Pilot M90 Fan Club~!

professionaldilettante

My M90 has been sitting inked and half-forgotten for over a month now (yes, I am a bad pen person). I picked it up last night to jot a short note and it started as soon as the nib touched paper! This little pen finds a way to impress me every time I use it. Now I'm interested in the vintage versions (especially the black stripe, which is gorgeous).

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• furple

• professionaldilettante

• maus930

• Yuki Onitsura

What's the going rate for a new one of these? I have been in love with the disgn for a long time, and I have beensearching high and low.

That's going to prove an increasingly interesting question over time, IMO. Between the design, the nostalgic connection to the MYU of the 70's and the limited edition appeal, outrageous prices could quickly become the norm. You can probably tell I was shocked to see one for $500 dollars already (after having seen one actually sell for $400).

But after reading Tortoise's post (above), it seems there are still a few being offered for reasonable prices, so persistent web surfers may find decent deals for some time to come. I'm just glad I managed to win a used MYU 701 and so can be happier about keeping my M90 uninked for a while yet. One day it might contribute to my retirement fund!

Edited by furple

A proud member of the

fpn_1302698674__lillogo.gif Steel City Nibs

Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club!

--Look for us in the Clubs, Meetings and Events forum--

I absolutely love my M90 Medium nib but I am extremely hesitant to use it now considering how scarce it has become. Nice to use at home but never at work

Danitrio Densho Black Urushi, Pilot M90, Pilot Bamboo (Black). Parker 51, Lamy Dialog 2, MB Le Grande BP

Desperately chasing a MB Starwalker BP...

COUNT ME IN! :-)

I just received my M90 Fine Nib last week. Takes a bit of getting used to as I am more a large pen user. But I wanted a fine nib and managed to locate one for me to use as a traveling pen.

Its a tad scratchy but I am hoping it will improve over time. Filled it with Yama Budo. Its the best looking ink for the pen after trying out almost all of my inks. I think the nib writes dry and needs a wet deep ink.

It is so new the pen has not even made its way to your signature yet. Congratulations, I am jealous of everyone in this thread.

You mean like this? :roflmho:

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

What's the going rate for a new one of these? I have been in love with the disgn for a long time, and I have beensearching high and low.

That's going to prove an increasingly interesting question over time, IMO. Between the design, the nostalgic connection to the MYU of the 70's and the limited edition appeal, outrageous prices could quickly become the norm. You can probably tell I was shocked to see one for $500 dollars already (after having seen one actually sell for $400).

But after reading Tortoise's post (above), it seems there are still a few being offered for reasonable prices, so persistent web surfers may find decent deals for some time to come. I'm just glad I managed to win a used MYU 701 and so can be happier about keeping my M90 uninked for a while yet. One day it might contribute to my retirement fund!

Wow... buyers for $500? I wonder if it will go up any more? I ended up settling on 4 of them, with 2 for use, and 2 for saving, but I ended landing them for about $140 each about a year and a half ago.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

Wow... buyers for $500? I wonder if it will go up any more? I ended up settling on 4 of them, with 2 for use, and 2 for saving, but I ended landing them for about $140 each about a year and a half ago.

Very jealous. These are becoming harder to find. You alone have 0.05% of the total stock! :) I have one M90 Fine as well as a NOS Myu 701 Fine. Love and use both daily. Looking to get my hands on more of both. I keep looking, but always seem to miss out on more M90s!

Both pens have held up very well.

About a year ago I wanted an M90 but was put off by the price - found the Hero 850 sold by our own (FPN member) Hari317 and have been very pleased.

Well this Christmas my daughter bought me the real thing--M90, medium nib--so I'm now an official member of the M90 Fan Club.

Edited by mrloco

There never was a body that give the undertaker a tip.

There was a white stripe MYU on eBay a little while ago. I think it went for something around $1.5k

Edited by Siv

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

There was a white stripe MYU on eBay a little while ago. I think it went for something around $1.5k

It's been two years I search ebay every day for this pen. I have saved a "search" in many ways. Unfortunately I haven't seen one. I only have a picture of a White Stripe MYU. Russel who lives in Japan, has never found a single one. In case there will be one, I think it will go more than the amount you said.

Still missing the "White Stripe" MYU and black brother MYU with transparent section!

