Pilot M90 Fan Club~!

professionaldilettante

I have started using my M90 and original Mu again. Great little pens, but for some reason I am starting to like the original pen more than the M90. I find the M90 maybe too elaborate with the bulge transition between pen cap and body, while the original pen was more seemless.

The M90 however is slightly easier for me to write with but both pens suffer from having to take a second to look at where the nib is, as it is difficult to align the nib without looking at your hand.

I have all the Pilot catalogues, ask me if you need help.

Looking to swap my Noodlers Britannia's Blue Waves

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• furple

• professionaldilettante

• maus930

• Yuki Onitsura

I finally got around cleaning the inked m90 I purchased from Hong Kong day before Christmas eve last year. (Bought the last 2 from the store which brought in a 100 to sell. ) Seriously think of keeping one in a safe as the prices I paid is high but current eBay prices are will double of what I paid for them. Next stop, a MuRex with my birth year and month & a Myu 701.

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

• 1 month later...

I am a happy owner of the M90 with Fine Nib (Mine currently writes smooth as butter for a fine nib :vbg: ), was lucky enough to purchase when they first became available. I think like a week or so later most of the pen stores I frequent online were sold out of both the fine and medium nib but that was quite awhile ago so I could be stretching my recollection.

Also just last week I purchased a MYU701 and now simply waiting for delivery. I am super excited to see the MYU701 side by side with my M90.

Also just last week I purchased a MYU701 and now simply waiting for delivery. I am super excited to see the MYU701 side by side with my M90.

That's a lovely view - my personal opinion is that the older 701 definitely wins over the M90. I'm looking forward to hearing your point of view!

Greetings,

Michael

That's a lovely view - my personal opinion is that the older 701 definitely wins over the M90. I'm looking forward to hearing your point of view!

I sure hope so... Will be taking quite a few photos of them together. I will fill them both with the same ink to get a nice side by side comparison of them. The biggest problem now is deciding which paper and ink to use first. :hmm1:

Hi all,

I am looking to swap MYU pens. I give three MINT MYU 701 for a WHITE STRIPE MYU.

I also give a MINT MYU for a transparent brother MYU.

These two I am missing...

Still missing the "White Stripe" MYU and black brother MYU with transparent section!

(Has somebody a "Murex" with a working clock?

(Thanks to Steve I found the "Black Stripe Capless" and the "White Stripe Capless")

Phew... After so many years. I hunted down and killed 2 M90s. They're too beautiful to use.

Now I keep them like trophies! :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

Phew... After so many years. I hunted down and killed 2 M90s. They're too beautiful to use.

Now I keep them like trophies! :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

They're even more beautiful when you use them.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all my pens, the M90 is one that impresses people when I pull it out

They can't believe how beautiful it is -- It is also a marvlous writer

I'm not sure if the integrated nib/section on the M90 really needs any specialized care, but does anyone have a recommendation for nibmeisters in the USA for this pen?

I bought my M90 with <F> nib a couple years ago, and as nice as it looks, I always thought it had a little bit too much tooth [bordering on scratchy really], not to mention I thought it wrote closer to a Japanese Medium, than to it's designated Fine point. As a result, I'd like to get it tuned smoother and writing finer.

Edited by Arts11

I'm not sure if the integrated nib/section on the M90 really needs any specialized care, but does anyone have a recommendation for nibmeisters in the USA for this pen?

I bought my M90 with <F> nib a couple years ago, and as nice as it looks, I always thought it had a little bit too much tooth [bordering on scratchy really], not to mention I thought it wrote closer to a Japanese Medium, than to it's designated Fine point. As a result, I'd like to get it tuned smoother and writing finer.

Yes, I had to tweak the tine alignment on mine to make it write smoothly. Didn't take much, a very minor adjustment to make it a great writer.

You could try yourself, it's not hard, and there are many guides referenced here, just do a quick search. You will need a good loupe or magnifying glass though, 10-20x.

Cheers,

Effrafax.

"It is a well known and much lamented fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it"

Douglas Adams ("The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - The Original Radio Scripts").

Yes, I had to tweak the tine alignment on mine to make it write smoothly. Didn't take much, a very minor adjustment to make it a great writer.

You could try yourself, it's not hard, and there are many guides referenced here, just do a quick search. You will need a good loupe or magnifying glass though, 10-20x.

I've tried aligning the tines in the past, but can't quite get it right [it doesn't quite "stay"]. Beyond that, I feel like there's a burr that's also catching onto the paper, contributing to the toothiness. Plus, I do kinda want it to write finer than it has in the past [it's been awhile since I've filled it, so I'll have to reevaluate that].

I've tried aligning the tines in the past, but can't quite get it right [it doesn't quite "stay"]. Beyond that, I feel like there's a burr that's also catching onto the paper, contributing to the toothiness. Plus, I do kinda want it to write finer than it has in the past [it's been awhile since I've filled it, so I'll have to reevaluate that].

I've accidentally jostled my M90 once, and had Richard Binder do a little magic on it. Now, I can't even tell.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

I've accidentally jostled my M90 once, and had Richard Binder do a little magic on it. Now, I can't even tell.

I read somewhere on the boards recently that he stopped taking "mail-order tune ups," and unfortunately, I dont have much flexibility to go to any pen shows. :unsure:

Oh well, I won't have much time in the near future to ponder this, so I guess I'll just wait and see.

9000 means nothing, especially if these pens are still available to those who look. But I wanted to start a M90 fan club, for everyone who thinks that it's the bee's knees. Poor bees... dying off. Anyways, the only prerequisites are that you leave a post here.

That's it! Lets see how many we can roll in, of the 9000 of us that might be out there.

I purchased the Pilot M90 with medium nib at "Century Pens' in Chicago. Price $140, plus 20% discount. Cool little pen. I'm hoping Pilot come out with some new version the future.

I fell in love with the M90 as soon as I saw one, and I still love mine. It is beautiful and writes wonderfully. It remains one of my favorites.

I just inked my M90 after a long hiatus, and I remembered immediately why I loved this pen so much. It's a very reliable writer--it always starts right up--and is the perfect little pocket pen.