FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

22 hours ago, northstar said:

Hello Ruth, its the dome of a Mosque

Mosque.jpg.088ae78a5c8a5ba28265ffc4c005a9c4.jpg

I had sort of guessed that, from the Arabic text in the artwork.  But I was curious as to specifically what one and where it is (I was pretty sleepy when I posted the question, so I may have not made myself clear -- sorry about that).

Thanks for posting the color photo -- the color of the building (particularly for the domes) is pretty spectacular.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

“The main thing is that the light in your heart does not go out… Everything else can be fixed” – Artur Asadov.

04150008sm_Lamy2000BlackEF.jpg.da7a535c42fa54d1e166273f9743436b.jpg
(Lamy 2000 Black, Monteverde Amethyst, Double A(A4))

PS: 
"Christ is Risen!"
This year I am celebrating very modestly, apart from my family and friends. Usually my wife bakes a wonderful Easter cake, so this year I bought it, but I'm drawing the eggs. I used themes from the ethical region of the Over Dnieper Region, Polissia, South, Western and Eastern Podillya, Bukovyna and Transcarpathia, because Ukraine is one!
Happy Easter and victory to Ukraine in the near future!

04160023sm_Easter2023FromKyiv.jpg.ee221d36ee29676cefac5a0fa3531fd0.jpg

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

3 hours ago, Andrew_L said:
“The main thing is that the light in your heart does not go out… Everything else can be fixed” – Artur Asadov.

04150008sm_Lamy2000BlackEF.jpg.da7a535c42fa54d1e166273f9743436b.jpg
(Lamy 2000 Black, Monteverde Amethyst, Double A(A4))

PS: 
"Christ is Risen!"
This year I am celebrating very modestly, apart from my family and friends. Usually my wife bakes a wonderful Easter cake, so this year I bought it, but I'm drawing the eggs. I used themes from the ethical region of the Over Dnieper Region, Polissia, South, Western and Eastern Podillya, Bukovyna and Transcarpathia, because Ukraine is one!
Happy Easter and victory to Ukraine in the near future!

04160023sm_Easter2023FromKyiv.jpg.ee221d36ee29676cefac5a0fa3531fd0.jpg

Thanks to last year's inspiration from you:

large.IMG_3150.JPG.dda17889687dc5a25c92d91be538983b.JPG

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

13 hours ago, essayfaire said:

Thanks to last year's inspiration from you:

large.IMG_3150.JPG.dda17889687dc5a25c92d91be538983b.JPG

Wow! It's really fantastic! Nice work!

5 hours ago, Andrew_L said:

Wow! It's really fantastic! Nice work!

We bought a kit after seeing @Andrew_L's posts last year.  Very Zen and the results are way more impressive than Paaz! New tradition.

Festina lente

I saved video to you of the process of creating Easter eggs, and just was waiting for your questions, but I see that you have learned to do it well yourself.

Just portrait:

04170007sm_WancherDreamPenWcustomUEF.jpg.70a5af2acbaf7762a3f61908c5e2d048.jpg

(Wancher DreamPen True Urushi Aka-Tamenuri w|custom UEF Noodler's Flexible nib, Diamine Matador, Double A(A4)

1 hour ago, Andrew_L said:

I see that you have learned to do it well yourself.

I would say I am learning.  Still trying to figure out how to get the blue/greens on that apparently aren't dipped in dye but hand painted.

I think I may need to buy an electric kitsky for next year.  We haven't yet varnished our eggs, and I lost one when I tried to melt the wax off in the toaster oven and it rolled out and cracked. A hairdryer wasn't warm enough and though I was patient in the creation stage, I was less so in the wax-removal stage. 

Festina lente

A few years ago I went to a friend's house because she was having a workshop in doing pysanky.  I had wanted to learn how to do it for years, and when she ran the class I jumped at the opportunity.  Mine were, of course, no way NEAR as good as hers, mind you....

This is the same friend who, when she needed help moving a large wall unit she was buying from someone who was moving, and my husband and I met her at the sellers' apartment, as a thank you she gave me the Monteverde Strata (B nib), and him a Hongdian which I think is a 6013 model (F nib) -- but I don't know where he's squirreled it away in his office (it was way too heavy a pen for me).

My friend is multi-talented.  Besides doing the pysanky, I think I think she does fiber stuff, she does amazing calligraphy and illumination and makes her own parchment!  

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sounds like she should be on FPN.  We made parchment.  Once. 

Festina lente

11 hours ago, essayfaire said:

I think I may need to buy

The classic way is to hold the egg over the candle and then wipe off the wax with a napkin. Careful, take your time, but it works.

Green is a yellow(first) + blue(after). Usually coloring (painting) starts from the lightest to the darkest. i.e. black to the end.

11 hours ago, Andrew_L said:

The classic way is to hold the egg over the candle and then wipe off the wax with a napkin. Careful, take your time, but it works.

Green is a yellow(first) + blue(after). Usually coloring (painting) starts from the lightest to the darkest. i.e. black to the end.

The instructions in the kit had us put on the light green or blue after yellow but before moving on to most of the darker colors.  All the other colors were dyed.

I was losing patience with the candle.  That's when I went to the oven.

Festina lente

Unfortunately, only sometimes, but I’m grateful and for that, Instagram still show really interesting things. This time I came across a wonderful harmonica player – Indiara Sfair. I couldn’t resist trying to draw her portrait.

04190007sm_CrossPeerless125QB.jpg.bc4c115fa3de984f0bd8526d9d19dd22.jpg
(Cross Peerless 125 Quartz Blue, Noodler's Ottoman Azure, Double A(A4))

Yeah, me too -- I had forgotten what a nice ink Ottoman Azure is....

Thank you.

I'm definitely not a fan of the Noodler's inks brand because their inks are too demanding to the paper, but Ottoman Azure is probably one of the best of this brand. By the way, I didn't notice before, but now I noticed that this ink smears on the paper, not as much as Organics Studio, but still smears.

Hello everyone,

Pen: Sheaffer Snorkel Crest Pastel Green

Ink: Vintage Sheaffer Deluxe Black #62

Paper: A3 White 52g TR (Tomoe River)

417785183_J21-4-2023.jpg.e3ea32892b40fc85d22154c85027b636.jpg

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

43 minutes ago, Catpaws said:

that looks beautiful!

100%

Just a portrait of black woman with curly hair.

04210008sm_PilotJustusOriginalUEF.jpg.8e3f460c9bb57b2b4f4e29e92007dbae.jpg

(Pilot Justus original w|custom UEF nib, Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black, Double A(A4))

http://lenskiy.org/2021/07/pilot-justus-first-edition/

Fuminori Tsuchiko - is one of the hero of our days. He left his homeland to help Ukrainians and spent 9 months in the Kharkov metro for helps.

04220032sm_Lamy2000DrawingNibUEF.jpg.acf9d0a5b351916c943f55e406436ef1.jpg

(Lamy 2000 w|custom Drawing nib, Private Reserve Avocado, Double A(A4))

Full review: http://lenskiy.org/2023/04/ground-to-uef-modern-lamy-2000-black/

I drew these Ring Necked ducks with this super old and worn Swan 1500 Eyedropper, which I recently got, I was careful to warm it up in the hand after filling and still checked the feed to be sure it wasn’t going to blob and when thinking or resting held up the nib end a bit….

Regards, Glen