Montblanc Bp Using Parker Style Refill?

Crackerdog

Has anyone ever heard of a Montblanc BP pen that will not accept a Montblanc BP refill?

I have a potential customer that insists her pen is authentic, but after sending me an image of her original refill it appears to be a Parker Style BP refill.

I hate to burst her bubble & tell her she may not have an authentic pen. Especially if there is a possibility that some of the pen models may use this refill!

post-7503-127566447418.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crackerdog

• penparadise

• Bo Bo Olson

• rdarby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never got one of the Parker's to work in my 734...The MB refill that fit my pen had a round top.

I only have one MB ball point...I don't know if they wised up on other ball point pens.

Perhaps some Parker refills work.

I had a P-75 set, and the mechanical pencil, would not work the Parker refills I tried in it. I did not look to see if there were more than one kind of Parker Refill.

However, by sheer chance I tried a similar Schneider refill in that silver P-75 MP, and now I have a good functioning ball point.

I can't quite read that refill, are you sure it is a Parker and not a Schneider? They look like two egg twins.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Has anyone ever heard of a Montblanc BP pen that will not accept a Montblanc BP refill?

I have a potential customer that insists her pen is authentic, but after sending me an image of her original refill it appears to be a Parker Style BP refill.

I hate to burst her bubble & tell her she may not have an authentic pen. Especially if there is a possibility that some of the pen models may use this refill!

The lady that has it says that the refill is marked "Montblanc". I think she has a counterfeit pen because I have never heard of a Montblanc pen accepting a standard sized refill such as a Parker Style ballpoint.

The name Parker Style doesn't imply that it is a Parker brand refill, merely that it is a "Parker Style" refill. Many companies make refills that are called "Parker Style", it refers to the size, length, & dimensions of the refill.

• 2 weeks later...

It's counterfeit! The lady definately has a faked Montblanc pen with a faked Montblanc refill.

Montblanc never made ballpoint pens where you can use Parker style refills in.

Axel

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

Thank you so much to everyone for confirming my suspicions! I have seen a jump in people seeking refills for their Montblanc pens that don't seem to use a genuine "Montblanc" refill!

I'm sure many here already know of the market for "unauthorized" MB product, but just a fair warning to many out there, new and old alike, that the quality level of the counterfeits is becoming increasingly good. In my boutique alone this month I've seen six counterfit MB ballpoints, and to be honest, most people would never catch the little details that call them out as fake.

First thing, the clips are "softer" than MB originals, they flex more. Also, the fit around the top is not 100%, it has a slight taper that makes them stick out some. Second, the cap top (or snowcap as many call it) is made with a white metal thread, MB originals are brass (also, the fakes are now being made with the star actually inlayed, just like the real deal from MB!!!).

Twist mechanisms, look just like the real deal on MB (main way to tell quickly is the snowcap is usually glued in on its threads, making it hard to remove), but on the black resin bodies with gold trim (only fakes I've encountered so far) it uses a white metal twist, MB is brass (Real MB platinum trim and solitaires will use a plated twist, so that it matches the trim).

Quick way to tell at a glance, check the serial number. The fakes have them just like the real MB, but they are not straight, they tend to drop off at a slight angle.

The fakes can actually accept real MB parts...so be warned! Just thought I would share some info with you all...if I can get some pictures next time one comes through, I will share that with you all as well.

Mike

Edited by humphrey351

The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your whole life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

-Katsumoto (from the Last Samurai)