M800 Brown Tortoise Shell

Bruno Taut

Why doesn't FPN approach Pelikan with a request? I'm sure dealers will place big orders, too.

Genius! Count me in.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keye Skware

• seasterl

• Bruno Taut

• PJohnP

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if Pelikan would get let's say a 100 emails over the next 6 months from 100 different people in different locations they wouldn't say NO me thinks...

regards

christian

• 2 weeks later...

It is the most beautiful pen I own thanks to Rick Propas

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2638/4111027305_5b211da62a.jpg

Ah, that fresh ink on paper look!

and all of us who've had the privilege of knowing jpr are gnashing our teeth in envy.... ;)

It is the most beautiful pen I own thanks to Rick Propas

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2638/4111027305_5b211da62a.jpg

Check out my blog and my pens

This is definitely a beautiful pen, arguably the finest looking pen in existence and definitely a very strong contender if not most beautiful.

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

-----

Common sense isn't "right wing" unless you are too far to the left.

-----

www.ebookgab.com for all readers of ebooks

Why doesn't FPN approach Pelikan with a request? I'm sure dealers will place big orders, too.

To produce, pelikan need worldwide order going by thousands to produce.(This is what i heard of, which certain model i did suggest them to do it)

Example Blue M1000.

WhatsApp me at +65 93682205 For Faster Reply

http://goo.gl/GAvll Classified Sales in FPN

http://stores.ebay.com/A-Pen-Hardcopy Ebay Store USA

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-Pen-Hardcopy Ebay Store UK

Old Sale Thread with Feedbacks From Customers.

Citreoenpers, a small press in Amsterdam, commissioned a yellow M200 some years ago. 1200 pieces I think.

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

I think they shouldn't redo this (even though I'd love one) as I think some of the cache comes from knowing it's such an unattainable pen for most of us. I'm sure many will disagree though.

My perspective as an owner is that Pelikan should re-make this but with physical differences to the original. Then, a lot of enthusiasts get to own an M800 tortoise

without the original losing its cache. As an example, the originals of their time series that mimicked the 1930's pens.

Ah, that fresh ink on paper look!

I started this thread asking for information on the origin of this gorgeous pen, but the final result is totally different--we all of us want one!

Did I increase the demand? I only wanted information...

Cheers,

Iosepus

Bruno Taut - Crónicas Estilográficas (https://estilofilos.blogspot.com)

The contents and pictures of this post belong to the author, here identified as Bruno Taut.

if Pelikan would get let's say a 100 emails over the next 6 months from 100 different people in different locations they wouldn't say NO me thinks...

regards

christian

Emails? Or, how about handwritten letter requests? We DO have nice fountain pens, let's admit. Either way, how about a letter campaign?

It's only an addiction if you try to stop.

My perspective as an owner is that Pelikan should re-make this but with physical differences to the original. Then, a lot of enthusiasts get to own an M800 tortoise

without the original losing its cache. As an example, the originals of their time series that mimicked the 1930's pens.

I am not sure if I see a problem, as a new issue would not have the medallions on the top or bottom. As well, the original issue did not have the "Souveran" on the cap band.

I think they shouldn't redo this (even though I'd love one) as I think some of the cache comes from knowing it's such an unattainable pen for most of us. I'm sure many will disagree though.

I totally agree, and I won't do that if I were to make any decision on whether I would revive this or not. The moment they revive this one,

the enthusiasm shown here will disappear soon. What makes this pen adorable is not the color or design but the scarcity of this one.

Look what happened whenever they make a special edition of tortoise model.

so much for the m800 tortoise. They already know it. and they won't run the risk

Edited by pelicanachic

not that i'm much for the brown, even if it is rare (which i couldn't really care less about) could you hire somebody to turn a cap and blind cap? somebody who knows what they're doing should be able to do it fairly easily, i'd think, for less than another pen retail.

has anybody asked?

I totally agree, and I won't do that if I were to make any decision on whether I would revive this or not. The moment they revive this one,

the enthusiasm shown here will disappear soon. What makes this pen adorable is not the color or design but the scarcity of this one.

so much for the m800 tortoise. They already know it. and they won't run the risk

But does Pelikan really achieve any pecuniary gains (it is a business, after all) from the "scarcity" of pens it no longer produces? The revenue streams from non-production pens are gone. The new m400 tortoise presumably gave them a nice little spike. I understand the management of a brand and an image, but I believe Pelikan does that pretty well - the majority of their pens (at least most of the traditional pens) evoke Pelikan without hesitation. I limited edition run now (say of the m800 tort) would give them a nice additional spike in revenue, and yet again bring that desirability cachet of many of their other limited edition runs (e.g., blue ocean, etc.) after some time again.

Am I off-base, here?

Brian

regards

christian

Emails? Or, how about handwritten letter requests? We DO have nice fountain pens, let's admit. Either way, how about a letter campaign?

I'll happily write them a letter if you can provide the correct address?

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i

But does Pelikan really achieve any pecuniary gains (it is a business, after all) from the "scarcity" of pens it no longer produces? The revenue streams from non-production pens are gone. The new m400 tortoise presumably gave them a nice little spike. I understand the management of a brand and an image, but I believe Pelikan does that pretty well - the majority of their pens (at least most of the traditional pens) evoke Pelikan without hesitation. I limited edition run now (say of the m800 tort) would give them a nice additional spike in revenue, and yet again bring that desirability cachet of many of their other limited edition runs (e.g., blue ocean, etc.) after some time again.

Am I off-base, here?

if they re-issue the pen, the original m800 tortoise's value will drop significantly

(it's a modern pen and the case with original of their time is very different because they're different pen but if they re-issue m800 tortoise,

it's almost the same except the logo on the cap top and the medal on the knob)

The company needs to respect the collector's desire(in this case, the pelikan needs to respect the m800 tortoise owner's desire

Because it's not a big market anymore. and if they re-issue the pen, they'll probably turn their back on the collector

it can be a huge blow to the company they'll probably risk losing their main and faithful customer(the collector group)

however, if they don't re-issue, they don't need to run the risk because no one is losing here

m400 tortoise re-issue is not a big deal because it's not a expensive or very scarce one

but I think the case with m800 tortoise is not that easy

I would rather ask for the company to produce m600 and m1000 tortoise instead of m800 tortoise

it sounds more realistic(but I guess no one wants m600 m1000 tortoise This is why I think m800 tortoise is

attractive to many of us because of its scarity)

Edited by pelicanachic