A Stunning 3 Pen Box

InkyWinky

Just today I got my hands on a beautiful 3 Pen Box made by ImolaS3 to my exact specifcations...

Check out his post on the box here:

http://www.fountainp...59#entry1576859

Made from Zebrano and American Walnut it sits on my desk in complete harmony with all the various pens in my menagerie. I specifically asked for a box large enough for big pens that would fit comfortably.

If a picture is worth 1000 words, here are a few thousand on the box...

The Box

On the Desk with a Waterman Edson, a Conklin Nozac and an Edison Pearl in Dark Tortoise Celluloid Custom (these are my current daily users...)

With 3 Pelikan M800/805's

With 3 Waterman Carene's

With 3 Stiplua Duetto's

At work on the desk

In closing, all I can say is that Tony does wonderful work and this is a perfect way to store pens at desk when not in my hand.

Bravo, Tony, bravo!!

thumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gifthumbup.gifclap1.gif

Edited by Powerbroker

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImolaS3

• TMLee

• harryakaurda

Many thanks for the kind words David

I really enjoy making these boxes and they are not as straightforward as they look - joinery is tricky and accurate hand made hinges not too easy (but I have been making boxes and furniture for 15 years, so getting the hang of it :) )

Looking for a few more orders for 1, 2 or 3 pen versions - you can choose the woods and size as David did, or leave it to me

Every one is hand made and unique!

Edited by ImolaS3

Please visit my new pen and ink/pen box site at www.boxesandpens.co.uk

Hand made boxes to store and display your favourite pens.

10% discount for FPN members

Two questions:

What is the price in US dollars?

Is there a way to show a clear picture of the hinges?

Nice work.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Two questions:

What is the price in US dollars?

Is there a way to show a clear picture of the hinges?

Nice work.

That one cost $100

No, it impossible to see the hinges as they are not visible at all

Please visit my new pen and ink/pen box site at www.boxesandpens.co.uk

Hand made boxes to store and display your favourite pens.

10% discount for FPN members

• 4 weeks later...

Just today I got my hands on a beautiful 3 Pen Box made by ImolaS3 to my exact specifcations...

Check out his post on the box here:

http://www.fountainp...59#entry1576859

Made from Zebrano and American Walnut it sits on my desk in complete harmony with all the various pens in my menagerie. I specifically asked for a box large enough for big pens that would fit comfortably.

If a picture is worth 1000 words, here are a few thousand on the box...

Nothing like a custom piece...you will always see a little of yourself.

Nice choices.

Great job to both you and the maker.

Thanks for sharing.

Inked

Gorgeous pens, gorgeous pen box.

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful handmade boxes!

Great use of various wood species and their respective grain patterns, colors, etc.

And the overall design is practical and elegant.

I might only suggest that you consider a "cushion" or soft liner for the pen wells: Urushi pens, and others with delicate trim may get scratched against the bare wood.

Also: What type of finish do you use? Have you researched the effects of contemporary varnishes on Urushi lacquer or celluloid?

From another "amateur woodworker", I only offer these helpful suggestions, in order to respond to customer questions.

Beautiful work! Best of luck to you with sales - it's always a pleasure to see someone enjoy something that you've made with your own hands.

Thank you.

Every time I see this I feel so happy. It's such a lovely little home for your pens! Who knows, maybe I'll be able to persuade my dad to let me get a two-pen version for Christmas? :)

-irbyls