Namiki Emperor Urushi Red

rubyeyespenlover

Sometimes, in the life of men wonderful things happens.

And it's remembering one of these events that I start to write this review hoping I will be able to give to you all the emotions I had that night!

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae53/thevampireslave/Emperor%20Urushi%20red/emperorflowers1.jpg

The first reaction when I opened the wooden box was :" Wow, this is an amazing pen...

What a colour, what an urushi laquer, what a zen perfection.....

This is the best looking pen I ever seen."

Than I took the pen in my hands and thought about the Montblanc 149.

The german pen looks like a baby now!

The Nakaya portable shu also looks like smaller than she is!

The Namiki is really enormous.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae53/thevampireslave/Emperor%20Urushi%20red/emperorandtrio2.jpg

The urushi laquer layers are absolutely perfect in every deatail.

There are not rings of any kind on the cap or on the barrel. No one!

There is a smart gold clip with a little ball at one side.

Another shock :

Open the cap and here you are : THE NIB!

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae53/thevampireslave/Emperor%20Urushi%20red/3nibs.jpg

This is so enormous ... so perfect ... so gold !

There is engraved :

18 karat gold

"Namiki"

-B-

registered

patent office

-50-

and you can read all without problems!!!

Another astonishing thing appears when a look under the nib :

yikes.gif

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae53/thevampireslave/Emperor%20Urushi%20red/emperorsottopennino.jpg

the feeder is urushi red. Really ... breathless!!!

I never seen a feeder like that!

Ahhhhhhahahhaah..... I think it's one of the best thing in this pen! Call me mad!!!

yikes.gif

As you know the pen is an eyedropper and could contain a lot of ink! Really a lot!!!

If you want to start using the pen after loading a big amount of your best private reserve ink you must open .... the tail!

Yes this pen also has a tail!

But where is it?

The deisgn and the laquer is so perfect that you cannot see at all the cut line of the tail!

Not a joke, take a look to the pictures and let me know......

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae53/thevampireslave/Emperor%20Urushi%20red/emperor5.jpg

Also if somebody could judge immoral to put the cap on the tail of that piece of art (I am one of these guys... please don't do it!!!) I must say that : INSIDE THERE IS A BLACK VELVET INSERT that allow you to put the cap without trouble of any kind : no scratches at all!!!

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae53/thevampireslave/capemperor3caps4.jpg

Wow!

I really love my Namiki especially for the incredible perfection and for the quality without any appreciable problem!

The total packaging of this pen is absolutely perfect.

I think only Nakaya guys could try to go near the perfection of this stunning Fountain Pen!

Thank you for your attention.

Alfio

In the next edit I will put the pics.........

Edited by rubyeyespenlover

post-24335-1241092646.jpg

69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted

http://www.pennamagazine.com

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rubyeyespenlover

• MYU

• casaross

• Toolattack

"The deisgn and the laquer is so perfect that you cannot see at all the cut line of the tail!

Not a joke, take a look to the pictures and let me know......"

I see it! I see it!

I'm a little hot potato right meow

"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"

I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

Wow! That red feeder is really something extra! Thanks for a great review & pics! It is quite rare to see the MB 149 looking like a dwarf in comparison...

Edited by dandelion

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Thanks Danny, you are complitely right!

I think one of the best things in life is emotion and this is emotion that I want to give to you all!!!

post-24335-1241092646.jpg

69 th D a n i t r i o F e l l o w s h i p p e r - Montblanc WE Lover - NAMIKI addicted

http://www.pennamagazine.com

I can't believe how huge it is! I started laughing when I saw it resting on two pen holders, and dwarfing even a MB149. Awesome pen indeed, thanks for the review.

Edited by Physalis

Interesting how the Emperor has the same shade of red urushi as the Nakaya. I wonder if they use the same tint blends in the lacquer creation process? Beautiful big pen. Congratulations on this fine acquisition, Alfio. :thumbup:

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Thank you for a wonderful review..........I have the exact same pen, thanks to a very special friend who gifted it to me........that nib!!! The ED!!!! The writing ability is amazing! Mine is filled with Diamine Marine and is just perfect in every way! As you said, you have to look very closely to find the ink release end.

I LOVE mine! :cloud9: :wub: :cloud9:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Yikes... I didn't realize it until I looked around a little. MSRP is $1500?? I'd probably opt for a Nakaya instead. Although, if money wasn't an object, I'd probably get the Namiki. It is such an impressive looking pen. :)

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

It is an amazing looking pen but I gotta ask........ what's it like writing with a baseball bat?

"I dip my pen in the blackest ink, for I am not afraid of falling in my ink-pot." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great review...once you start writing with this pen you will find a 'regular' pen so 'irregular'.

A Fine Pen, a fine watch and new shoes to "boot"...ahhhh