Pen Personality?

professionaldilettante

249 members have voted

1. 1. Please enter your resulting personality type after taking the test provided by the link~ (anonymous)

• ISTJ
    • ISFJ
    • INFJ
    • INTJ
    • ISTP
    • ISFP
    • INFP
    • INTP
    • ESTP
    • ESFP
    • ENFP
    • ENTP
    • ESTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ENFJ
    • ENTJ

Does this mean that we should re-manage our friends here on the forum?

You can manage the ones you already have!?

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scrawler

• I am not a number

• RitaCarbon

• ethernautrix

I took the test and have remained consistant. INFJ.

[From Wiki]

INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear vision, which they then execute decisively to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.

INFJs are quiet, private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Although very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner.

INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions, and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well-liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types. However, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and so tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs tend to be easily hurt, though they may not reveal this except to their closest companions. INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits," rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset.

INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired. Yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition.

And I have to admit, a lot sounds just like me.

From the raw data, INFJ and INTJ are the winning personalities here. ISTJ is third. Is there a connection or maybe a correlation to pen users?

Every word written is a victory against death. -Michel Butor

(back after being away for a while)

I am also INTJ. Who knew I was a mastermind.

I'm sure my results would probably change slightly where I to take this again.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

That explains my seemingly irrational need for a lair and minions.....

Irrational?

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

From the results description: "The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification."

Wanna see my new Montblanc Thomas Mann?!

I am a INFJ also and have been obsessing over the Thomas Mann ALL DAY!! HAHAHA So when I read this i laughed!

www.stevelightart.com

From the results description: "The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification."

I am a INFJ also and have been obsessing over the Thomas Mann ALL DAY!! HAHAHA So when I read this i laughed!

*Highfives ya!*

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I think this applies to most of us here on FPN. I was worried for the postal workers on Monday getting mangled by the throngs of FPNers waiting for their Ripple.

(Hugs new Ripple... :cloud9: )

Based on the test, I'm ENTJ. I'd have to agree with the assessment. Now how does this relate to pens.... :hmm1:

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I think this applies to most of us here on FPN. I was worried for the postal workers on Monday getting mangled by the throngs of FPNers waiting for their Ripple.

(Hugs new Ripple... :cloud9: )

Based on the test, I'm ENTJ. I'd have to agree with the assessment. Now how does this relate to pens.... :hmm1:

Yeah well I am an INTJ and if the postman does not deliver the pens and inks I ordered for my daughters Christmas presents by tomorrow you better worry about the postal workers LOL

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

I am an ENFJ.

It seems we're the only two. I had read somewhere that ENFJ's make up about 2% of the population, and according to this poll, that percentage is very accurate.

I am an ENFJ.

It seems we're the only two. I had read somewhere that ENFJ's make up about 2% of the population, and according to this poll, that percentage is very accurate.

According to the site INTJ represent one percent of the population, so according to this poll that is very inaccurate.

INFP here (but I've taken the test multiple times over the years and flip back and forth on the P/J part).

Methodologically, I wonder if what we'll really learn is something about the personality of people who hang out on Internet bulletin boards.

INTP. I don't know if I'd like the official description, but I love the words:

Introverted

Intuitive

Thinking

Perceiving

I love it! :cloud9:

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

I am an ENFJ.

According to the site INTJ represent one percent of the population, so according to this poll that is very inaccurate.

I'm not sure that's a valid conclusion. We're all here because we like fountain pens, so we're technically not a random selection of people taking this test. If I understand it correctly, the poll here is to find trends in the personality types of fountain pen users and to see if they have a different distribution from that of a general population (a population in which writing utensil preference has no bearing on the people taking the test.) If we assume that the website is accurate and our poll is also accurate, then our conclusion could be that in the online fountain pen community, there is a higher amount of INTJ personality types than the general population. But there are still some flaws here, one of which is that I doubt every member of the FPN will take the poll. Also, maybe INTJ type people are simply more likely to take tests and participate in polls--something like that could really skew the data...

--Stephen

I scored INTJ!!! :thumbup:

INTJ here as well.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I am an ENFJ.

I'm not sure that's a valid conclusion. We're all here because we like fountain pens, so we're technically not a random selection of people taking this test. If I understand it correctly, the poll here is to find trends in the personality types of fountain pen users and to see if they have a different distribution from that of a general population (a population in which writing utensil preference has no bearing on the people taking the test.) If we assume that the website is accurate and our poll is also accurate, then our conclusion could be that in the online fountain pen community, there is a higher amount of INTJ personality types than the general population. But there are still some flaws here, one of which is that I doubt every member of the FPN will take the poll. Also, maybe INTJ type people are simply more likely to take tests and participate in polls--something like that could really skew the data...

--Stephen

I am sorry, you seem to have missed my attempt at humour. It must be a result of our overall colder personality type.

"I yam what I yam." I yam not gonna try to fit myself into one of 26EE4 pigeonholes. Did this idea come off of Coast to Coast in the AM?

The "suits" tried to pull this on us in a seminar where I used to work. A room full of engineers and techs. The scam artist leading the seminar left in tears.

Paddler

Edited by Paddler

Can a calculator understand a cash register?