Iroshizuku Price Increase

Okami

well i received like two days ago a order with 5 iroshizuku and yesterday i make a order for some others stuff -_- i should know this and i would brought another Syo-Ro and Kon-Peki T_T Oh well!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy James

• Margana

• bluemagister

• Silvermink

As you know, Namiki of Pilot Pen Corp of America has officially brought in the Iroshizuku inks at the suggested retail price of $35 in the US. We have been asked to raise our retail price in order to comply with the standard Namiki pricing level. The lowest target price (probably around $28) that we are allowed to resell the Iroshizuku inks will go into effect soon, by June 1st, 2010.

Sounds like many of us will be back to small scale importation at the $17-20 price point.

I didn't mind the Jetpens premium and was willing to pay it for the convenience, but this new distribution scheme is a bit high.

$22.50? Sure.

$28? Iffy.

$35? Ridiculous.

Time to stock up BEFORE the June 1, deadline. This is a serious kick in the teeth for customers by Pilot. Don't they know that we can pick up these inks for half that price in Japan???

Well placed my order for the inks that I had been holding out on buying. $22.50 was doable - $28 :yikes:

Hopefully I now have enough to last... too bad that NamikiUSA decided to do this. :angry: Thank you JetPens, for keeping the price as low as you have for so long and for your excellent service.

Edited by Okami

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

Time to stock up BEFORE the June 1, deadline. This is a serious kick in the teeth for customers by Pilot. Don't they know that we can pick up these inks for half that price in Japan???

Actually at the moment I read the jetpens post i started to make another shooping cart XD... might it be a moment when i should say "i need to stop buying inks"???

Thanks to the JetPens folks for the warning and a big raspberry to Pilot for manipulating the market.

I just ordered the last couple of colors that I'd been wanting to try. I think I'm done buying ink for a while. Of course I said that just a couple of days ago after the Havana Brown showed up - so much for willpower.

Thank You Jetpens for holding out as long as you have and your service to the community.

A pox on Pilot USA. I'll certainly never support them again. If I buy anything from Pilot, I'll import it directly from Japan.

As a suggestion to JetPens, it would be great to see if you could ask Sailor to make inks with custom colors for you to sell. If you could sell inks like the Kobe Nagasawa or Hougado Pen Gallery inks, it would be a great alternative to the Iroshizuku. You could start small with say 6 colors and expand slowly.

Edited by AltecGreen

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Thank you, JetPens! I received my big box of Iroshizuku inks on Monday and am glad I went with my gut feeling to splurge on them when I did! You rock, and as I run out of single colors, I'll be back to replenish them.

Its a global economy these days and I'm now that they've created this opportunity, that there will those who will step in to help the market along.

"and then the line was discontinued"

Honestly though,I wont be buying it for $35 a bottle. $22 with free shipping from jetpens? Sure, I'll buy a bottle or two once a week. But for $35? Well... fact is I just can't afford that. It's a shame really, I've really started to love it I was even going to pick up a few parallel pens to use with it. I guess J. Herbin will be getting more business from me soon.

The impending price increase was just the excuse motivation that I needed to jump into the colorful waters of Iroshizuku. I just placed my order for Asa-gao and Yama Budo at JetPens. :clap1:

While I won't be able to be a regular user of these inks because they are relatively expensive I look forward to indulging in them once in a while! :drool:

If only Iroshizuku sold a deep, lush, fade-resistant black. *Sigh*

1. Buy a bottle of any Iroshizuku ink

2. Dump the ink yikes.gif

3. Refill the bottle with Noodlers Bulletproof Black

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

If only Iroshizuku sold a deep, lush, fade-resistant black. *Sigh*

1. Buy a bottle of any Iroshizuku ink

2. Dump the ink yikes.gif

3. Refill the bottle with Noodlers Bulletproof Black

roflmho.gif

relabel and sell as "OhN-oWha-tDi-dIDo"

Rick

Edit: for silly omission

Edited by txinsk

Need money for pens, must make good notebooks. :)

Thanks everyone for your support! We really appreciate it. We thought long and hard before deciding to comply with the request from Namiki/Pilot Corp. We tried our best to push for this two-week window before the price changes. We're very sorry for the inconvenience to everyone.

And yes, free shipping still applies for orders over $25.

PS We'll definitely be doing a search for other inks!

Edited by JetPens

JetPens.com - Japanese Pens and Stationery

http://www.jetpens.com/images/jetpens_logo.gif

Find us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks to the JetPens folks for the warning and a big raspberry to Pilot for manipulating the market.

WOW.

Indeed.

Thanks, JetPens, for the heads up - I'll be buying those "maybe" Iroshizuku colors now. I don't have a problem justifying under $25 for a bottle of ink, but at $35, that's quite frankly more expensive than most of my pens. Not gonna do it.

Just stocked up on yama-guri....thumbup.gif

"And gentlemen in England, now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day."

Tsuki-yo is my ink of choice, but from now on I'll forego the convenience of getting it from Jetpens and import it directly. Honestly, I can afford $35 a bottle, but I feel as though at this price I'd be just plain ripped off. Convenience is only worth so much. Not feeling robbed is an equal motivator.

Well placed my order for the inks that I had been holding out on buying. $22.50 was doable - $28 :yikes:

Hopefully I now have enough to last... too bad that NamikiUSA decided to do this. :angry: Thank you JetPens, for keeping the price as low as you have for so long and for your excellent service.

Call me nuts, but I don't see why Jet Pens had to increase its price. As I understand it, Jet Pens import the ink directly from Japan and as such is in no way part of the US distribution chain. I don't see any allegations on Jet Pens part that the price to import the inks has gone up substantially, just that Pilot has asked them to raise its price. Sorry; that's no justification to me for doing so.

Call me nuts, but I don't see why Jet Pens had to increase its price. As I understand it, Jet Pens import the ink directly from Japan and as such is in no way part of the US distribution chain. I don't see any allegations on Jet Pens part that the price to import the inks has gone up substantially, just that Pilot has asked them to raise its price. Sorry; that's no justification to me for doing so.

Most wholesale pricing agreements with retailers explicitly spell these sorts of things out. It's usually part of the agreements made with country-wide distributors.

If Jetpens doesn't play ball, their ability to import ink from Japan in any significant quantity would disappear

Edited by mahkie

Follow TWSBI and the Diamond Project on Twitter!

Currently inked pens:

Pilot M90 F- Iroshizuku Tsuyu-Kusa

Sailor 1911 EF - MB Blue

Twsbi Diamond 530 F-Noodler's "Taiwan Eternally Free" Black Strait