Thread 2 - mediocrechris' Sailor traveling journal - Thread 2

mediocrechris

I am wondering if it isn't too late for me to join?

Edited by pkoko

I think of my FPs as my children.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mediocrechris

• Gepzo

• Conz

• Pathfinder3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

hi all. Just had a wonderful but short meeting with Joel in Singapore, where he handed the journal to me. I really enjoyed reading it!

I will be back home in 5 days, at which point I will write in it (I don't have my sailor with me now as I am travelling) and send it onwards.

Great project!

Wow! How fantastic is that? Two FPN members meeting up to exchange my journal which started in Il, went to Japan and is now in Singapore? I know to a lot of you that's fairly insignificant, but I think it's rather awesome.

Hi Chris,

I was thinking that maybe we could send the journal around again instead of raffling it off when you get it back. Would love to see for myself the entries made by other Sailor pen users.

Con.

Con, I was thinking about scanning the journal and making the scans available online.

What a fun idea! Too bad I didn't see this earlier :headsmack: , but I'm in SW Washington State. Guess that I could have received or delivered the journal to Portland, OR by hand. Not anywhere near as exotic as a hand delivery on the other side of the world! I have four Sailor pens {M1911 (XF), 1911 (MS), Mini Pro (M) and Sapporo Mini (F)}. I do hope that some of the journal entried get scanned in. I'd love to see what all of you contributed. I'll keep this in mind, maybe I'll do something like this in a year or two.

//mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Where is the journal now?

Could Mediocrechris publish the path it has followed so far in here?

Cheers,

Iosepus

Bruno Taut - Crónicas Estilográficas (https://estilofilos.blogspot.com)

The contents and pictures of this post belong to the author, here identified as Bruno Taut.

Hey Iosepus!

The Journal started in Illinois, then it went to Japan. Then it went to Singapore. Then it when Phillipines. Now it's going back to the USA, to Washington state!

• 2 weeks later...

And it landed today in Oregon.

I can't believe I have it for the 4th of July holiday. Plenty of time to write!

John Schwab

http://www.dslnorthwest.net/~jschwab/images/letterex.pnghttp://www.dslnorthwest.net/~jschwab/images/cardex.png

Pens for sale at my Website.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sailor Travelling Journal is now on its way to California after a very slight delay.

John

John Schwab

http://www.dslnorthwest.net/~jschwab/images/letterex.pnghttp://www.dslnorthwest.net/~jschwab/images/cardex.png

Pens for sale at my Website.

• 3 weeks later...

The journal arrived in Tennessee safely from California. It is awesome! I'll write in it and pass it along. Who should I send it to next Chris?

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon, check your PMs. I should have sent you the person like 3 months ago. Let me know if you can't find it.

So, everybody, welcome to the beginning of the end. :-) I have the journal in front of me and I've pretty much just put gibberish on my first two pages. I intend on putting the journal in the mail on Friday, 2 April 2010. I am going to send it to one of our brothers in Singapore first. Its going to go to Singapore, then the US, then to the UK then back to the US and then to me. I will put in the final entry and then draw names to decide who gets to keep it.

The first order of business, if you are unable to ship internationally then you should send me a PM or an email.

The second order of business, I don't have everybody addresses yet, namely: Hetty, calibr8, and joelchan.

These are the Rules of the Journal which shall be followed:

1. Thou shalt write only with Sailor pens in the journal.

2. Thou shalt not confess to any crimes inside the journal.

3. Thou shalt not keep the journal for longer than 5 calender days.

These are the Guidelines of the Journal which optionally may be followed:

1. Because there are 16 participants, we have to limit ourselves to about 11 to 12 sides of paper per person. This book has 189 sides (94.5 sheets) and I'd like for everybody to have plenty of paper to use. I thought the journal I selected was the best compromise of price and size. (Gallery Leather brand "Leather Desk Journal" from Barnes & Noble)

2. It would be cool if you list the type of Sailor model, nib size, and ink for each pen that you use.

3. It would also be cool if you number and date your pages.

4. I want to reiterate that you should feel free to write anything you want or draw anything you want. For example, on one of my pages I wrote out the lyrics to a song that I really like. If you're into calligraphy, feel free to demonstrate. If you are good at drawing, feel free to draw. You can use your pages for whatever you want.

Okay, those are the 3 rules and 4 guidelines. I'm going to finalize the mailing order tonight and post it either tonight or tomorrow depending on how tired I am when I finish.

Is it too late to add my name and info to the mailing list so I may enjoy this journal as well?????

John Ebach

4318 Vista Ridge Dr.

Kingwood. TX 77339

If there is time do please add me, if not maybe the next one.

thanks as always

Can I add my name to the Journal as well

PM me if there is enough room

I think of my FPs as my children.

If you're Tennessee, and number 9, I'm number 10, and in TX. Send me a PM if you need my addy! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in there, and adding to it!

-George (aka Gepzo).

Unfortunately, it is too late to add anybody to the journal. I delegated a specific number of pages to each person and therefore there are no extra pages for added members. I'm sorry guys. Hopefully someone else will get a journal going.

• 3 weeks later...