• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cmeisenzahl

• ethernautrix

• alkman

• dandelion

Oo, nice ploy to lure Deirdre back!

I'm not knowledgeable about Stipula's history and don't pay much attention to their lines, but I LOVE my Stipula Vedo. This piston-filler has a wide ink window and a juicy steel nib that makes all my inks write darker. It's some kind of Stipula magic!

I just had to have one having tried DeanKnow's Stipula 22 and one of Deirdre's. Their nibs were gold, and mine is steel, and it is one of my favorite nibs.

I was so impressed that I did something I rarely do: I bought another one just like it. Then a friend at work tried it and bought one, too.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I don't know very much either, but Stipula was founded 1973, but didn't start to make pens until 1982. The pens are made in Florence - just like the Viscontis. Here is a link to the history page on the website. One of their more original lines is their da Vinci with a retractable nib.

Edited by dandelion

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

I'm pretty sure that they manufacture the boutique pens for Pineider in much the same fashion that Yard-O-Led does for Smythson...

They are one of the few manufacturers to offer pens both in celluloid and with factor stub nibs. They offer a full line of pens, from "entry level" through limited editions. Their flagship model is the Etruria, a celluloid pen available as either a cartridge/converter (14k nib) or piston filler (18k gold nib). Their pens have some of the most beautiful and unique celluloid patterns out there, such as their amber and "alter ego," the latter being a type of salmon orange base with veins of reddish "amber." Their better pens all have sterling silver fittings with their trademark "wheat stalk" design.

Those from Stipula are my favourite pens since they are really well crafted and permit you to build a large and stunning collection without spending a fortune.

I have several beauties in ebonite and they are all numbered editions, theis helps to make me proud of my collection :D

There are currently nice sales at www.pens.it for some of them :vbg:

Edited by photosphera

Today in hands:

Stipula Etruria Nuda LE

Vistonti Van Gogh crystal

Stipula Novecento Cromo LE

Stipula Giardino di Boboli LE

Parker 75 Cisele Vermeil

Aurora 88 big

Pelikan M1000

Dollar clear barrel

Sailor 1911 ProGear demo

Molteni Cilicia LE

Bexley Stradivari LE

I was so impressed that I did something I rarely do: I bought another one just like it. Then a friend at work tried it and bought one, too.

To be honest I've thought of buying another black Vedo because I like mine so much.

Based on what I just said above, I am a huge Stipula fan. I have two Vedos, two gold nib Ventidues, and a Model T. I use all of them regularly and think they are some of the most well made pens on the market. I would recommend a Vedo for someone's first foray into Stipula because of its price and the fact that it is very low maintenance and durable.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

Having had the opportunity to live, work and study in Florence, I have had made a number of return trips. On one trip I phoned Stipula and asked if I could visit and have a look around. They were very accommodating letting me see every aspect of their shop. This past summer at a pen show at Fahrneys, I met the American rep for Stipula who again was very pleasant. So much that she offered and did take back my Stipula Duetto back with her for a tune up and replacement of a missing metal ring. Needless to say I got the pen back and all is fine. Florence is home to two fine companies, Stipula and Visconti. If ever in town I am sure either would welcome a visit.

Hi Chris,

Nice pens, I love my brown Duetto (poor man's Arco), smooth nibs that perform similar to Visconti and I have noticed Stipula as a lower profile in North America since they started doing their own distribution.

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

While my "favorite pen" seems to vary with the moment, my piston-fill Etruria is always there in the mix. I will confess, it took awhile to get some flow problems worked out (the Sahara should be so dry), but now that it's tuned nothing else I have matches my handwriting so well. Oh, and did I mention that it's a simple design, yet drop-dead gorgeous?

BTW - the DaVinci ain't no slouch either.

What's so funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?