• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taki

• lightstatic

• Rugrat

• inkysmudges

Hi,

can anyone tell me if UJUKU is still in business? i am trying to contact Yamada-san, but my emails did not get any replies.

it would be good if i can get his number....

PM sent. FYI, he prefer not to be called because his spoken English is not very good.

Thanks Taki-san, i PMed you back....sorry very new to the forum, didnt' see the message in my sent box, not sure if it got toyou....

I got it :) It's a board bug(a bad default) and it's not saved unless you check the box to save in sent folder. I always forget to do that :bonk:

Hi, can anyone tell me if UJUKU is still in business?

Mos Def, I've ordered from them several times over the last few months. I did get mail bounced from one of their email addys but the ones that end as @mxi.netwave.or.jp seem to work fine.

That said I did send in a request last week and haven't heard back yet. Maybe they're on vacation? Good on 'em if they are, it's a great service they provide and I hope they a little R&R.

I'll send an e-mail to Yamada san tonight. Now I'm a little worried as he usually answers e-mails whithin a few days, if not the next day. He is about my parents' age, and has had some health problems. I'll let you guys know when I heasr back from him. I really hope he is on vacation or something.

Let's hope all is well. I just won an ebay auction for a yellow vanishing point, and paid through PayPal.

It turns out that Yamada-san has started another non-pen related side business, and been extremely busy. He apologized that he has been a bit slow replying e-mails. His wife has been taking care of the pen sales but there have been some problems with eBay store listing as they are not used to the system. He said he will correct problems soon.

Thanks for the update. I wish them all the best in their new business .. but I hope they don't forget the pen sales. I would REALLY miss them if they did. :crybaby:

I never did get an email response from Ujuku, but I did get the pen within seven days of winning the Ebay auction, so I have no complaints.

Thanks for the update. I wish them all the best in their new business .. but I hope they don't forget the pen sales. I would REALLY miss them if they did. :crybaby:

I don't think they are planning to get out of FP business, as the other one does not sound like very lucrative. I think it's more like Mr. Yamada's hobby (raising rare chickens and ducks).

Legal Lefty, I'm glad you got your pen :thumbup:

Edited by Taki

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I got my reply from them a couple days ago. Not what I wanted to hear, but a reply nonetheless.

The site remains inaccessible. Hope he is okay.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Will send an e-mail to them later. A big holiday is coming up in Japan this weekend, so they may be just busy. Still, seems wierd to take the site offline.

Edited by Taki

• 2 months later...

I put in an order for a Pilot Custom 742 with FA nib with Ujuku Pen Shop. Got an invoice and paid via Paypal on Thursday, Oct. 11. That's the last I heard. No tracking number and no pen so far. Tried to email and placed a post on the Ujuku message board. Do they usually send a tracking number? I have the Paypal receipt. Is there a chance they don't know that I've paid? Do they check email regularly?

Any suggestions anyone?

I made an order on the 7th, and had to wait for some stock to arrive. I didn't get a notification, but it shipped on the 13th and arrived on the 18th. I've made many orders with the Ujuku Shop, and though communications can be erratic, everything has been perfect otherwise.

EMS is used, so there are always tracking numbers if you ask - sometimes they just forget to email you the tracking info. They do check email regularly... don't stress. :)

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection