a couple syringes, had been processed packed and shipped by folks with no power working by flashlight in the aftermath of a hurricane!! I was thoroughly impressed! If everyone in the United States had their work ethic our economy would be back on track in a week.

Yesterday I placed my second order with them. They will always be the first place I look for anything pen, paper or ink. They have a new customer for life.

• 5 months later...

I realize this is an older post but have to reply to concur with the great compliments of Goulet Pen Company. Their company is the classiest around. Besides their super fast turn around times on all orders - large and small, with delivery happening within one or two days of the order, their personal attention to every small detail and each order is so refreshing these days. The handwritten notes on orders, even as small as one bottle of ink, is indicative of how well they care for and take care of their customers. I was trying to decide on a pen and a color of ink and just casually mentioned it on a feedback survey and within a couple of hours had a personal email from Brian. I'd ordered Rhodia pads off amazon and they arrived but were all bent up on the corners. I ordered a similar pad from Goulet and it was perfectly and securely packaged. It took me, literally, 4-5 minutes to unwrap all the bubble and shrink wrap off the pad that was already mailed in a secure box. The pad was in pristine condition. That's how they do things. My latest purchase was their limited edition cherry cordial Premiere pen that was designed in collaboration with Edison Pens. AMAZING!!! These two companies together are unmatched. I can't imagine a better company with whom to do business! Kudos to Brian and Rachel Goulet (and all the others who work with them) and to Brian Gray at Edison!!!

• 2 months later...

Another very happy customer, here! I ordered an Ahab pen and a bottle of ink, and they arrived amazingly quickly. What really struck me was the personalized note jotted on the invoice, hoping that I enjoy the pen. Even though other vendors do this on occasion, something about this instance really struck me for its individual touch.

I also appreciated the video regarding preparing the Ahab pen for use, which I'm glad I watched right away - avoided some frustration that might have occurred.

Thank you, Brian and Rachel, you'll be hearing from me in the future!

C-C

Finally he said, "Well, the hours are good..."

..."So the hours are pretty good then?" [Ford] resumed.

The Vogon stared down at him as sluggish thoughts moiled around in the murky depths.

"Yeah," he said, "but now you come to mention it, most of the actual minutes are pretty lousy."

-- H2G2

• 3 months later...

Adding yet another experience and opinion ... Today, the mail person brought my latest ink order from Goulet's. The box was badly, badly crushed (thank you, USPS) and although I saw no tell-tale ink on the outside of the box, I held my breath as I opened it. Although badly crushed, the ink was safe and unharmed. This, is ONLY due to the outstanding way that Goulet's wraps items for shipping. Many of us are very familiar with their packaging, but for our newer members ... you can't go wrong. For this box to contain unharmed ink, is amazing!

I had a problem with a Pelikano I had ordered for my fiancee and contacted Goulet. Not only did they get back to me same day, they replaced the entire pen and allowed me to keep the old one for replacement parts should they be needed. They must have overnighted the replacement, because I had it in no time at all, and, to top it off, there was a long, handwritten note in the package apologising for the inconvenience and hoping that the new pen worked well.

I was flabbergasted with that response and have vowed to purchase as much as possible from them (only going elsewhere if they don't have something).

That note was written in Red Dragon, which I had never seen and is one of my favourites now.

Mazel Tov on your success, Brian and Rachel! You deserve it!

• 2 years later...

I had good experiences from them for years, but I'm afraid the winds may be a changin'.

Whats happened to Goulet Pens?? I ordered a $150 Edison that arrived with some cosmetic issues and a stub nib that was skipping and railroading real bad. I send an email to returns@gouletpens.com and no response. I had to call and a person helped me how to send it back. Caitlin told me I would be reimburdes the cost of shipping on my CC. I send it back and I wait 3 days after the tracking shows it delivered to them. I send another email to returns@gouletpens.com...nothing. I had to call again, this time they had to find my return which they did. They said they would replace it right away. Then I get an email saying it would take a "few days" to make sure my replacement pen was operating OK and that my shipping costs would be givin to me as "store credit" Yikes!!! These guys must be in trouble. Not a good way to lose a good customer.

I had good experiences from them for years, but I'm afraid the winds may be a changin'.

Whats happened to Goulet Pens?? I ordered a $150 Edison that arrived with some cosmetic issues and a stub nib that was skipping and railroading real bad. I send an email to returns@gouletpens.com and no response. I had to call and a person helped me how to send it back. Caitlin told me I would be reimburdes the cost of shipping on my CC. I send it back and I wait 3 days after the tracking shows it delivered to them. I send another email to returns@gouletpens.com...nothing. I had to call again, this time they had to find my return which they did. They said they would replace it right away. Then I get an email saying it would take a "few days" to make sure my replacement pen was operating OK and that my shipping costs would be givin to me as "store credit" Yikes!!! These guys must be in trouble. Not a good way to lose a good customer.

Where is this from? I wanted to order a Kaweco from them but they were out of clips.

I have to add my voice to the chorus of Goulet happy customers. I recently received a faulty nib from Goulet and notified them of the problem. The response and resolution was handled the same day--I have never been on the receiving end of such excellent support. It's worth noting that in so doing, a minor irritant, i.e., a defective inexpensive nib, was turned into a very positive experience that has earned my total loyalty as a customer. Many thanks, Goulet Pens.

One post and it is a complaint.

Hhhhummmm.

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

My Website

That is interesting. Also interesting to note that:

Post # 70 was made in August 2012

AND the NEXT

Post #71 was made April 2015

Three years later..........

"Numbers" are always interesting. Not so much to me but I see how they do have "stories to tell" if we have the ability to "read between the lines." I like to read what experiences other people have but in reality the only experiences that are of concern to me are those I experience.

In addition, the complaint by post 71 is largely due to Edison anyway, not Goulet Pen Company. They can't physically check every pen they send out. If the pen had cosmetic issues as well as a supposedly bad nib, that is on the pen maker, not the distributor.

In better news, I have a large order due in tomorrow. Happy anticipation!

Lucky you! I have the urge to go shopping, but I I'm trying to be good. :(

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K