De Atramentis Blackberry Scented ink

karinh

Here's a small review of this ink I just received today from Arthur Brown. I did my best adjusting the colour but for some reason the real juice won't adjust so just image that as being darker and more reddish in colour. Oh, and while you're imagining, please imagine my handwriting to be prettier. :D The bit just before the real blackberry part is on Rhodia paper - it is lighter in colour on this paper.

post-39775-126776212753.jpg

Edited by karinh

"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light." - Groucho Marx

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karinh

• lapis

• GreenVelvet

• esterbex

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice touch with the real blackberry juice!thumbup.gif Good review, I may have to try this one!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Thanks for the review. That's a gorgeous color. That's what I was expecting from the last burgundy I bought which turned out to be more brown. This might be worth a try. :) Thanks.

www.lettermatters.com

P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

Nice review, thanks.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Cobbler anyone? Very yummy review! A must purchase imho!:puddle:

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Thanks for the nice review. I've always been really hot about this ink because it reminds me (optically) of the colour of aubergines (although I love blackberries just as much).

If you don't mind me asking, is it this bottle of ink:

http://www.artbrown....27534C1737.aspx

or this one? http://www.de-atrame...Blackberry-ink/

Yes, you did mention Art Brown. But are the two inks the same, just different labels?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by lapis

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Nice touch with the real blackberry juice!thumbup.gif Good review, I may have to try this one!

Do you think any of these scented inks will be available @ the LR Pen Show this weekend?puddle.gif

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Thanks for the nice review. I've always been really hot about this ink because it reminds me (optically) of the colour of aubergines (although I love blackberries just as much).

If you don't mind me asking, is it this bottle of ink:

http://www.artbrown....27534C1737.aspx

or this one? http://www.de-atrame...Blackberry-ink/

Yes, you did mention Art Brown. But are the two inks the same, just different labels?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

the label on the bottle is the Art Brown picture with more black berries on it. I would imagine that they are the same ink but just with a different graphic on the label. The one on the De Atramentis site says it is blackberry coloured (Brombeertinte).

It is sort of an aubergine skin colour but I don't think I want an ink that smells like aubergine tastes (to me) because YUCK! :D

Karin H

And exactly how strong is the smell and how long does it last?

Nice color.

The smell is quite noticeable while you are writing but it only lasts 5-6 hours on the paper. For about 2 hours you can smell it by waving the paper around near your face but after that you actually have to sniff the paper more closely.

This data only applies to me though and I have a very sensitive nose - some inks I can't use at all because they irritate my nose and I get olfactory migraines. I will have to test this ink on my husband for a 'normal' nose's perspective. :) This ink might annoy me after a while but it doesn't give me a pain in my head, which is always a bonus! ;)

the label on the bottle is the Art Brown picture with more black berries on it. I would imagine that they are the same ink but just with a different graphic on the label. The one on the De Atramentis site says it is blackberry coloured (Brombeertinte).

Thanks for the tip. I'll just phone 'em and ask what's up before I order anything (anywhere).

Actually I don't like aubergines (and their scent) all that much, but a Moussaka is one of my favourite meals. I cook it very often myself :P

Mike

I will have to test this ink on my husband for a 'normal' nose's perspective. :)

I can see this now ...

"Honey, come over and smell this and tell me if it Stinks!"

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

Edited by Glenn-SC

If you can ask her that, I'll bet that that's not her on your avatar

Mike ;)

I will have to test this ink on my husband for a 'normal' nose's perspective. :)

I can see this now ...

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

:lol: He already thinks I'm a bit 'eccentric' with all these old-fashioned (his word) pens and ink, so maybe not.

This data only applies to me though and I have a very sensitive nose - some inks I can't use at all because they irritate my nose and I get olfactory migraines. I will have to test this ink on my husband for a 'normal' nose's perspective. :) This ink might annoy me after a while but it doesn't give me a pain in my head, which is always a bonus! ;)

Thanks for that! I'm scent-sensitive as well. This may just be a scented ink I can stand. Still, I'm a little nervous. I'd hate to spend the money and have to get rid of the bottle because I can't take the scent...

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Thanks for that! I'm scent-sensitive as well. This may just be a scented ink I can stand. Still, I'm a little nervous. I'd hate to spend the money and have to get rid of the bottle because I can't take the scent...

Absolutely me too. If it were determined that they were the same color, but one with scent and one without, I'd probably spring for the unscented one.

If you should try it and not like it I'll buy it from you.

John

John Schwab

http://www.dslnorthwest.net/~jschwab/images/letterex.pnghttp://www.dslnorthwest.net/~jschwab/images/cardex.png

Pens for sale at my Website.