Pay it Forward 2009

Col

For someone who wants to try their hand at restoration:

I have a Waterman's blue pearlized marble celluloid (I think it's a Dauntless) Canadian lever filler with a nice, semi-flex no. 2 nib (14K Canada). The caveat is that it will need a new lever mechanism. The j-bar is rusted. I have removed the old sac and all the ossified sac pieces. This could be a nice little pen. I'll pay US postage.

Deb

hi deb

can i have the waterman pen?smile.gif

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aysedasi

• lsmith42

• Kabe

• Anton Emdin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friendly reminder of the Sabonis draw

The voice of this guitar of mine, at the awakening of the morning, wants to sing its joy;

I sing to your volcanoes, to your meadows and flowers, that are like mementos of the greatest of my loves;

If I am to die away from you, may they say I am sleeping, and bring me back home.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

In the spirit of FPN and recognizing the kind nature of our hobby, I am offering a barely-used Parker 21 in the original cardboard box and sleeve. Although I treasure all my pens, I can't spend the time with my Parkers that I'd like.

Would prefer a college student or young person of truly limited resources who would not otherwise spend money on an indulgence. US-only please. If I have several PMs, I will gather them until Monday evening and then pick one. I'll send by US Postal Service, both pen and postage are complimentary.

post-28093-1247445912_thumb.jpg

Fel

In the spirit of FPN and recognizing the kind nature of our hobby, I am offering a barely-used Parker 21 in the original cardboard box and sleeve. Although I treasure all my pens, I can't spend the time with my Parkers that I'd like.

Would prefer a college student or young person of truly limited resources who would not otherwise spend money on an indulgence. US-only please. If I have several PMs, I will gather them until Monday evening and then pick one. I'll send by US Postal Service, both pen and postage are complimentary.

post-28093-1247445912_thumb.jpg

I sent a PM earlier, but just thought I'd beg a little more. :notworthy1: This seems like a really sweet pen so: PLEASE! :D

Sheaffer 33 nib assembly removed from made in Australia snorkel.

Just replaced the bladder.

Labeled "Sheaffer 33 - 14K"

Free worldwide shipping.

Drop me a PM.

cheers,

Mark.

post-32130-1247481627_thumb.jpg

Pelican M400 - home use only!

Pelikan M120

Custom built Onoto

Sorry, the nib section is from a touchdown filler.

Well, you unscrew the end and pull back a cylinder, place it into the ink then drive the cylinder forward to fill. I had little idea as the pen was part of a batch and I needed to repair it. If it's of use, you are welcome to have it.

cheers,

Mark.

Pelican M400 - home use only!

Pelikan M120

Custom built Onoto

I want to play, too. I don't have much but if someone wants to try their hand at a dip pen I have a few low end English nibs and two nib holders. Nothing fancy or special, but they are yours if you want, just PM your info to me and they are out the door.

Kindest Regards

Piracy: n. Commerce without its folly-swaddle. Just as God made it. Ambrose Bierce.

Hey all.

Doing my bit for karma, I'm offering to make for you, for free, a 100-ish page journal. Might be something softbacked in leather, or maybe case bound, or maybe something a little more retro-medieval, whatever takes my fancy :) But it'll be nice and FP friendly

In keeping with some of the other giveaways, furthest away from me wins. I live in Perth, Western Australia, and anywhere is a long way from us.... ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth,_Western_Australia )

So using this: http://www.acscdg.com/ just PM me where you're at and how far (in kms - that's metric, people...) away you are. I'll let this run for a few weeks then update with the winner.

Sound OK with everyone?

Les

--- Update:

WOW! I cant believe the number of responses! In the lead so far is PENtup at 18628 kms. The furthest you can be from me (according to wikipedia and the mapping tool) is 19934 unless you're on a boat so Zoe you might want to check that :) Okami, there was no distance in your PM mate :(

Who Distance

Okami ?

zoe 25585

PENtup 18628

Jheels 18606

mbinvestigator 18171

kookychick 18130

scutterday 18000

DawnOfChaos 17953

Big Ern 17569

jcp1st 17513

The Moose 17019

Maroonandwhite 16996

publius 16,898

misterh 14631

mr mobius 14626

jonnycmw 14532

zabo 13500

Zeroblade 5203

It's been a month so here's the current running. As a lot of you have pointed out, more than 20000 kms would be a bit of a problem - unless you're on the international space station or something :)

