• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rebcabin

• bushido

• Jopen

• shuuemura

I would recommend the Nakaya Pen pouch. You can find it in the accessories section at nibs.com with John Mottishaw

I purchased this for my Danitrio Mikado and it fits with extra room for it (thus being a perfect size for an emperor.

If you're looking for a hard leather case try Curtis. I got the 2 pen case that comfortably fits my M1000, and my 146 easily.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

You may also do a search on pen wraps here at the market place. There is a FPN fellow that makes some nvery nice wraps to fit this size quite well. I carry sometimes two emperors in a Markiaro leather pen case. They fit well also here.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

you can get a very large cigar case. I got one with 2 slots for my Namiki emperor and it is a great fit. Not only that but you can carry 2 very large pens in it. My Sailor Susutake fits really well also

Nikolaos

I would recommend getting a Takuya leather pen case. I got one for my Namiki Emperor and it is a perfect fit.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2699/4106103066_5704d110a6.jpg

Edited by shuuemura

I just got a pen case customised by rainyday2306 (Nan & Ling). The communication is great and you get to choose your fabric and design (pouch or wrap or "something else"). I figured that cloth is likely to be more gentle than leather as it doesn't scratch nor tarnish. So why not get something specially made for such a special pen?

No affiliations, just a satisfied customer. ;)

Jopen and Nikolaos,

do you have links or names of the vendors? thank you so much.

Regarding pen wraps, just do a search on Stewart Kinner in the market place.

Those are the two I have now. Today I had the black one with a Genkai in it (has place for one more)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2651/4137249614_1f1a73a1f9_o.jpg

Regarding Markiaro, they are distributed by Delta pen sellers (Yafa in USA?)

Takuya seems also very nice and well made, but have no experience with them. I prefer the pen not to be exposed as may happen with part of the cap on the Takuya case shown, I would go for a cigar case as advised for an Urushi finished pen...

Previous post is also very interesting. I had a look at their album and they have very nice pouches and seem to be very flexible about customisation, which is interesting also.

Edited by Jopen
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

I've seen some of the Takuya pen cases and they are great, if you own a Namiki Emperor, you probably want something worth of an emperor.

Maison Takuya

I would recommend getting a Takuya leather pen case. I got one for my Namiki Emperor and it is a perfect fit.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2699/4106103066_5704d110a6.jpg

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography

namiki makes a pouch for the emperor and i just received the order today (it's very nicely done) but unfortunately i have a flat top and it is too small. it must only fit the regular emperors. so i'm back to square one with my problem of finding a pouch.

namiki makes a pouch for the emperor and i just received the order today (it's very nicely done) but unfortunately i have a flat top and it is too small. it must only fit the regular emperors. so i'm back to square one with my problem of finding a pouch.

I also considered getting the Namiki pouch, but it seemed to fit the Emperor too snugly for my liking. If you are on a budget, I'd recommend getting the Nakaya pen pouch - I'm currently also using that for my Vermilion Emperor (I eventually decided to save my Takuya case for one of the Maki-e Emperor pens).

If you prefer something more personalised, I'd give a second recommendation for rainyday2306 (Nan & Ling). I've bought two 6-pen wraps from them so far and have been very satisfied. (no affiliations etc.)

• 1 year later...

I would recommend the Nakaya Pen pouch. You can find it in the accessories section at nibs.com with John Mottishaw

I purchased this for my Danitrio Mikado and it fits with extra room for it (thus being a perfect size for an emperor.

Excuse me.

I am also looking for a pen pouch for Namiki Emperor FP.

Nibs.com seems not selling Nakaya pen pouch any more.

Do you mean the Nakaya "Nishijin pen pouch for 1 piece purple (gold) base"?

Thank you very much.

• 8 years later...

I put my emperors inside white cotton jeweler's gloves. I insert the far end of the pen in the middle finger of the glove, and the thumb of the glove stretches gently over the cap so the pen is completely enclosed in the glove. The gloves are cheap by the dozen at Amazon; I think the brand name is Lisle. I then wrap them up in a Carhartt tool roll ($25), which is pretty strong. Of course, it's huge, like the pens. There are three pouches in the Carhartt just big enough to hold full-sized bottles of Iroshizuku ink. The whole git-up is a monstrous jury-rig, but its absurdity at every level from the pens to the case makes me smile.

Edited by rebcabin

I put my emperors inside white cotton jeweler's gloves. I insert the far end of the pen in the middle finger of the glove, and the thumb of the glove stretches gently over the cap so the pen is completely enclosed in the glove. The gloves are cheap by the dozen at Amazon; I think the brand name is Lisle. I then wrap them up in a Carhartt tool roll ($25), which is pretty strong. Of course, it's huge, like the pens. There are three pouches in the Carhartt just big enough to hold full-sized bottles of Iroshizuku ink. The whole git-up is a monstrous jury-rig, but its absurdity at every level from the pens to the case makes me smile.

I grin reading about that, but pictures would make me lol.

I also found out the Emperors, inside their white gloves, fit pretty well sideways in Nock Sapelo XL pen envelopes. These are little acrylic bags so I wouldn't put an Urushi pen in them without some kind of protection of the finish, but that's what my glove solution is about :) @xyzzy I will try later to upload some pix.

• 2 weeks later...

I also found out the Emperors, inside their white gloves, fit pretty well sideways in Nock Sapelo XL pen envelopes. These are little acrylic bags so I wouldn't put an Urushi pen in them without some kind of protection of the finish, but that's what my glove solution is about :) @xyzzy I will try later to upload some pix.

The Brasstown from Nock also fits Emperors https://nockco.com/cases/brasstown.

I have put two emps in the brasstown; there is enough spare material to

cushion them.

The brasstown price at $40 makes me wince a little, and I'm not really sure

about putting naked urushi and maki-e against "nylon pack cloth," which feels

more rough than cotton. I haven't tried putting the emps wrapped in cotton or

Namiki cloth in the brasstown. It would probably be tight for girth. However,

naked Emperors do fit for length!

Edited by rebcabin