FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

I'm not sure I can.  It was shared on a friend's FB page.  But the poem was written by  someone named Michel Lopez, a friend of the artist, Steven Spazuk, and my friend found and shared it and you can find the link here (not sure whether you can access it without a FB account though):

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=502743167908962&set=pcb.502743527908926 and (framed with the artwork) here: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=502743397908939&set=pcb.502743527908926

And this is Spazuk's piece: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=502742311242381&set=pcb.502743527908926

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

17 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

not sure whether you can access it without a FB account though):

I won't click to anything FB.  Thanks anyway.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody! I apologize for the forced silence, but I decided to return at home. For a while I went on the road, and then a few more days to clean the apartment with household issues. I still don’t know what my future life and opportunities will be, but at least I’m close to my pens and can draw something with them. Maybe, in the near future, I will be able to make a few more reviews of those pens that I did not have time to reviewed before the war. But with the first post upon my return, I would like to pay tribute and respect to the courageous journalist and photographer – Max Levin!

05150008sm_GloryToUkraineGloryToHeroesFB.jpg.1a99c67befcf35f5d4a2abb4f78235c4.jpg

http://lenskiy.org/2022/05/81th-day-of-war-in-ukraine-stoprussia/

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

Thankyou @Andrew_Lfor returning to show us your beautiful drawing. Not a day has passed here when your posts have not been missed.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

@Andrew_L-- We're all relieved that you are okay given what is happening in your country.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

@Andrew_LI already saw this on your blog!  Was excited to see the Vanishing Point as I know you've been working without your fountain pens.  Your drawings throughout, even when not in pen, have been so wonderful and inspiring and I actively look for them now.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Thank you!

It is quite difficult in the current situation for me, I mean russia’s military invasion to Ukraine, to return to normal life (as far as possible), but we need to start from somewhere. On February 23, the day before the war, I prepared another review, but I simply did not have enough time to write it and I postponed it to the next day. But the next day … the war began … and it was no longer up to the fountain pens. The first 2-3 days, most people were in shock and could not do anything at all. Then I began to draw on the Ukrainian themes, on the one hand, to relieve stress and, on the other hand, to express my protest against the ongoing events and tell about war to you all. Then, due to the serious danger to my family and thanks to friends(Dima, Ksenia, Luka), we left Kyiv and took only the most necessary things, which did not include pens. A few days ago I returned at home and so let’s try to start:

“I can’t go on. I’ll go on.” - Samuel Beckett - very relevant to me at this moment in time.

02230014sm_Lamy2000SSM.jpg.519107948afd3195567cf5a2b8126c0c.jpg

(Lamy 2K Stainless Steel, vtg. Waterman's Luminouse Bleu, Double A(A4))

Full review: http://lenskiy.org/2022/05/modern-lamy-2000-stainless-steel/

Andrew:

Welcome back.  We are all pulling for you and your country.  Slava Ukraine!

Don

I just learned what "Slava Ukraini" means, after it was used in yesterday online comic "The Two Lumps" which is about a couple of cats (based on ones owned or formerly owned but the two people who do the comic (one writes and the other draws).  I need to remember to show yesterday's strip to my husband and also send my brother the link to the strip as well, since it is often QUITE entertaining -- especially to people who live with or have lived with kitties....

Thank you @dfollett_98! Heroyam slava!

@inkstainedruth "Slava Ukraine!" - Glory to Ukraine - It's like a mix of encouraging battle cry (Hurray) and wish for health/toast/reverence (for health/to the God), used in combination with another sentence "Heroyam slava! "(Glory to the Heroes!). This is an approximate sense, I do not know how to express it more precisely.

Today I would like to pay tribute to another hero and patriot who died in this war – Yuriy Dadak (Ruf) – Ukrainian poet, scientist, public figure, founder of the literary project “Spirit of the Nation”. 

05200007sm_TWSBI580ALRPrussianBlueF.jpg.4ea68acb60e700a4ee4b02645884e63d.jpg

(TWSBI Diamond 580 AL, Pelikan 4001 Violett, Double A(A4))

http://lenskiy.org/2022/05/86th-day-of-war-in-ukraine-stoprussia/

ps: If someone remembers, at the end of last year I reviewed one of my disappointments in 2021 – TWSBI Diamon 580 AL – the one with stacked piston and cracked body, the one that TWSBI refused to repair after knew that I was from Ukraine. At the end, I fixed it myself, fill and did review. For 3 months lying of filled pen remained working. Perhaps the ink evaporated a little in the body and became a little darker and more saturated, but nevertheless the result is very good.

You are a supremely talented artist. I hope you stay safe.  I hope the wretched war ends as soon as possible. 

Posted Image