Welcome to the Waterman Forum

inkdesigner

I have a lovely Waterman Lady Agathe, I would like to share the picture with all of you.

post-44357-0-10233100-1292124169.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/rcmirani/Nisstiiv/rcm.gif

View pens

Email me

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/rcmirani/Nisstiiv/nisstiiv.gifhttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/rcmirani/Nisstiiv/Sterling%20Silver/nisstiiv_fountain_pen_Grain%20dorge_silver_300_zpsnkexhez7.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subey4040

• Left FPN

• twduffy58

• leojninuca

• 2 months later...

I'm fairly new to FPN, and have just got back into fountain pens after a long hiatus. I've been looking for a Waterman 52 Wet Noodle, but they seem to be hard to find. My favorite pen so far is a Recife Crystal that I have had for a number of years.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I have been in possess of a couple of Waterman's. Great pens. Have always liked the way the long nib glides over the paper. But have not seen that same type of pen anywhere else. Its an all metal body, black nib holder. Will attach a pix of it 2moro morn. But any idea about its history? It says "Made in France" on the cap which is also metal.

Olly

post-76600-0-93152800-1317363970.jpg

post-76600-0-36833700-1317363996.jpg

post-76600-0-23958000-1317364015.jpg

Edited by ollycal

Hi all,

I have been in possess of a couple of Waterman's. Great pens. Have always liked the way the long nib glides over the paper. But have not seen that same type of pen anywhere else. Its an all metal body, black nib holder. Will attach a pix of it 2moro morn. But any idea about its history? It says "Made in France" on the cap which is also metal.

Olly

Waterman Graduate, I had the same for my studies.

good evening

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I too am new to the FPN forums and I am trying to increase my implements in a slow and steady manner, right now I am a bit challenged but think I will be going to a shop nearby and picking up a Waterman Hemisphere on Wednesday. The wife will kill me but the trade might just be worth it.

"know thyself?" If I knew myself, I'd run away.

Goethe

• 2 weeks later...

I received a Waterman Phileas demonstrator today from Montgomery pens and I inked it with Private reserve Midnight Blue and I'm very satisfied with the pen so far. I had a piston converter from a Pen and Ink sketch pen that fit, so I am a happy camper!

"know thyself?" If I knew myself, I'd run away.

Goethe

• 4 weeks later...

Is the waterman expert III fountain pen (with gold trim) a decent pen?

We hope it will be when it comes out...

but the II seems to get good reviews.

• 2 months later...

I began collecting vintage fountain pens several years ago, I also have modern fountain pens. I know focusing my collection on specific brand, I have chosen Waterman. I own a couple modern Watermans, and a couple vintage ones. Looking to being expanding my vintage Waterman Collection. I like collecting vintage fountain pens and also enjoying learning the history of the company. I joined a several years ago and decided to become more active, become a better informed collector instead an amasser.

I began collecting vintage fountain pens several years ago, I also have modern fountain pens. I know focusing my collection on specific brand, I have chosen Waterman. I own a couple modern Watermans, and a couple vintage ones. Looking to being expanding my vintage Waterman Collection. I like collecting vintage fountain pens and also enjoying learning the history of the company. I joined a several years ago and decided to become more active, become a better informed collector instead an amasser.

• 4 months later...

My first fountain pen was a Waterman Expert in "Smart Blue" that my husband gave me. I love the weight and the look of it. It has written like a dream from the first moment that I pulled it out of the box. So they hold a special place in my heart, and I hope to be able to acquire more of them as my pocketbook allows!

"Wer schweigt, stimmt zu."

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to know which is a good Waterman pen for a beginner to the world of Waterman FP?

I am a Parker Vector user.

Please guide me to an appropriate topic/ thread on this forum. Most discussions seem to be on vintage Waterman pens and I do not want to be lured into an expensive hobby as of now !!

• 1 year later...

I would like to know which is a good Waterman pen for a beginner to the world of Waterman FP?

I am a Parker Vector user.

Please guide me to an appropriate topic/ thread on this forum. Most discussions seem to be on vintage Waterman pens and I do not want to be lured into an expensive hobby as of now !!

You might consider a Gentleman or Hemisphere

• 1 month later...

Delighted to find this forum, as two days ago I bought a vintage Waterman "Ideal" fountain pen (part of a set with a mechanical pencil) -- not realizing that it was "vintage" but simply fell in love with its appearance and then given a chance to dip it in some ink and feel it in my hand. I hope on this forum to find out more about the pen, its "care and handling" as I'm now using it regularly, with my old beloved Mont Blanc, and my snazzy newer Lamy calligraphic for the moment waiting on the sidelines.

• 1 month later...

Waterman... I was talking to my mother yesterday evening telling her I was getting back to FP ad she reminded me that over 20 years ago I gave a Waterman and its still working fine, and smother than her Montblanc. she prefers the nib on it.

To tell you the truth, I can't remember giving it to her but it made me really happy hearing that she still owns ans uses it :)

• 1 year later...

It was a Waterman that got me back into fountain pens. My daughters gave me a Blue Hemisphere for Christmas a couple of years ago and now I'm hooked. I had a couple of my Dad's pre WWII Parkers restored and I enjoy using them but I keep going back to the Waterman. I love the way it floats over the paper when writing. It is my everyday, carry with me pen. The only down side is I like a thicker barrel and this pen is slim.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow, what a ride!

• 2 months later...

I love Watermans - my first fountain pen was a Le Man 100 which I got over 25 years ago

Hope you kept it:-)

Hello all, I have a lot of waterman vintage and modern lol, ranging from waterman Patricia lady onyx, 14VPSF Prior 1917 with clip and black chevron design, 1930 3v, 1950 cf ideal mint with original glass cartridge early 1970 graduate steel with flair design and the torsade, 1930 #94 set, 512v and w5 in blue.. Pink.. Gold.. Gray.. laurates in marble and shadowed designs, executive, the exclusive, 1989 French bicentennial man 100 set with complete wooden box and so forth, green and blue marble Phileas, red mineral rhapsody, and reflex model pens.