Pen Personality?

professionaldilettante

249 members have voted

1. 1. Please enter your resulting personality type after taking the test provided by the link~ (anonymous)

• ISTJ
    • ISFJ
    • INFJ
    • INTJ
    • ISTP
    • ISFP
    • INFP
    • INTP
    • ESTP
    • ESFP
    • ENFP
    • ENTP
    • ESTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ENFJ
    • ENTJ

I got INFJ, though I suspect I'd get a different result if I took the test again... still, it's interesting.

Ha! I did take the Meyer-Briggs test (on-line) several times about ten years ago, and I did get different results! But I don't remember any of them.

Ethernautrix, I just think it goes with time and how we change through life's experiences. Twenty years ago I would not have answered the same as today.

Slightly spooky that most of the posts have been by "Introverts".

My last assessment (about a month ago) came out as ENTP. Previously I was Libra.

Are you still one :mellow: ?

Well... I was skeptical, but I took the test, and I'm supposedly INFJ. I am also a double Libra, whatever that means.

I'm also an INFJ and double Libra (Libra sun, Libra rising.)

Me: Sun,Mercury, Mars and Jupiter all in Libra (for those who believe in this; for those who don't, it really doesn't matter :thumbup:)

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scrawler

• I am not a number

• RitaCarbon

• ethernautrix

I took this test 25 years ago and came up as INFP. According to the test I just took, I still am INFP.

I'm INFJ.

I urge you to all become this, because it's quite awesome being me.

(That's how it works, right?)

Charming...

Well... I was skeptical, but I took the test, and I'm supposedly INFJ. I am also a double Libra, whatever that means.

I am a quadruple Libra!

INFJ and it fits me to a tee!

There should be more Libras in the world. That's how we achieve the world peace. Anyone want to support my petition to celebrate Valentine's Day in January?

I am a quadruple Libra!

INFJ and it fits me to a tee!

There should be more Libras in the world. That's how we achieve the world peace. Anyone want to support my petition to celebrate Valentine's Day in January?

me! :happyberet:

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

I took the test but I think its all bunkum. I float around, change from a yes to a no and back to a yes in most of the questions asked. You cant pin me down that easily.

Where is everyone finding the astrology references? I must have missed it. TIA

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

I am an ENFJ.

It seems we're the only two. I had read somewhere that ENFJ's make up about 2% of the population, and according to this poll, that percentage is very accurate.

Make that three! ENTJ here, though only weakly E and J. Probably the strongest thing most of us here share is the NT part.

I'm also, sadly, a Virgo with Virgo in four planets. So while all you other star signs get interesting horoscopes on meeting strangers and possible riches and stormy or smooth sailing relationships, I get stuck with 'today is a good day to reorganize your spice collection. Yes, I know it is alphabetical, but the stars say it should be first cuisine type, then alphabetical.' And, worse still, I find doing that enjoyable.

The reason astrology has entered the discussion is because it is a useful adjunct to myers-briggs typology.

And Satrap, I'm with you! A triple espresso on rising and a double when the sun is post-meridian

I am an ENFJ.

It seems we're the only two. I had read somewhere that ENFJ's make up about 2% of the population, and according to this poll, that percentage is very accurate.

Make that three! ENTJ here, though only weakly E and J. Probably the strongest thing most of us here share is the NT part.

I'm also, sadly, a Virgo with Virgo in four planets. So while all you other star signs get interesting horoscopes on meeting strangers and possible riches and stormy or smooth sailing relationships, I get stuck with 'today is a good day to reorganize your spice collection. Yes, I know it is alphabetical, but the stars say it should be first cuisine type, then alphabetical.' And, worse still, I find doing that enjoyable.

The reason astrology has entered the discussion is because it is a useful adjunct to myers-briggs typology.

And Satrap, I'm with you! A triple espresso on rising and a double when the sun is post-meridian

All I know is that I am sagittarius with the rising sign of sagittarius.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I am an ENFJ.

According to the site INTJ represent one percent of the population, so according to this poll that is very inaccurate.

I'm not sure that's a valid conclusion. We're all here because we like fountain pens, so we're technically not a random selection of people taking this test. If I understand it correctly, the poll here is to find trends in the personality types of fountain pen users and to see if they have a different distribution from that of a general population (a population in which writing utensil preference has no bearing on the people taking the test.) If we assume that the website is accurate and our poll is also accurate, then our conclusion could be that in the online fountain pen community, there is a higher amount of INTJ personality types than the general population. But there are still some flaws here, one of which is that I doubt every member of the FPN will take the poll. Also, maybe INTJ type people are simply more likely to take tests and participate in polls--something like that could really skew the data...

--Stephen

If I understood the assesment of the INTJ (me too ! just waiting for the right time to assume leadership, by the way...) correctly, this is spoken like a true INTJ person, right ?

Greets, and a happy New Year

Miguel

My results came out as ENFJ. Lots of famous people with that type :)

"What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how

infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and

admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like

a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals"

-William Shakespeare

It is clear from this survey that INTJ types are more likely to fill in surveys and ES-- types the least likely.

INTJ here as well. I also find this quote from http://typelogic.com/intj.html : " Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness."

I have yet to find a mate that makes ANY sense at all! :unsure:

Oh, and no Libra here, just a Scorpio, the best sign there is! :thumbup:

Looking for Vintage Conway Stewart pens in blue marble to buy or trade.....

The Enneagram works better, I think. INTJ and INFJ would both be a Type 4 in the Enneagram. This is the type that is highly nostalgic and to whom aesthetics matter the most. Fountain pens hit both of these perfectly. 4's also strive to be unique. For those of you who are INTJ or INFP, you will probably understand why one would want to do something differently and with flair. That is exactly what attracted me to fountain pens. THe M_B descriptions do not seem to get to the reasons why we like fountain pens. Here the Enneagram does. beautiful and distinctive things that harken back to a different time -- sign me up.

When I saw the survey, I was going to suggest INTJ/Type 4, but I see that you already provided the empirical results. My wife asks me all the time about what we are like in general (pen collectors). Now I have data!

By the way, introverts are WAY overrepresented. I guess the extroverts are mostly out doing things with other people rather than futzing with nibs.

I wonder how many current and former members of Mensa are in here. It does seem clear that fountain pen usage is most found in certain personality types, because of the over representation of those types in here.

Mensa, yup. I don't think there is a correlation between type and IQ, but I imagine that there are filters that would result in concentrations of certain traits showing up here. Income, education, access to computers, desire to study (curiosity), etc. I bet race is of predominantly one flavor here as well. How to have fun and/or lie with statistics!

Let's face it, one has to get over a few hurdles before having the time and inclination to be any kind of collector, and even more to collect arcana.

A snowflake with ENFP class symetry, or also known as Champion. Supposed to be extremely rear (<2%), but obviously we observe unusually high number of Champions among the FPNers as compared to general population. That's why I hang out here, I guess. The rest of the world seems a little dull witout BSB arguments...

Though, the test is not accurate: I wanted to use both or neither choices in majority of questions. I feel more comfortable when two more choices are included: "neither" and "both"

ENFP's famously like INTJ's and the other way around. My wife is an ENFP. Once I took this very geeky class at Stanford and we did the Myers-Briggs test. My two best friends were teh only extroverts in the class and both were ENFP's. I LOVE ENFP's. They are fun people and I am not at all fun. Perhaps you just hang out here for the adulation :)

Since I'm a mastermind, I've begun work on my underground lair....anyone else?

Where is Magnus Magnusson when you need him?