Board upgrade and fixes

Admin

He will probably slap my hand for doing this, but...

You can give a big thanks :clap1: to our chief IT wizard, Wimg (Wim). He was the mastermind behind this whole upgrade. :notworthy1:

Thank you, Wim!! :thumbup:

Cheers,

~MYU

Thnk you Wim! No database error messages since the upgrade. Great job!

Rita

Rita, you must me living right...

I'm getting database error messages left and right....drivin' me nutz!!!

:crybaby:

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• ArchiMark

• RitaCarbon

• ceejaybee

He will probably slap my hand for doing this, but...

You can give a big thanks :clap1: to our chief IT wizard, Wimg (Wim). He was the mastermind behind this whole upgrade. :notworthy1:

Thank you, Wim!! :thumbup:

Cheers,

~MYU

Thnk you Wim! No database error messages since the upgrade. Great job!

Rita

Does it depend on location or something? I still don't get any database error, and it seems to work faster. It might be pure luck. I have to use it when it comes. I am flying to Las Vegas tomorrow! No kidding...

I did too earlier this morning. Finally gave up. Came back a couple hours later, and have had no problems since. (Insert non-existent fingers crossed icon here)

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

I just got `em too. Didn't matter what I was looking at;every time I would go forwards or

backwards. Also tried to click onto the website earlier and got it then.............

John

I did some database maintenance around that time, tried to do it in small steps so as to not have to close down the forums; I guess the small steps didn't help ... sorry...

I got a database error that closed me out of the entire site while I was on less than an hour ago. I was looking at a post and tried to go back to the homepage and zap! After that nothing until now. But hey, I'm back on! thumbup.gif

That was caused by a fix for a funny error in the database caused by a bug in the software, with which the Invision guys helped us. It had to be done there and then, unfortunately resulting in the skins having to be recached. Recaching the skins takes some time, creating a connection loss for several minutes.

The fix has worked, though biggrin.gif.

Sometimes these things happen, or have to be done...

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Because you're lucky :D.

I may have found a probable cause for al the DEs, but I have no time to look at it right now; it requires a lot of research I am afraid.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thanks, but I just got 2 of those Database Error message pages in a row now....

Using Firefox on OSX 10.6.2....

:blink:

And I just got one a minute ago, using Windows XP Home SP3 and SeaMonkey 2.0.2 (effectively Firefox with built-in e-mail).

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

"View New Content" hasn't worked for me for the last 10 hours or so.... I just get the Driver Error - "There appears to be an error with the database".

ETA: I know this is supposed to be intermittant still.... but this has been every single time I've tried it, including when I've tried to refresh. Just metioning it in case it's not only me. :)

Edited by Rae

"View New Content" hasn't worked for me for the last 10 hours or so.... I just get the Driver Error - "There appears to be an error with the database".

ETA: I know this is supposed to be intermittant still.... but this has been every single time I've tried it, including when I've tried to refresh. Just metioning it in case it's not only me. :)

Same thing here, Rae!!

:blink:

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

ETA: I know this is supposed to be intermittant still.... but this has been every single time I've tried it, including when I've tried to refresh. Just metioning it in case it's not only me. smile.gif

ETA: I know this is supposed to be intermittant still.... but this has been every single time I've tried it, including when I've tried to refresh. Just metioning it in case it's not only me. smile.gif

Same thing here, Rae!!

blink.gif

Could you please be so kind to report those occurrences in Community Feedback? I'll start a thread on this, and pin it.

Please report any occurrences with a simple, short line, in the following format:

DE 2010/01/22 20:17:33

Essentiallt, DE for Driver Error, followed by date and time in standardized format.

That would help us tremendously in tracing the areas where these problems originate, especially as it does look now that time is indeed an important factor in all this.

TIA, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Not sure if it's only me with this problem (haven't seen any other postings) but during the last 48 hrs each time I view a posting with image attachments in the original post, I get what seems to be a random bunch (always the same 9 photos) of photos attached that don't appear to have any connection to the original posting, it seems to be a 'reply' but isn't attributable to anyone? Can anyone give me a clue why this is happening, Thanks in advance :thumbup:

ceejaybee, have you tried clicking on the button at the bottom of the page called "Delete My Cookies"?

ceejaybee, have you tried clicking on the button at the bottom of the page called "Delete My Cookies"?

Yes, I tried that, logged back in and still the same, it's only happening with the posts that have attached images, the rogue photos are resized high res images and take quite a while to download, it's driving me potty :gaah:

Yes, I tried that, logged back in and still the same, it's only happening with the posts that have attached images, the rogue photos are resized high res images and take quite a while to download, it's driving me potty

Ok, try the following:

Log out from FPN completely (log out, but do not close the browser, yet).

Clean cache, cookies, temp files, etc.

Close the browser.

Start the browser up again.

Browse to FPN, and log in.

Check if the problems persist.

If they do, please copy the url for the message where it happens, and copy that to a message reporting this, preferably in Community Feedback, so that we can try to check what and where things are happening.

TIA!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Ok, try the following:

Log out from FPN completely (log out, but do not close the browser, yet).

Clean cache, cookies, temp files, etc.

Close the browser.

Start the browser up again.

Browse to FPN, and log in.

Check if the problems persist.

If they do, please copy the url for the message where it happens, and copy that to a message reporting this, preferably in Community Feedback, so that we can try to check what and where things are happening.

TIA!

Warm regards, Wim

Hi Wim, I've done as you suggested and the photos are gone, Thank you! Only thing is when I open a post instead of the replys being listed at the bottom of the page now all replys are open, did I do something wrong?

Best Regards, Carol

Hi Carol,

Hi Wim, I've done as you suggested and the photos are gone, Thank you! Only thing is when I open a post instead of the replys being listed at the bottom of the page now all replys are open, did I do something wrong?

Best Regards, Carol

That's the forum layout you have selected, I think, provided I understand correctly what you are saying.

Click on My Settings, towards the top of the board, right half, then click the forums tab on the next screen, left top, and if you look towards the bottom left of the page you'll see Topic Display Mode. Just select the one you want.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman