• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aysedasi

• lsmith42

• Kabe

• Anton Emdin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the responses. We have a winner on 8. :)

Zoe

I have an Exaclair tan journal, lined I'd like to offer anyone in CONUS.

You can see a photo of it here.

8th responder gets it to enjoy. Please include full name & address in PMs.

Zoe

Zoe

I took a look at your Link to it and it did look like a very nice journal, may have PMed you for it myself had I not already been given such nice gifts by FPN members already.

I've reached my "getting" limit here for some time to come, a very long time, been doing more "giving" lately as that's what I've been more comfortable with my entire adult life.

Congrats to the winner, one sweet looking journal, I especially liked it in brown as was given here much better than the black version!

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

It is a good journal, and rather sturdy, too. I hope the winner enjoys it.

Zoe

Zoe

I took a look at your Link to it and it did look like a very nice journal, may have PMed you for it myself had I not already been given such nice gifts by FPN members already.

I've reached my "getting" limit here for some time to come, a very long time, been doing more "giving" lately as that's what I've been more comfortable with my entire adult life.

Congrats to the winner, one sweet looking journal, I especially liked it in brown as was given here much better than the black version!

Zoe,

I just found your PM. What a wonderful generosity!

I dont normally indulge in quality paper so this will be a real treat.

The Journal looks gorgeous. Thank you very much.

JohnM.

Zoe

Zoe,

I just found your PM. What a wonderful generosity!

I dont normally indulge in quality paper so this will be a real treat.

The Journal looks gorgeous. Thank you very much.

JohnM.

Yay, congrats on your win! Tell us all about it once you receive it. I think it's really cool of Zoe to offer it up.

Similar to the Thistle ink offering above, I found a bottle of Mak-Ur-Own Dri-Ink (blue black) yesterday at a flea market. The tablets are in good condition. I have 8 small ziploc bags and the bottle, each containing 2 tablets, to give away. The directions say to dissolve one tablet in 1 ounce of clean water. The bottle is dated 1944.

So, I have 9 samples to give away. No guarantees, as I haven't tested it. As I'm going to mail the ziplocs in envelopes, the tablets may get crushed in transit.

Kristi

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

One sample of Dri-Ink remaining...

Kristi

I would like to try the dry ink. Have you tried it yet?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Similar to the Thistle ink offering above, I found a bottle of Mak-Ur-Own Dri-Ink (blue black) yesterday at a flea market. The tablets are in good condition. I have 8 small ziploc bags and the bottle, each containing 2 tablets, to give away. The directions say to dissolve one tablet in 1 ounce of clean water. The bottle is dated 1944.

So, I have 9 samples to give away. No guarantees, as I haven't tested it. As I'm going to mail the ziplocs in envelopes, the tablets may get crushed in transit.

Kristi

Kristi, could you post a clear image of the whole label, please? :-)

Edited by Chthulhu

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

I have 7 Pear Tree Pen samples (1-2 ml) of some various inks which have only been dipped. Since nobody seems interested in these for ink trading, then I am offering them here. First PM gets them. I'll pay for the S&H as long as it's CONUS.

The samples are:

Waterman South Seas Blue

Private Reserve Naples Blue

Noodler's Squeteague

Noodler's Navajo Turquoise

Noodler's Lexington Gray

Noodler's Baystate Cape Cod Cranberry

Noodler's Forrest Green

Edit: GONE! :thumbup:

Edited by HokieGeek

Currently inked pens:

• Pelikan M205 Amethyst [F] (Noodler's Manhattan Blue)
  • Shaeffer PFM II Blue (Private Reserve Naples Blue)
  • Lamy 2000 [binder Italifine 0.7/0.5] (J. Herbin Vert Empire)
  • Waterman Ideal N° 01855 (Noodler's Walnut)
  • Pilot Vanishing Point Mustard [binder Stub Italic 0.6] (Noodler's Walnut)

I just received a package of MB Bordeaux cartridges from lsmith42 as promised :)

When I first felt the envelope I was like "Wow! The USPS uses high quality paper for their packing envelopes..." Until I realized Loren just used a Clairefontaine envelope! :roflmho:

Thanks again!

Edited by Kaych

DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Kristi, could you post a clear image of the whole label, please? :-)

The ink tablets are all taken!

Here's the rest of the label:

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

Couldn't sell it.... so I might as well give it away to someone who could use it :-). Dark blue lacquer cap for a Caran d’ Ache Leman fountain pen (or roller ball..fits either). Excellent condition and has a spring loaded clip.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/jasono4407/035.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/jasono4407/037.jpg

Hi, is this available? I would like to buy or swap it with a Lamy 2000...

Sheaffer Admiral Touchdown ~ Free to a good home

post-29382-1252544822_thumb.jpeg

Here's a nice, tidy little Sheaffer. Body and nib are in fantastic shape - in fact the section is NOS. This is the non-dot version, with open 'feather touch' two-tone 14k nib.

The only flaw is that there is a little rattle near the blind cap, and the nib can come off-centre from the feed if it gets knocked. Fix it up if you want, but this pen is definitely a-ok to write with as is. In fact, it writes a really nice fine, wet line.

I had bought it from a fellow member, but was refunded the money due to the problems described. So here it is for someone else to enjoy.

As some of you may not be as quick on the trigger, I'm only going to accept PM's after 24 hours from now. I'll allow for UK or other members in different timezones - say add on 6 hours or so, so we're all up at the same time.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Anton

--

Anton Emdin

Illustrations & Cartoons

www.antonemdin.com

post-29382-1252544822_thumb.jpeg

Here's a nice, tidy little Sheaffer. Body and nib are in fantastic shape - in fact the section is NOS. This is the non-dot version, with open 'feather touch' two-tone 14k nib.

The only flaw is that there is a little rattle near the blind cap, and the nib can come off-centre from the feed if it gets knocked. Fix it up if you want, but this pen is definitely a-ok to write with as is. In fact, it writes a really nice fine, wet line.

I had bought it from a fellow member, but was refunded the money due to the problems described. So here it is for someone else to enjoy.

As some of you may not be as quick on the trigger, I'm only going to accept PM's after 24 hours from now. I'll allow for UK or other members in different timezones - say add on 6 hours or so, so we're all up at the same time.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Anton

--

So what happens after 24 hours? Are people just supposed to start PMing you this time tomorrow? How will you choose? First come first serve? Magic number? Creativity? ...

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Cheers,

Anton

--

PM sent.

Thanks, Anton, for your consideration.

Scott

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

So what happens after 24 hours? Are people just supposed to start PMing you this time tomorrow? How will you choose? First come first serve? Magic number? Creativity? ...

I'd love to get creative responses, or at least something more interesting than 'I want', but to be fair it'll just be first come first serve - AFTER 24 hours of the original post. As I said, I'll allow an extra 6 hours for other timezones, and choose the one closest to the adjusted time.

If there are two or more in the same minute, I'll use an ancient, secret voodoo technique known only to a few soothsayers and medicine men (er, and me for some strange reason) to decide.

Cheers,

Anton

--

Anton Emdin

Illustrations & Cartoons

www.antonemdin.com