Pen Personality?

professionaldilettante

249 members have voted

1. 1. Please enter your resulting personality type after taking the test provided by the link~ (anonymous)

• ISTJ
    • ISFJ
    • INFJ
    • INTJ
    • ISTP
    • ISFP
    • INFP
    • INTP
    • ESTP
    • ESFP
    • ENFP
    • ENTP
    • ESTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ENFJ
    • ENTJ

On the INTJ page it suggests that we should be computer programmers. So how many of you are computer programmers or otherwise work with computers in a technical or managerial capacity?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scrawler

• I am not a number

• RitaCarbon

• ethernautrix

On the INTJ page it suggests that we should be computer programmers. So how many of you are computer programmers or otherwise work with computers in a technical or managerial capacity?

I score ENTJ, not many of us among FP lovers.

• 3 weeks later...

INTJ -- nice to be in the majority in some part of my life. Neat topic idea!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope L, hopeless nib nerd

Neglected blog: www.louisquill.com

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

It's funny because the INTJ personality is the rarest of all personality types which means there is something about pens that appeals to these people.

I score ENTJ, not many of us among FP lovers.

Are you a computer person?

I have a case of DID: one of me is ENFP and the other is INTJ. Guess which one is a fountain pen addict?

Rita

I got INFJ, though I suspect I'd get a different result if I took the test again... still, it's interesting.

Ha! I did take the Meyer-Briggs test (on-line) several times about ten years ago, and I did get different results! But I don't remember any of them.

I've taken it twice, six months apart, but it says ENTJ all the time. It's interesting how ENTJ's are ment to be rationals, but I am also very artistic... although I sport a zeal for math and science as well.

K.M.J

I scored as an ISTJ. I suspect I would have scored differently earlier in my life, or maybe even on another day. I'm not sure that's quite on the mark, but when I followed the "career indicator" link, the first item is "Computer programmer" which is primarily what I do for work.

If there are more introverted types here, it could also have something to do with the fact that we are using a computer forum to communicate.

I'm either an INFJ or an INTJ. I usually score as an INFJ, but the past few times I've taken the Myers-Briggs my results switched to INTJ. All I know is I am most definitely (happily) an introvert!

It is clear from this survey that INTJ types are more likely to fill in surveys and ES-- types the least likely.

No, that is not clear at all. Basic statistics tells you that with all the variables involved in a voluntary online study, you cannot possibly pull more than a vague generalization out of this, and even then you are not always correct.

On a different note, I do like to think that FP lovers are more logical and mastermind-ish people. But that is also not a valid conclusion from this survey.

-Nkk (who dislikes faux statistics)

Took the test. As usual, I am INFJ. I always get the same results so I guess I'm in the 1%. Interesting to see so many of us here.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

ENTJ, all the way down the line...

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

Same here, an (uncommonly artistic & smpathetic, but otherwise...) ENTJ, all through.

K.M.J

I'm an INTJ. Mastermind, huh. Makes me sound evil. Here is a brief description from Wikipedia.

Overview

Masterminds are introspective, pragmatic, directive, and attentive. As strategists, they are better than any other type at brainstorming approaches to situations. Masterminds are natural but not eager leaders, stepping forward only when it becomes obvious to them that they are the best for the job. Strong-willed and very self-assured, they may make this decision quickly, as they tend to make all decisions. But though they are decisive, they are open to new evidence and new ideas, flexible in their planning to accommodate changing situations. They tend to excel at judging the usefulness of ideas and will apply whatever seems most efficient to them in accomplishing their clearly envisioned goals. To Masterminds, what matters is getting it done—but also learning the principles of how to get it done efficiently and well, that is, at a professional level of quality. However, they may give little thought to the personal cost of getting there, "focusing so tightly on their own pursuits [that] they can ignore the points of view and wishes of others."[1]:200

Masterminds are highly pragmatic, and they will put forth a great deal of time and effort to implement effective ideas. They are driven to solve complex problems and to create organized, decided, and executed solutions. Masterminds tend to make positive statements instead of negative ones, focusing on how to make the organization more efficient in the future rather than dwelling on past mistakes.

Masterminds are also highly theoretical, and the most open-minded of the 16 role variants. Before Masterminds adopt a theoretical notion, they insist on researching all the available data and checking the idea against reality. Masterminds are suspicious of theories based on poor research and will discard ideas that cannot be effectively implemented.

As leaders, Masterminds are skilled in contingency planning and entailment organizing, which are directive activities that tell the planner what activities to do and in what order to do them. Once in a position of power, Masterminds are known for their efficiency and willingness to adopt useful ideas.

It also rated me INTJ. I am surprised at the company it put me in. I have often thought that had I not been a computer software researcher I would have been a good military officer.

The only difference between ENTJ and INTJ is that ENTJs are Extraverted, while INTJ's are introverted. I believe that I can be either, as sometimes I favour a situation with a few close friends, and at other times I feel like mingling with more people. However, I scored ENTJ twice, so I guess I gravitate more to the Extravert side...

K.M.J

Same here, an (uncommonly artistic & smpathetic, but otherwise...) ENTJ, all through.

Actually, having read the in-depth INTJ analogy, I feel that it describes me way better than ENTJ. That's it, my decision is concrete: I'm INTJ.

K.M.J

Actually, having read the in-depth INTJ analogy, I feel that it describes me way better than ENTJ. That's it, my decision is concrete: I'm INTJ.

If I were not so introverted, I would invite you to join the club. :ltcapd: