Professional Gear Realo

rokurinpapa

I have found the information about Sailor Professional Gear Realo.

They will be launched in May.

list price: 30000yen

color: Black, Maroon

nib size: F,M,B

rokurinpapa

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TechWriter

• michael_s

• rokurinpapa

• Physalis

That's fantastic news! A piston filling Professional Gear would be a welcome addition. Now if only it came in silver trim rather than gold...

Visconti: Aida 0/1871, Amigdala, Black Ripple 4/199, Black Storm 8/88, Blue Ripple 870/999, Blue Symphony 88/208, Carbon Dream 4/993, Chatterley Ripple^3 4/25, Custom Ripple 4/4, D'Essai, Gulliver, Homo Sapien, Metropolis 64/288, Millennium Arc 2/1000, Opera Aqua, Opera Demo 547/888, Opera Nordic^2, Opera Water^2, Pericle^2, Ponte Vecchio^2, Ragtime, Ragtime 1174/1988, Replica, VG Custom^8, VG Demo^2, VG Green^2, VG Red, VG Vanilla^3, Versailles 317/365, Viscontina 39/188, Voyager^2

Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

:::::happy dance::::::

:bunny01:

OK, one more for the wish list...

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

what, no silver/chrome trim ?!? but very cool nevertheless.

Power to the peaceful (Michael Franti)

Pouch Partners:

Pilot VP Kasuri (m) & Sailor Red Brown

Pelikan M415 (B) & Pelikan Black Brown mix

Anyone know the US price? Hopefully Sailor adds to the ink capacity... :puddle:

A Proud 14 Year Old Fountain Pen User!

What I want:[/color]

Aurora Talentum

Pilot Custom 823 Amber Bought on 4.1.10

Lamy 2000

Omas Paragon

Sailor Realo

wow thats fabulous! cant wait till the sapporo size comes out as a pistonfiller too.

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

Link says mid-March, not May. So 2 fewer months to wait :P

Thanks for the info,

-Mike

Edited by michael_s

Link says mid-March, not May. So 2 fewer months to wait tongue.gif

Thanks for the info,

-Mike

Thank you for your indication. I am sorry I have spelled wrong. March is right.

rokurinpapa

I've never owned a piston filler, screw cap or a sailor, but I was figuring I'd kill 3 birds with one stone by buying a 2009 Realo. But now I saw this topic, and I'd like to ask. What do you think the differences would be between a PG Realo and a 2009 Realo? Is there any special going on for them, like the first batches will have limited edition ink? How are they capped...

I can't really decide though, one of these or a Pelikan MXXXX....

Hi,

The 30,000 yen ($332.316)list price is relatively close to the $310 for the 1911 Profit Realo when it first appeared.

Any additional information on the nib?

Thanks,

Andy

I look forward to it, I always loved the look of the ProGear over the 1911 which looks too much like many pens out there.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Awesome. But, where is my demo?! The pictures indicate that this pen will have a two tone nib I hope it stays that way when they're produced.

Minority view: I love my Sailors, especially my Pro Gear, and I'd LOVE to have them with real pistons. However, I'd not be happy with the window showing when the cap is on the pen, destroys the look in my view. As it is, when I want to know how much ink remains in my Sailors (3) I unscrew the section and visually check the cartridge or the converter - usually cart because I use almost exclusively Sailor inks in these.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Any additional information on the nib?

According to the site: 21金バイカラー仕上げ(大型ペン先)

i.e. 21 K two-tone finish (large nib) :bunny01:

Minority view: I love my Sailors, especially my Pro Gear, and I'd LOVE to have them with real pistons. However, I'd not be happy with the window showing when the cap is on the pen, destroys the look in my view. As it is, when I want to know how much ink remains in my Sailors (3) I unscrew the section and visually check the cartridge or the converter - usually cart because I use almost exclusively Sailor inks in these.

That's what I like about these posts--so many different things to notice, like, dislike, wonder about! I'm with Joe on many of these points, but I happen to really like the unusual feature of a window that shows without unscrewing the cap. :thumbup:

The thing is: I really like the shape, form design of the PG, the balance is as perfect as I have seen it anywhere, capped or uncapped, but... it is so small!

I haver to use it capped (not my preference), and still.

If Sailor could only make it 1911 size, but with all the perfect balance intact, that is the Realo I'd buy in a heartbeat!

Latest additions: Aurora Dante Inferno (B), Graf Von Faber Castell Classic Wood Ebony (OM), La Couronne Du Comte Willem van Oranje (M), Montblanc Writers Edition Cervantes (M), Aurora Optima Cento Riflessi Limited Edition (B)