The FPN Post Office

vela

I'm feeling a bit better (though I'm still not good per se), but the 5 people I live with have started falling like dominos so it may be a while yet as we all (collectively) recover... knock on wood, though, my parents haven't gotten it yet and hopefully won't! Sorry for the delays though, I got to more letter INs from @tringle too.  Thanks you guys!

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sangrisano

• Runnin_Ute

• checkrail

• Kari Homan Shannon

3 hours ago, Lexus77 said:

Letter out to @Mark from Yorkshire

I will look forward to it arriving 

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

2 hours ago, Enkida said:

I'm feeling a bit better (though I'm still not good per se), but the 5 people I live with have started falling like dominos so it may be a while yet as we all (collectively) recover... knock on wood, though, my parents haven't gotten it yet and hopefully won't! Sorry for the delays though, I got to more letter INs from @tringle too.  Thanks you guys!

Oh no,

hope you all get well quickly and it is not too severe 

Letters out to @Kari Homan Shannon and @Ken M

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done"  Ludwig Wittgenstein

"It is impossible to design something that is foolproof because fools are so ingenious." - Groucho Marx

On 6/20/2022 at 9:39 AM, frolic838 said:

FWIW, I've had it & doc says I'm all good!  My kiddos are in the process of moving, so I'm slow to get post in the mail though.  :(

@Enkida

@frolic838

I've had it too...   So write away.   If you are still scared you can bake paper at anything below 350 (if your oven will go that low -  paper ignites at 425 -  I've baked donation yarn with the labels on top make sure there were no critters involved before and the labels were fine) so there you go....  Spread your letters out and let them get a little toasty and you'll be ok...  😎😎😎

Letter in from shoes and @InkStainedFingers

Letters out to

@jburchett

@InkStainedFingers

Shoes

My mail has not been picked up since last Thursday,  so hopefully the post it note I put on the box asked nicely enough to get it picked up tomorrow... 

I've written the date they went in the box on the back in hopefully cryptic format of 622, so let me know what the postmark date is if you ever get it....  😔😔😔

Letters OUT to @jazztonight and @Kamuela. Sent as Priority mail to compensate for the delayed reply... 🙏

Arguing with a woman is like reading a Software License Agreement.

In the end, you ignore everything and click "I Agree".

flying-letter-exc.png

Letter in from @Kari Homan Shannon  Good gravy lady are you on this correspondence thing! 

I've got to get letters written, but my brother & his family are moving overseas on Tuesday so ... it'll be after that y'all.

I am different.  Let this not alarm you.  ~ Paracelsus

If you're interested in corresponding, let me know!

After 8 days and a call to the post office,  the mail has finally left the box....

@Rebbe

@InkStainedFingers

@Inner Prop

@KCat

@Enkida

@tringle

@Ken M

@BorisoftheStars

@RoyalBlueNotebooks

@brokenclay

All your letters should arrive soon fingers crossed.... 

@Rebbe

Yours came 😂😂😂. I'll pm you!!!

9 hours ago, frolic838 said:

Letter in from @Kari Homan Shannon  Good gravy lady are you on this correspondence thing! 

I've got to get letters written, but my brother & his family are moving overseas on Tuesday so ... it'll be after that y'all.

Lol...  You know...  Like to keep you on your toes!!! 😆🤣

4 minutes ago, Kari Homan Shannon said:

After 8 days and a call to the post office,  the mail has finally left the box....

@Rebbe

@InkStainedFingers

@Inner Prop

@KCat

@Enkida

@tringle

@Ken M

@BorisoftheStars

@RoyalBlueNotebooks

@brokenclay

All your letters should arrive soon fingers crossed.... 

@Rebbe

Yours came 😂😂😂. I'll pm you!!!

Mine came in today, so I'm super thrilled!

1 hour ago, BorisoftheStars said:

Mine came in today, so I'm super thrilled!

My letter to you came in today?   Hmmm... Makes me think they emptied the letter just not the catalog that I was using was the guide for how long things had been staying.... I'll keep an eye and see what the others say.  Thanks for letting me know.... 😉

I've begun to reply to letters but still don't quite have the energy to write for extended periods yet.  Also still officially can't leave the house to mail them XD

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

13 minutes ago, Enkida said:

I've begun to reply to letters but still don't quite have the energy to write for extended periods yet.  Also still officially can't leave the house to mail them XD

Glad to hear you are feeling better and on the mend. Hope your family are well now too

On 12/3/2009 at 1:07 AM, sdcurnow said:

Yes sir, moving on as "requested."

Several cards mailed a week ago or so, but the post mysteriously vanished. Cards were sent to: SCPaul, jazztonight, succubus, Spotted&Speckled, penhorse87, InkyPete, ribbit, and FredRydr.

Cards going out tomorrow to Hdubious76, Penspouse, SCPaul, MikeW,tr3n1ty, and OldNavy1988.

Enjoy. Steve C

Hi,  just wanted to let you know that when you mention someone you need to put an @ symbol in front of their names otherwise they won't see your message,  as in the @ symbol is what tells the system to notify the person that you mentioned them.  

When you type the @ symbol, do not enter any spaces after.   Type the person's name right up against the symbol.   It will pop up a list of possible people you're wanting.   You can continue typing their name without spaces,  until you see the one you want,  or you can scroll through the list of provides until you find the person.

FPN is messed up so you'll need to put one name per line.   Also,  if you miss-type a name you'll need to start over with that particular name by deleting even the @ and typing it in again.  

You will know you've been successful when their name appears in a blue bubble. 

I will tag myself so you can see...

Kari Homan Shannon = not tagged

@Kari Homan Shannon
= is tagged

Hope this helps!  🧡

Royal mail delivered @Texican

I have proper paper being delivered tomorrow and a reply will be in the post shortly thereafter.

Edited by steerpike