(Has somebody a "Murex" with a working clock?

(Thanks to Steve I found the "Black Stripe Capless" and the "White Stripe Capless")

It's been two years I search ebay every day for this pen. I have saved a "search" in many ways. Unfortunately I haven't seen one. I only have a picture of a White Stripe MYU. Russel who lives in Japan, has never found a single one. In case there will be one, I think it will go more than the amount you said.

You were unlucky then! Here's the thread that Stan started on 10th February 2010 highlighting the sale. There is actually some very good info in there so the whole thread is worth a read. 14th February is a post with $1,391 plus $25 shipping as what I assume is the selling price.

There is at least one person on FPN that has a white stripe. Here are some pics.

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

4? 4?!! No wonder the price his so high! You've got them all!! :roflmho:

I paid $150 a year and a half ago, and no way could I have afforded 4. I'll probably always regret not getting 2, though. Oh, the clarity of hindsight...

A proud member of the

You were unlucky then! Here's the thread that Stan started on 10th February 2010 highlighting the sale. There is actually some very good info in there so the whole thread is worth a read. 14th February is a post with $1,391 plus $25 shipping as what I assume is the selling price.

There is at least one person on FPN that has a white stripe. Here are some pics.

I went to the thread that was posted here. It was posted by UJUKU a reliable ebay seller (but very expensive) and collector. The item does not exist in ebay. Probably the seller or the item was a problem and never finished. This happens when there are some fakes..... Probably the seller had only the photo and not the item....

Still missing the "White Stripe" MYU and black brother MYU with transparent section!

(Has somebody a "Murex" with a working clock?

(Thanks to Steve I found the "Black Stripe Capless" and the "White Stripe Capless")

I went to the thread that was posted here. It was posted by UJUKU a reliable ebay seller (but very expensive) and collector. The item does not exist in ebay. Probably the seller or the item was a problem and never finished. This happens when there are some fakes..... Probably the seller had only the photo and not the item....

Feel free not to believe me but the ebay seller is wood-bin and you can see his feedback here with the feedback of a very happy new owner.

Positive feedback rating •-:¦:-•Thorough, professional shipping. Perfect item. Thanks! A+•-:¦:-• Member id gkline5 (private) Mar-09-10 09:47

Pilot Murex WHITE Stripe FP (#150412369451) US $1,391.00

My understanding is the the seller (Martin) had three such pens - you can see this in Dan Carmell's post.

Finally, this has nothing to do with Yamada-san who runs the Ujuku store.

Got a medium here (a fine by western standards...). I like the pen, find it very elegant, but I don't use it often because I don't like to post pens. Bought it new, maybe one or two years ago, at the time shops were running out of it.

A friend of mine has a fine. We bought them at the same time, and I think it's his favourite pen.

There's a grand total of ONE available on the bay right now for $499...

:bunny01:

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

There's a grand total of ONE available on the bay right now for $499...

:bunny01:

Yeah, and it's sat there a few days now. Wondering if that seller hasn't set the price a tad too high. Saw one sell for $399.00 just before this one was offered. I'll be interested to see what happens at $499.00.

A proud member of the

One more member here in France.

Recieved it a few month ago.

M90 M nib.... Gorgeous.....

Edited by Nico1618

Nosce Te Ipsum

Sheaffer Targa V4 / TWSBI diamond / Lamy Dialog 3 / Namiki M90 / Lamy cp 1

I bought an M90 in fine as soon as they were released. It's a gorgeous pen, but the nib has never been quite right. Flow is a little stingy and it's a little scratchy on horizontal strokes. I've got a few pens getting fixed/adjusted currently, but as soon as they're back, the M90 goes out for adjustment. It's too pretty to not use it.

the other thing is Pilot fine nib is known to be scratchy, I doubt if it will improve over time. The best nib is Omas. Unfortunately, if you go for a Pilot medium, it jumps to European medium. What pilot needs is a FM nib..somewhat in between...

Maybe like this? :bunny01:

DSCF5610.JPG

The original MYU701 came in F-FM-M, no B

And I disagree with a blanket statement that "...Pilot fine nib is known to be scratchy"..............I have had Pilot Fines that are smooth......and this comes from one who prefers a B/stub/cursive italic.....so much so that I had my M90 ground to a cursive italic> sweet nib.

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog