Ancora Calamus

zanio

That 1909 date is given by Lambrou book, reporting the Ancora foundation at Sesto Calende by Giuseppe Zanini.

But in 1909 Zanini was 12 years old, and the production was moved to Sesto Calende from Bologna in 1925.

So Ancora exact foundation date is still unknown, but what is clearly known is that Lambrou is wrong and 1909 is not a correct date.

Simone

Hi Simone,

sorry but I do not understand why you say that Giuseppe Zanini, in 1909, was only 12 years old !? :blink:

He was born in 1879, right ?! So, in 1909 he was 30 year old, more or less, but not 12 !

Z

I said that because in the Ancora web site is said so, you can look at it here:

http://www.ancora1919.com/it/history/

They talk of his birth date as 1897 so in 1909 he should be 12 years old.

Simone

Fountain Pen Wiki - www.FountainPen.it

Fountain pen Chronology (need help to improve...)

Old advertisement (needing new ones to enlarge the gallery...)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zanio

• Ambros

• simp

• fabbale

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ciao Simone,

I understand...mmhh !

on the same website (next slide), there is a small picture of an old certificate. That it looks to be an official document and it certifies the date of birth of Giuseppe Zannini: 1879

I know it is a very small picture, but the same one can be seen on books (and magazines, if I remember right).

I believe that, on the website, they just misplaced the last two digits. But I might be wrong.

Regards

Z

Ciao Simone,

I understand...mmhh !

on the same website (next slide), there is a small picture of an old certificate. That it looks to be an official document and it certifies the date of birth of Giuseppe Zannini: 1879

I know it is a very small picture, but the same one can be seen on books (and magazines, if I remember right).

I believe that, on the website, they just misplaced the last two digits. But I might be wrong.

Regards

Z

You're right.

I did'nt notice the date in that picture, so I assumed the date on the first page, but it's almost sure they misplaced the digits. I'm going to make some corrections...

I hope the founding date (1919) is the right one, they are talking of him starting an Aurora production, another mispell ?

Regards

Simone

Edited by simp

Fountain Pen Wiki - www.FountainPen.it

Fountain pen Chronology (need help to improve...)

Old advertisement (needing new ones to enlarge the gallery...)

You're right.

I did'nt notice the date in that picture, so I assumed the date on the first page, but it's almost sure they misplaced the digits. I'm going to make some corrections...

I hope the founding date (1919) is the right one, they are talking of him starting an Aurora production, another mispell ?

Regards

Simone

I believe that to be another mispell (Aurora instead of Ancora) ...same for the word "cartolleria". :doh:

Ciao

Z

• 2 months later...

A tribute to Zanio's Ancora Pens...

Thanks Ambros.

Your pen mounts an unusual clip sometimes found on Ancora models.

Z

A tribute to Zanio's Ancora Pens...

Thanks Ambros.

Your pen mounts an unusual clip sometimes found on Ancora models.

Z

Yes, i know..

It looks like a Pelikan clip (more or less).

The historical period is 1940-1945.

post-63473-0-67739300-1299609723.jpg

post-63473-0-98807700-1299609764.jpg

Edited by Ambros

Those clips had a nice spring system.

Unfortunately they lack of the usual quality of Ancora products: the alloy look cheap and the trim tent to worn out easily.

Do you know more about it?

I can tell I found these clips mounted on high range models like the Maximas.

Thanks for the pics, by the way.

Those clips had a nice spring system.

Unfortunately they lack of the usual quality of Ancora products: the alloy look cheap and the trim tent to worn out easily.

Do you know more about it?

I can tell I found these clips mounted on high range models like the Maximas.

Thanks for the pics, by the way.

This clip mounted on a Maxima?! :hmm1:

No, it's inpossible for me.

Perhaps a replacement....

But if you have a picture, please, let me see it.

Nothing is impossible with vintage pens! rolleyes.gif

Especially for those minor productions.

As you know these clips needs a particular setting to be mounted. Following the idea of a replacement, it would had been much easier, perhaps cheaper, to replace the clip with another "ruzzolina style" one.

But I understand your doubt. In fact, it is easier to accept that clip on more economic models like the one you show in your pictures (lever filler, two cap rings, white trims,...).

I would be happy to show you the pen itself or pictures of it, but I recently moved and I have no easy access to my pens at the moment.

Hopefully I have something in my database.

I will have a look...

Cheers

Zanio

Here we go!

The Maxima

You can see also that the cap rings does not have the usual rolled gold quality trims.