Pay it Forward 2009

Col

There's an un-inked Hero 616 here for caller 16... you get to pick Burgundy, Green, or Black...

Aren't those the HERO pens that look like a hooded Parker 51, with an Aerometric filling system?

If so, nice looking pens, someone [caller 16, as you say] is going to be a happy-camper!

Free bump, [i'm not playing, I have what I want already] for what looks to be a sweet pen!

Yup, those are the ones! They are nice writers (haven't had a dud yet)... very similar to how a "51" feels (maybe less weight).

Thanks for the reply.

I've seen a review of them somewhere, that's all I could remember, that they look like a Parker 51 [Flighter, I think it was?].

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aysedasi

• lsmith42

• Kabe

• Anton Emdin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of my inks are gone, and I don't know where my private messages are. I printed out names and addresses for about five or six ink requests; when things settle down (ie: I can access private messages, etc.) I'll post again---I also have some more pens to give.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Most of my inks are gone, and I don't know where my private messages are. I printed out names and addresses for about five or six ink requests; when things settle down (ie: I can access private messages, etc.) I'll post again---I also have some more pens to give.

Hey! I was wondering where my PMs went too - I'm glad it isn't just me. I have a notification email saying you've sent me a PM... but I don't know where it went! :)

To everyone who asked for ink: Luckily I PRINTED the first few requests, and you will get yours soon (including you, Veg!).

However, the rest were lost.

There are no Private Messages now, and I REALLY don't want to be privy to other people's 'private conversations,' which are far from private!

So until this problem is resolved, I can't complete the ink adoptions, nor can I list the pens I have up for adoption. It's a very bad idea to send one's mailing address to a 'private conversation' that apparently anyone on the board may view.

Sorry. I'm sure the prob will be solved eventually and I can get back to adopting out pens and inks.

As far as I can tell I can't see anyone else's "conversations" in the messaging system.

To everyone who asked for ink: Luckily I PRINTED the first few requests, and you will get yours soon (including you, Veg!).

There are no Private Messages now, and I REALLY don't want to be privy to other people's 'private conversations,' which are far from private!

So until this problem is resolved, I can't complete the ink adoptions, nor can I list the pens I have up for adoption. It's a very bad idea to send one's mailing address to a 'private conversation' that apparently anyone on the board may view.

Sorry. I'm sure the prob will be solved eventually and I can get back to adopting out pens and inks.

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

I can---and I don't want to risk any private information being sent this way.

So again, until everything's fixed, I can't fulfill the remaining ink requests.

exactly, i can see other peoples messages in my inbox, or mixed in with my recent messages that iv sent.

I just gave away my only Dollar 717i, this very morning in fact, a Blue Demonstrator, to an Elder in my church who has never before used any fountain pen/s.

Filled it with my 5-ink special blend and included an extra Nalgene bottle filled with ink, made a print out how-to guide for filling/cleaning/general maintenance for him too, named all the components as well.

Great little pens, always wrote for me even after sitting in a briefcase going unused for days on end, the Dollar I'm hoping will bring a new writing experience to someone that's devoted their early years to missionary work.

When you have no Internet access, no computer, no TV, nothing but the ability to write to family and friends, seems to me a fountain pen for a beginner would be greatly appreciated, only wish I had piston-filler at his age.

OK, yeah I know, it's not a pen I'm using today, it was one of my pens I gave away freely to someone that's never had one, so technically they'll be using it today but it feels as if I'll be using it too, just knowing it will be used and appreciated beginning today.

I've been going "give-away" crazy ever since getting one pen that fits me better than any I've ever used before, been giving away all the fountain pens that now feel too light or too short for me.

I've lost PMs with the Board change too, one important one that had someones' name and address in it, someone I was going to ship a brand-new Staples Pocket Jotter to.

They know who they are [i can't even recall the User name now, too much stuff on my plate already] and if they read this please know I've not forgotten you, I'll need your info again once the PM system gets fixed.

It may turn up once the system gets caught up, so be patient, I've not forgotten about shipping it out to you.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

Scylla, I think you'd get some "takers". :)

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

Ok then. I have some hot peppers for adoption. I have some Jalapeno's which are just your average pepper, and then I have the hottest pepper in the world, the Bhut jolokia. Rated at over 1 million scoville units, it takes the Guiness world record. You can find videos on youtube of people trying to eat this monster. In India, they use it to keep elephants out of the gardens. They are so hot they should come with a warning label. If you think you like hot peppers, you haven't tried this one. Just message me your address and I'll get some out, first come, first served, until I'm out.

Kathy

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-animal-020.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Whew! If you consider jalapenos "just your average pepper" then I'm gonna pass on these. I can enjoy sweet or tangy peppers a lot more than I can hot ones. :-)

Edited by Chthulhu

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

I can enjoy a jalapeno, but these are just deadly. They are amazingly hot. They explode in your mouth and take your breath away. And the heat just keeps getting stronger instead of fading, like any decent self respecting hot pepper should. In short, they're too hot for me. So I thought I'd inflict --- I mean offer--- them to the unsuspecting --- I mean friends. :-)

Kathy

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Why thank you! Are you Suuuure you don't want any peppers? (mwhhhaaahahahaha)

Everyone who wanted peppers: I'm in the process of finding boxes that can hold some peppers and yet won't ding me too badly on postage. I should be mailing by the end of the week.

Kathy

I would *LOVE* some Bhut jolokia peppers, but Australian Customs won't allow them in, sadly.

We currently use birdseye peppers in our cooking.... yum!! But we need a few to get any real heat. I am definitely going to look for some Bhut jolokia peppers here in Aus.

Edited by Rae

OK, that's it. We're all done for now. Everyone who asked for peppers, be warned. I take no responsibility for your experiences! I hope you enjoy the sensation. Let me know how you like them. They will be posted on Thursday.

Kathy

...be warned. I take no responsibility for your experiences!...

While I hadn't asked you to ship me any [although I would like to try some, at some point], I was so fascinated by the topic I just had to look them up online.

WIki has pretty much the same information I'd read here, on the page found by clicking here.

Wow, those are said there to be "...in 2004 an Indian company obtained a rating of 1,041,427 units through HPLC analysis", while the typical Tabasco red pepper sauce is only 2,500-5,000" units on the Scoville scale by comparison!

Even the basis for the name Naga Jolokia [also known as Bhut Jolokia, Dorset Naga, Ghost Chile, Ghost Pepper, Naga Morich], says that "The word Nāga means "King Cobra" in Sanskrit".

Ouch! These sound like fun, kinda dangerous though like eating Fugu, but maybe if diluted with something...!!!