The Goulet Pen Company – A Very Positive Experience

Mont Blanc Collector

I recently had the pleasure of ordering a few items from The Goulet Pen Company and I wanted to share my very positive experience with other members of The Fountain Pen Network.

On June 21, I placed on order for 2 Rhodia Note Pads and 1 Bottle of Diamine Presidential Blue Ink. I stumbled on The Goulet Pen Company via the company web-sites of J. Herbin and Rhodia.

The on-line product selection was vast, the shipping was extremely expeditious and very reasonably priced, the communication with Brian was flawless, and upon their arrival, a mere three days later, the products were exactly as described.

Brian was kind enough to communicate with me through every step of the process. I received several emails thanking me for my order, confirming the items ordered, notifying me of shipping, and asking me to let him know if I was not completely satisfied with my purchases.

I must say the thing I will remember the most is that Brain took the time to send a hand written note thanking me for my business. The hand written note was complete with a J. Herbin supple wax seal, a personal touch, which denotes a great deal of class on the part of Mr. Goulet, and speaks highly of his company and its view of what constitutes impeccable customer service.

I rarely endorse specific items or retailers, but in this case, I can say without reservation, that I strongly recommended Mr. Goulet and The Goulet Pen Company.

I welcome any responses this commentary may elicit.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• JonSzanto

• MrsGouletPens

• GouletPens

I have dealt with Brian a few times this year and each time my experience was similar to yours. Excellent service, communication, and prices. And the handwritten notes are a very special touch.

Be sure to check out Brian's videos on YouTube. Here's one dealing with Clairefontaine Triomphe

Edited by sfs6205

"I'm not superstitious -- I'm just a little stitious." Michael G. Scott

Thank you for the glowing compliments! The YouTube videos are something that a lot of people enjoy....I post them on YouTube and have them on my blog (link in my signature), and if the content is fitting I'll post it in the reviews section here on FPN too. The videos and reviews are a lot of work for me to produce, but I like them because they make me REALLY know and understand the products. Y'know the saying that the best way to learn is to teach? Definitely true. I appreciate all of the goodwill spread around here on FPN! For those who don't know as well, I do give a 5% discount to FPN members, just type in 'FPN' in the coupon code section on checkout! Just my little way of saying thanks :thumbup:

Brian Goulet</br><a href='http://www.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>www.GouletPens.com</a></br><a href='http://twitter.com/GouletPens' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>GouletPens on Twitter</a></br><a href='http://blog.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Goulet Pens blog</a>

Brian goes that extra mile for his customers. You would have to look far to find a dealer with the same quality of customer service, no matter what product you are buying. He is now offering a flat rate of $5.00 for shipping which is unheard of. Before I discovered Goulet Pens, I placed a $20.00 ink order with a different company and the shipping was $11.95. More than half the value of my order.

When you deal with Brian, you know he appreciates your business and will do whatever it takes to make the experience great.

Gene

DITTO! Brian is an excellent source and will be seeing me as a return customer. I found him on youtube believe it or not. Go Ink Nouveau! With all of the pictures and correspondence on this site, it's remarkable that so little video exists. Brian filled that void. YT

Currently Inked;

MB 149 w/ MB Toffee Brown

Pilot Custom 823 w/ Perle Noire

Noodler's Aerometric w/ Noodler's X-Feather

Thank you for the glowing compliments! The YouTube videos are something that a lot of people enjoy....I post them on YouTube and have them on my blog (link in my signature), and if the content is fitting I'll post it in the reviews section here on FPN too. The videos and reviews are a lot of work for me to produce, but I like them because they make me REALLY know and understand the products. Y'know the saying that the best way to learn is to teach? Definitely true. I appreciate all of the goodwill spread around here on FPN! For those who don't know as well, I do give a 5% discount to FPN members, just type in 'FPN' in the coupon code section on checkout! Just my little way of saying thanks :thumbup:

I too, have watched your YouTube videos and I'm very impressed with the step by step instructions that you give. I did not know that you give a 5% discount to FPNer's. Thank you very much! I will be checking out your website also!

