Will the Toyota crisis affect the sales of Japanese fountain pens ?

Patrick L

Don't buy Japanese pens, in fact, you should all dump Japanese pens..... to me! I will now take these faulty pens off your hand for 10 cents on the dollar. Offer only good for 24hrs, so hurry!!!

Joking aside, I don't see this Toyota thing effecting pens

Kevin

:roflmho: :roflmho:

Edited by jlepens

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pippin60

• vans4444

• Patrick L

• Zaarin

No way will I be buying a Japanese pen now. I hear the ink shut-off can get stuck in the gush position causeing it to blot all over the page. . . :blink:

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

No way will I be buying a Japanese pen now. I hear the ink shut-off can get stuck in the gush position causeing it to blot all over the page. . . :blink:

John

...............And that sudden acceleration can give you SEVERE writer's cramp..............:roflmho:

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

More importantly, will the failure of the British Olympic team to reach the curling finals affect the sale of Stilton cheese?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

If people start shunning Japanese fountain pens, then the prices will drop, which means I can afford more of them. Yay! :bunny01:

Just kidding, as this will never happen. I love Japanese products!

I doubt it very much, and I would bet that within the next 9-12 months you will see the quality go up. Its too bad that this had to happen but I would imagine they will implement very stringent QC, going forward.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Late to the party... But what the OP seems to have missed is that the original problems had to do with American made Toyota parts! One of the ways they were going to deal with the problem was to ship over the equivalent parts from Europe and Japan.

Now, I've not kept up to date on the new computer problems, etc- but that's what the story was originally...

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

More importantly, will the failure of the British Olympic team to reach the curling finals affect the sale of Stilton cheese?

:roflmho: :roflmho: Hee Hee! :roflmho:

I don't see it affecting my purchases either way... Wait gotta go my VP just accelerated uncontrolably into the living room and crashed into my Visio big screen.....blink.gif

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I don't see it affecting my purchases either way... Wait gotta go my VP just accelerated uncontrolably into the living room and crashed into my Visio big screen.....blink.gif

:roflmho::ltcapd::clap1:

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

My wife becomes obsessed with curling every 4 years when it is on the Olympics. So there was a lot of emotion from at least one member of the family when the UK teams failed to win anything. But even that will not stop us buying Stilton.

The UK curling team is made up entirely of Scots and Stilton is made in England, so sales should not be affected. Will it affect Scottish delicacies such as haggis, fried Mars bars and whiskey? I think not. Personally, two of these will remain at zero and one will remain at significantly more than zero.

I am aware that I have to be very careful here. There is a feeling among some that if someone from Scotland wins anything, then the newspapers triumph a British success, but if they loose, it becomes a Scottish failure.

Only if start writing much faster without intending to... :bonk:

DISCLAIMER: This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

As a second-generation Japanese-American (nisei), I cannot ever forsake the pens of my people. I just ordered a Pilot Celemo 14K from Hong Kong and eagerly await it. I drive a Mazda3, which are made in Japan, but my mom is going to get another Toyota.

We lost a lot of face in this incident, but that is mostly due to the US government reaction and Ray LaHood telling everyone NOT to drive their cars at all until the dealer fixes them. Unless Secretary LaHood gets on TV and says "DO NOT WRITE WITH JAPANESE FOUNTAIN PENS UNTIL THE FEEDS AND NIBS ARE SERVICED", I think the FP market will stay strong here.

What? No!

That's like asking, will a Hormel meat recall affect the sales of Boeing aircraft

BTW: Bluemagister, is your Mazda 3 really made in japan? Many USDM Toyotas are Made in USA

Unless Secretary LaHood gets on TV and says "DO NOT WRITE WITH JAPANESE FOUNTAIN PENS UNTIL THE FEEDS AND NIBS ARE SERVICED", I think the FP market will stay strong here.

that would create a revolution, so the us gov won't do that.

I think it will because I was writing with my Danitreo and all of a sudden it started writing fast and I couldnt stop it. It eventually stopped after I ran off the paper ans into the wall by my desk.

"Ride, shoot straight, speak the truth"