I've still got a couple of journals to do before I get to this one so I'm happy to let this run a while - keep the PMs coming!

exuberantwriter ?

zoe 25585

w0den 18685

thebeesknees 18657

PENtup 18628

Jheels 18606

Iron Marshall 18395

Grwilliams86 18297

pwb 18231

Okami 18190

mbinvestigator 18171

kookychick 18130

scutterday 18000

DawnOfChaos 17953

Big Ern 17569

jcp1st 17513

The Moose 17019

Maroonandwhite 16996

publius 16898

misterh 14631

paulrbarnard 14629

mr mobius 14626

jonnycmw 14532

zabo 13500

Zeroblade 5203

Rossini 0

Hey Guys,

Well, the journal is made. It's an A4 red leather softback with 100gsm FP friendly paper. Nice....

So, last call for distances - I see I've got a few more PMs to add to the list so if you're not there dont panic.

Les

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Dip Pens gone Daddy gone

Piracy: n. Commerce without its folly-swaddle. Just as God made it. Ambrose Bierce.

Very nice of you - hope they go to good homes.

Gail

I love to pay it forward whenever I can so here goes:

Two Parker Vectors, one red one black, with M nibs. User grade condition. Will try and include a cart with each if I can find one!

Also I have a Parker leather case for a single pen.

Would like these items to go to either newbies, or those who cannot really afford a pen right now (young school kids or students) Would also prefer them to stay in the UK if possible due to postage costs. (But not absolutely written in stone)

PM me with your stories and I'll randomly generate the winners by midnight tomorrow night.

Cheers

Tawanda

Life is too short to write with a ballpoint.

I love to pay it forward whenever I can so here goes:

Two Parker Vectors, one red one black, with M nibs. User grade condition. Will try and include a cart with each if I can find one!

Also I have a Parker leather case for a single pen.

Would like these items to go to either newbies, or those who cannot really afford a pen right now (young school kids or students) Would also prefer them to stay in the UK if possible due to postage costs. (But not absolutely written in stone)

PM me with your stories and I'll randomly generate the winners by midnight tomorrow night.

Cheers

Tawanda

**** BOTH PENS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE ****

I have two almost new Hero 329 (the star trek version) pens in near mint condition I would like to give away, hopefully to someone new to FPN. One is green, one is black, both XXXXF. One pen per person please, first two PM's get them via fist class mail - USA only, sorry.

**** BOTH PENS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE ****

Edited by bhbarto

Okay, here we go.

First I want to thank Ann for the ink bottles. How am I going to fill them all? Guess I need more ink.

Second and just as important here is your free schwag of the day:

post-30572-1247695043_thumb.jpg

post-30572-1247695048_thumb.jpg

A Blackhawk organizer- pen loops, pockets, oh my. Yes black, cuz black goes with evening wear. And it fits a Moleskine pocket size or Rhodia Bloc No 13

First PM gets it. US only, please

Regards and ............GO!

GONE IN FIVE MINUTES!! ZOE GOT IT

Edited by zenhikester

Sabonis draw closed, will sort things out later today, and annouce winners

The voice of this guitar of mine, at the awakening of the morning, wants to sing its joy;

I sing to your volcanoes, to your meadows and flowers, that are like mementos of the greatest of my loves;

If I am to die away from you, may they say I am sleeping, and bring me back home.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Hello! Anyone want to pick up a free (full) bottle of Parker Quink Black from me in the Sydney CBD?

Otherwise I'll post it out to an Aussie member (sorry, ink is a bit heavy for int. postage).

Please PM me if you're interested.

Anton Emdin

Illustrations & Cartoons

www.antonemdin.com

I only had 11 entrants. I assigned numbers (1 thru 11) to them, and then had a random number generator pick them for me:

thought it would be better to contact them privately, as it seems to be the norm here.

May the winner post areview of the sabonis?

Edited by Kabe

My Parker 21 was sent out this week. Sorry for the late update, but work has kept me off the site.

Great community here and gratifying to see that many folks PM'd just to add some words of encouragement rather than to request the pen. In fact it was rare to get a request for the pen by anybody who already owned pens.

Hopefully I can get other Parkers offered up soon.

Fel

I haven't had feedback from all winners to know their prefered pen colour