Pilot M90 Fan Club~!

professionaldilettante

I am in. I received an F in October and it has consistently grown on me. I now have Sailor Jentle Blue Black and it is a dream.

Brian

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• furple

• professionaldilettante

• maus930

• Yuki Onitsura

Paid for mine earlier today... managed to scrounge a M nibbed sample.

I'm already tempted to have it stubbed or C/Italic'd...

I may need a 2nd one just to be safe... we'll see how that goes when my first one arrives.:thumbup:

Oh, and Tinychickenman (Professionaldilettante)... I am so blaming this pen on you when it arrives... your signature photo drove me over the edge.

No can edit... so here it is:

Just got my M nibbed version... it is somewhat stubbish already and lays down what I would consider a "Western" M line. Much much broader than I had expected from a Japanese pen. I'm thrilled with it thus far.

If it were 10 grams heavier in weight, it would probably be an instant favorite in my collection... it's working that way now. It may be the smallest/lightest/skinniest nib to make a spot in the "permanently inked" rotation. Another few weeks will see how it pans out.

Paid for mine earlier today... managed to scrounge a M nibbed sample.

I'm already tempted to have it stubbed or C/Italic'd...

I may need a 2nd one just to be safe... we'll see how that goes when my first one arrives.:thumbup:

Oh, and Tinychickenman (Professionaldilettante)... I am so blaming this pen on you when it arrives... your signature photo drove me over the edge.

No can edit... so here it is:

Just got my M nibbed version... it is somewhat stubbish already and lays down what I would consider a "Western" M line. Much much broader than I had expected from a Japanese pen. I'm thrilled with it thus far.

If it were 10 grams heavier in weight, it would probably be an instant favorite in my collection... it's working that way now. It may be the smallest/lightest/skinniest nib to make a spot in the "permanently inked" rotation. Another few weeks will see how it pans out.

Lol... I love that. Maybe I should change my moniker to tinychickenman....lol. I'm glad you've found one! I've noticed you've been searching for one, and that got me searching for another one... ans so the cycle continutes.... but they are truly nice pens, I hope you're enjoying it very much~

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

• 4 weeks later...

Woo, I too now have a M90!!! Im not sure what I want to keep as I also have a MYU 701. The original is slimmer and has a slightly longer cap, but the cap falls off the pen easily. The M90 is more chunky but the plastic inners of the cap means that it also wobbles around when fixed to the end of the pen. This annoys me so much that I usually write without the cap!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/william-m/Pens/mak021-1.jpghttp://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/william-m/Pens/mak026-1.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/william-m/Pens/mak024-1.jpg

I have all the Pilot catalogues, ask me if you need help.

Looking to swap my Noodlers Britannia's Blue Waves

Wow, in neither case should the cap be doing that! I've handled a number of 701s and I've not experienced the cap sliding off. As for the M90, neither of the two I own have that problem. You may want to get someone to look at each of those pens!

Dan

M here... very happy with mine!

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

I got my M90 (fine nib) a few weeks ago and finally inked it last week with Waterman Purple. A dream writer, this pen is. I'm gathering courage to put Noodler's Concord Grape into the pen... :unsure:

I got my M90 (fine nib) a few weeks ago and finally inked it last week with Waterman Purple. A dream writer, this pen is. I'm gathering courage to put Noodler's Concord Grape into the pen... :unsure:

I've done it. Not a problem, it takes it straight. No creamer, no sugar, just straight.

Blaise Pascal

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

I have two M90s, one with medium nib and one with a fine nib. Just because....

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png When one is too old for love, one finds great comfort in good dinners. Zora Neale Hurston

I just finally got one Monday of this week. All my others pens were uninked tonight, it's since turned into my most favorite pen. It's a fine nib and it may be the best writing pen I own currently! Seriously, I'm amazed I waited this long! I'm in the market for one more actually just to have in backup.

-Tom

My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

Another M90 fan here. Got mine, M nib, from Russell Stutler a few days ago for 130 Euros (incl. shipping & convertor). Too bad the Euro is weak or I could've saved some money. Inked it with Herbin Perle Noire and ....fell in LOVE! :wub: :wub:

i have 2 M90, one is F nib, the other in M nib. The M nib is still NIB and uninked and that's only because the F nib is so perfect that i see no reason to switch over to the M nib. Best nib in my collection now. i plan to get my future Edison pen's nib to be customized so that it's the same as my M90 F nib.

Please check out my blogshop for fountain pens and inks at http://inkoholicanonymous.blogspot.com/ Reviews of my pens can be found there too!

F-nib M90 here. Very impressive pen - writes beautifully (if a little dry) and feels like it could survive a nuclear holocaust...

Too many pens; too little writing.

I am very curious about this pen but dont see it advertized very much.

Whats a good used price I should expect to pay for this pen in A to A+ condition?

What's a good price I should expect to pay for a new unit?

Where might be the best source (for new) in the US?

Thanks!

I am very curious about this pen but dont see it advertized very much.

Whats a good used price I should expect to pay for this pen in A to A+ condition?

What's a good price I should expect to pay for a new unit?

Where might be the best source (for new) in the US?

Thanks!

It's not advertised too much because it's no longer produced. The Pilot Pen Company made only 9000 of the M90s in 2008-09. I do not believe you can find these pens in any stores these days, so you can try e-bay or someone on FPN who wants to sell it. You can also check out www.aestheticbay.com. I bought it last week on e-bay from seller named 'tokyo_russ'. I'm new to FPN but I think he is also a FPNer (no affiliation blah..blah). These days a 'good price' for a new pen would be around US$ 140-170, IMHO.

Hope this helps.

I so want one, but they're so expensive, and have certain issues when it comes

to practicality and usability. I wonder if it is a good idea for me to hunt one.

I so want one, but they're so expensive, and have certain issues when it comes

to practicality and usability. I wonder if it is a good idea for me to hunt one.

They are very practical. I've taken mine around campus for almost a whole semester, it's never failed me. Two now, actually, different inks in each one. Expensive is relative. If you look hard, you might just find one for 150 or so, but I am not surprised that it's shot up to the 200's. If I wasn't scooping out woodchips, scraping the bottom of my financial barrel, I'd still get one at around 200. Sturdy and sleek, there's nothing more you could ask for in this pen.

Blaise Pascal

Two M90 here--F and M nibs. Nice smooth nibs.

I do think this pen, outside Japan, is expensive. In Tokyo, you can find it for USD100.

Cheers,

Iosepus

Bruno Taut - Crónicas Estilográficas (https://estilofilos.blogspot.com)

The contents and pictures of this post belong to the author, here identified as Bruno Taut.

Two M90 here--F and M nibs. Nice smooth nibs.

I do think this pen, outside Japan, is expensive. In Tokyo, you can find it for USD100.

Cheers,

Iosepus

REALLY?!!! For certain? I've got a friend going to Tokyo this summer! Maybe she could feed the habit if they're only 100 a pop.

Blaise Pascal

Hmm, well thats not good news! I doubt I can get a refund as both pens have been inked, but I am more concerned with the M90.

Thanks Dan, I will look into this.

William

I have all the Pilot catalogues, ask me if you need help.

Looking to swap my Noodlers Britannia's Blue Waves