Pilot M90 Fan Club~!

professionaldilettante

"...Pilot fine nib is known to be scratchy"?

Not in my experience. I have six Pilot pens with fine nibs. A MYU701, a MuRex, an M90, a Custom 74, a Prera and a V-pen. Only the last could be called scratchy, and it came from the stationery cupboard at work.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• furple

• professionaldilettante

• maus930

• Yuki Onitsura

Well, it's official. A brand new Pilot M90 with medium nib has sold on eBay for $499.00! I was so curious to see whether it would actually sell at that price, and now I know.

<transfers M90 to safe deposit box>

A proud member of the

fpn_1302698674__lillogo.gif Steel City Nibs

Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club!

--Look for us in the Clubs, Meetings and Events forum--

Well, it's official. A brand new Pilot M90 with medium nib has sold on eBay for $499.00! I was so curious to see whether it would actually sell at that price, and now I know.

*hires armored truck to move stash of M90's*

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

*hires armored truck to move stash of M90's*

I was watching that item as well! But couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger... $500 >.<

I ended up buying an MYU701 from Russ - anxiously awaiting it now!

Yowza, I never expected this pen to be in such high demand. I got mine in one of the early pre-orders, and I think it was less than $150. I bought it as a user, thinking it was comparable to a clean MYU. To me, the "limited" run of 9000 didn't seem that limited. Shows what I know, but I sure am glad I pulled the trigger back then.

Edited by hunter186

I was watching that item as well! But couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger... $500 >.<

I ended up buying an MYU701 from Russ - anxiously awaiting it now!

I did the same thing. My MYU701 just arrived today. You'd think the seller would know enough to empty a pen before shipping it from Japan, though! What a mess! Still, once it's done soaking, I'm sure it will write nicely enough so I'll not be tempted to ink my only M90.

A proud member of the

I love the lines of these pens, I'm gonna get one someday, high on my list.

post-52942-0-86351000-1299001527.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Don't hesitate, as you never know when you'll see one up again. However, I do see some NOS come up once in a while, at least one in the last month here on FPN if I remember correctly.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

In fact, tokyo_russ has on up for bid on eBay here: Pilot M90 auction .

It's at $190 right now with five days left to go. Could get pricey, but you never know...

A proud member of the

I totally agree that M90 and MYU701 are some of the nicest pens to look at.

When I was 1st introduced to FPN, the MYU 701 caught my eye.

When the M90 came out I brought one for about 150.00.

It didn't take long to realize that this pen was gonna be a hot item.

So I brought a 2nd one just in case something bad happened to the 1st one.

Well I caught the fever bad...I now own 2 M90's, 3 MYU701's and 2 MYU701 Black Stripe

Pilots with the matching Mechanical Pencils.

I can only say once the fever catches you....Your hooked.

Now if only I can get my Grail Pen... The White Stripe MYU701..

Current Pilot Stainless Steel Collection:

Pilot MU90 x2

Pilot MYU 701 x3

Pilot MYU 701 Black Stripe w/ matching Mechanical Pencil x2

Pilot 1977 Long Murex w/ Black Trim w/ matching Mechanical Pencil x2

Pilot 1978 Long Murex w/ Red Trim w/ matching Mechanical Pencil

Another bidding war on eBay on a medium nib M90. $305.00 (+ $15.00 shipping), and three hours to go. I'd actually considered it up to about $210.00.

Can't wait to see how high this one goes. Should reflect true market value better than the BINs.

A proud member of the

Can't wait to see how high this one goes. Should reflect true market value better than the BINs.

Went for $385 + shipping. Right around the price the M90 F I got from Tokyo Russ several months ago. It is becoming hard to find these at all, let alone new.

Went for $385 + shipping. Right around the price the M90 F I got from Tokyo Russ several months ago. It is becoming hard to find these at all, let alone new.

Yeah, anywhere from four to five hundred is beginning to look normal. Wish I'd bought 2 when I got mine!

A proud member of the

Yeah, anywhere from four to five hundred is beginning to look normal. Wish I'd bought 2 when I got mine!

Wow. Glad I did get two...regretting not having gotten a third one, though, as well as that they do notcome with cap jewels in colors other than blue ;)

I also have a F & it is the smoothest writer of all my pens including larger nibs.

Maybe it's due to the fact I only fill it with Iroshizuku ink (currently Kon-Peki blue)

“Let not the right side of your brain know what the left side doeth.”

George Bernard Shaw

All right, I've made a decision.

Since it's becoming increasingly obvious that any M90's remaining in the wild will only be getting more expensive, I've decided against trying to procure a second one.

Instead, I'm going to start saving my pennies now. Y'see, if Pilot came up with something this desirable for their 90th Anniversary, what sort of masterpiece will they produce for their 100th?!

Seven years and counting... :puddle:

A proud member of the

• 2 weeks later...

*gasp*

Here's another M90 on eBay! Fine nib this time, which makes it identical to mine. $360.00 USD to start with 4 days left to go.

Once again I will watch this just to see how high it goes.

Edited by furple

A proud member of the

Still two days to go and the Pilot M90 on eBay has climbed up to $425.00 USD.

I truly mean no disrespect or insulting but why are you so consumed by the prices of the M90 and the MYU701? I'm really just curious... blush.gif

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

I truly mean no disrespect or insulting but why are you so consumed by the prices of the M90 and the MYU701? I'm really just curious... blush.gif

Rick

Most probably because it's the first time I ever had the good sense to buy something that I was sure would increase in value, and to have that premonition confirmed so often. Sort of patting myself on the back...

... then slapping myself in the face for only having bought one! :bonk:

(Plus, I like to bump the M90 Fan Club thread up the list from time to time.)

Edited by furple

A proud member of the