Iroshizuku Inks in the UK

MrClegg

Epo - how was it delivered (i.e. Fedex or ordinary post) and does your figure include VAT, Royal Mail bunce etc? And which colours did you get :happyberet:

Ordinary post, I didn't pay import duty or VAT on this package (which may have been due to a lowish total value?) I got Iroshizuku Yu-Yake (Orange) and Sailor blue-black (sei-boku).

EDIT, thewritingdesk (no affiliation etc) sells Sailor inks at about that price so I probably should have got two bottles of Iroshizuku

Edited by epo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• da vinci

• Bigeddie

• lapis

• Blackforest

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I keep thinking we should all (US, UK, wherever) stick to our guns and refuse to pay these prices for this ink. We should stand our ground, darn it, because unless we do so we shall continue to be robbed blind by Pilot/Namiki for the sake a few mls of colored water.

We should be strong!

We should unite as one!

NO IROSHIZUKU INK!

Now...where's my Namiki Falcon filled with Tsuki-yo? :embarrassed_smile:

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Anyone know if anything has improved since last April for us UK people on the Iroshizuku front?

I have recently ordered from "La Couronne du Comte", in the Netherlands. I am sure you can order from the UK too. It costs 30€ plus postage (which will be zero if you order over a certain amount).

http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/index.php?cPath=161_333

• 1 year later...

Think for us in the UK a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku ink will be costing us £25 give or take a couple of quid. Whether sourced from Japan, The Netherlands or the occasional UK supplier it does not come any cheaper. If the bottle is not of interest then a seller in Japan can send in a plastic option and the shipping dips a bit but not that much.

Any UK traveller going to Japan then I have a plan ! :rolleyes:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I recently bought a bottle of Fuyu-Gaki from Rolf Thiel (missing-pen.de) as part of a mixed consignment of 3 bottles of ink. The Iro cost EUR 23.90 (about GBP 20 at current XR) and he charged a quite reasonable EUR 10.95 for shipping from Germany to the UK for the three. No customs charges or faffing as it's within the EU, arrived in just a few days.

That would work out at about GBP29 for just a bottle of Iroshizuku on its own assuming the same postage, but only 20 quid more for two etc. Best thing is to email for details, tell the man what you want and get a quote for the lot. May not be the cheapest but certainly quick and convenient and not too dear...

No affiliation, just a happy customer. :)

• 2 years later...

Well, pricy or not, I will get at least one, because I really like the design of the bottle, even if its bit overhyped I think (well, this is the moment when, I got stoned to death...), and there are similar colors (similar not same, stoned to death second time...).... :blush:

(The trouble is that Rolf doesn't sell them anymore...)

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Whilst this thread is old, I am sure there is a uk retailer as an exhibitor at the UK south west pen show on Sunday had some - sure a google will pick it up if you are keen :)

It's going crazy cheap on Amazon uk at the moment, £13 - 18 a bottle. I have picked up 5 or more bottles one at a time as they drop below £15 to make sure I don't get hit with import charges. All from Santa-Trading in Japan, no problems with any of them.

Edited by Bigeddie

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

I ordered my solitary bottle of Asa-Gao from Santa Trading the other day...£14 something (I just checked to make sure it was under £15!).

Given the seller's name I hope it arrives before christmas. ;)

Santa trading in Amazon sells it cheaper now.. 15 pounds average.. Delivered in three to four weeks.. Bought a 'few' after Christmas and got delivered end of Jan.. Each ink comes in its own package so no import charges either!

I bought from Santa Trading (good services) or even directly from Japan (Rakuten Global Market). The medium price was 16-18 euros/ bottle.

I keep thinking we should all (US, UK, wherever) stick to our guns and refuse to pay these prices for this ink. We should stand our ground, darn it, because unless we do so we shall continue to be robbed blind by Pilot/Namiki for the sake a few mls of colored water.

We should be strong!

We should unite as one!

NO IROSHIZUKU INK!

Now...where's my Namiki Falcon filled with Tsuki-yo? embarrassed_smile.gif

My trouble is that I keep saying the same thing about CdAs -- old or new -- also. But...................................................................................

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Well, Santa Trading looks better than other alternatives... I have a strong believe, that I will receive some Iroshizuku.. :puddle:
Just because I really like how the bottle looks like... Okay, colors looks nice too...

It's going crazy cheap on Amazon uk at the moment, £13 - 18 a bottle. I have picked up 5 or more bottles one at a time as they drop below £15 to make sure I don't get hit with import charges. All from Santa-Trading in Japan, no problems with any of them.

Thanks Bigeddie :thumbup:

I did the same thing for a bottle of kon-peki, a painless transaction.