Rosey

"'I will not say, "do not weep", for not all tears are an evil."

I'll add an endorsement *no affiliation yada yada* for Brian Goulet.

He was most helpful and is my current source for J'Herbin inks whenever I need more of them, owing to rather fantastic flat rate postages via USPS Priority to Australia which perfectly fit four bottles at a time. I've always found him more than helpful via email to accomodate my requests and wish him all the best in his endeavours. I've noted he has expanded his range quite significantly since I first purchased from him.

I'd buy more except I've taking a liking to Iroshizuku over J'Herbin at the moment but that's just my current flavour of the month :embarrassed_smile:

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

I'm glad the videos are so helpful! They take a TON of time to produce, and I never did any kind of video filming/editing whatsoever before my blog. They're fun though, they force me to really learn my products, and they help to show my personality a whole lot more than just typing does. It literally puts a 'face' on my company! Be sure to check out my live weekly broadcasts too! I do a live broadcast where you can either just observe or log into a chatroom while I talk every Tuesday Night at 9pm EST for my show Write Time at 9! I record these shows and post them on my blog, but to encourage bribe you to show up live I'm now doing a free giveaway live during the show with the correct answer to a writing trivia question. Last week someone earned themselves a free 30ml bottle of J. Herbin scented green apple ink....who knows what I'll give away this week :clap1:

Edited by GouletPens

Brian Goulet</br><a href='http://www.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>www.GouletPens.com</a></br><a href='http://twitter.com/GouletPens' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>GouletPens on Twitter</a></br><a href='http://blog.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Goulet Pens blog</a>

I can only say that I agree with all the comments here. Brian is now my primary source for paper and journals, and I love that he has the full selection of Herbin inks, which I really like. His website is very well layed out and easy to navigate, and he has a full array of many fine pen and paper related products. His excellent customer service and timely shipping make using his company an easy choice.

The Goulet Pen Company comes highly recommended.

Edited by JBat

John

Fountain pen lover

I try to give Brian as much business as possible. My orders aren't extravagant, but I still get top notch service. The handwritten notes really add something too. I hope he can make a go of his business in this tough market. I support him whenever I can and would encourage others to do as well.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

• 6 months later...

I found Brian and The Goulet Pen Company through a Google search when I was just getting back into using fountain pens. I was so impressed with his selection, reasonable prices, fast shipping, and individual response that I just put in another order. I had one specific ink in mind but when I completed and sent in my order of five inks and five Rhodia pads I realized I hadn't ordered the ink I specifically wanted. :doh: Looks like I'll just have to place another order soon. :P

freddy77

:W2FPN: Welcome freddy77. Brian is an excellent enabler. He certainly gets a chunk of my disposable income. :clap1:

:W2FPN: Welcome freddy77. Brian is an excellent enabler. He certainly gets a chunk of my disposable income. :clap1:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I know the feeling. Looking for one bottle of ink and buying five plus five pads. I'm doomed! (in the nicest possible way, of course ;))

freddy77

Don't forget to type FPN into the code box at checkout to get a discount for belonging here. :clap1:

Don't forget to type FPN into the code box at checkout to get a discount for belonging here. :clap1:

You know, I actually keep forgetting to do that.. Prices even with shipping are already far better than purchasing them in Canada.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/CxTPB/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg Member since Sept 7, 2010

TWSBI Diamond 530 - Private Reserve Avocado

Black Kaweco Sport M Nib - Diamine Oxblood

Wing Sung #233 - Noodler's Lexington Gray

Welcome to FPN Freddy. I'm glad you like what I do, I think you'll find many here have a love/hate relationship with me :rolleyes:

Edited by GouletPens

I had an incredibly positive first experience with Brian @ Goulet a few days before Christmas. Brian made sure I received goods before the holiday. Lovely and genuine customer service.

Welcome to FPN Freddy. I'm glad you like what I do, I think you'll find many here have a love/hate relationship with me :rolleyes:

@Brian, Kudos on the new website design, very nice.

I'm looking forward to the 2011 products, and of course the flex pens :roflmho:

To hold a pen is to be at war

-Voltaire