Latest Software Update

Admin

Actually,it's been hitting everyone all day--there are several posts about this .

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• Sailor Kenshin

• pen2paper

• MYU

Accepting that the admins are probably tearing their hair out even more than the rest of us (and I've little left to tear out....), does anyone with expertise in this sort of thing have any idea why this is happening?

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

zero experience, but inquisitive enough to check the IP Board's information board for any known issues..It said there were nonerolleyes.gif

I'm just guessing, but wonder if the huge recent influx from the B Globe article has caused a tilt on this new version???

Thank goodness it isn't only me having trouble getting access in here. I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong. Whew! Now, for this problem to get resolved soon....I hope!

She who laughs, lasts 61106869_10219479460406206_6753598647167

I'm pleasantly surprised to be reading this thread (or any, really); the "database error" page prevented me from reading any posts at all on my other attempts this evening. However, I'm now seeing a big blank space at the bottom left of the index page where it used to show which members were logged in. I don't mind the absence of the information, but I am wondering if this is true for everyone or a more localized issue.

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

Oh, it is still here. But I can't get to my profile. This is the only topic available to express my frustration.crybaby.gif

I'm pleasantly surprised to be reading this thread (or any, really); the "database error" page prevented me from reading any posts at all on my other attempts this evening. However, I'm now seeing a big blank space at the bottom left of the index page where it used to show which members were logged in. I don't mind the absence of the information, but I am wondering if this is true for everyone or a more localized issue.

[i also have the big blank space at the bottom of the page. In addition, cannot get to the new message shown in "my messenger". Access denied! You don't have permission... apparently now one can be logged in as far as part of the system is concerned, but not for all of it. I'm clearly challenged at this as well since for my first post I have edited Ada's instead of replying to it. LLB]

Edited by LLB

[i also have the big blank space at the bottom of the page. In addition, cannot get to the new message shown in "my messenger". Access denied! You don't have permission... apparently now one can be logged in as far as part of the system is concerned, but not for all of it. I'm clearly challenged at this as well since for my first post I have edited Ada's instead of replying to it. LLB]

Thanks LLB, it is nice to know it is not just me.

And thanks to the Mods and Admins for whatever you did to make it possible to read threads again.

Edited by Ada

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

I can't access my own posts or topics - even though I've signed out and signed back in - and can't access "new content" either :headsmack:!

At least I could look at other topics and forums (is that the right word?) :thumbup: I'm just going to have to go and write another snail............ :bunny01:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

I hope this whole problem will end up soon,it's a chaos :crybaby: ,this is the second time that I could post something the whole day,and I wonder how the admin are doing..thanks anyway to them for their efforts in trying to get this fixed :thumbup:

CPSC

What in blue blazes?! :blink:

I'm glad the site is finally back up somewhat, but there are a few things missing namely access to my profile and my private messages!!!

Any update is greatly appreciated.

This whole thing is a disaster how could IPB release something so dodgy?!

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

What in blue blazes?! :blink:

I'm glad the site is finally back up somewhat, but there are a few things missing namely access to my profile and my private messages!!!

Any update is greatly appreciated.

This whole thing is a disaster how could IPB release something so dodgy?!

Same thing has happened to me.............can't access my profile or my messages. It also seems to be

running a bit slower.................

Can we get a communique' on the status of what's happened,what's fixed and when we'll be able to

get to our profile and messages?

BTW,a hearty thanks to the Admins and Mods for their perseverance!:clap1:

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Same thing has happened to me.............can't access my profile or my messages.

Interesting that these are unavailable now. Earlier when I could not read any of the forums I could still send/receive PMs.

Also, when I click on the icon to take me to unread posts it goes back to post #1.

Sorry folks, we have indeed been having some serious back-end problems. But we're on the mend. It will be a bit while longer before everything is back. Please hang on... sorry for the inconvenience!

~FPN Admin Team

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Sorry folks, we have indeed been having some serious back-end problems. But we're on the mend. It will be a bit while longer before everything is back. Please hang on... sorry for the inconvenience!

~FPN Admin Team

What ever you are doing is beginning to work. I assume that turning 'Search' off is part of the recovery process...

Thanking you all for your (I assume frantic) efforts.

David.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Sorry for the hassles the admin team is enduring with this. Thanks for all you do to maintain this site for us.

Not to cause a panic, but we have been short staffed on the technical side and... well, some things have gone awry as a byproduct of the software upgrade. It is incurring more manual maintenance than previously required. We probably would have stayed on version 2.x if it hadn't been for the vendor discontinuing support for that version--we were forced to upgrade.

Fortunately we have one "on call when available" resource who stepped in (in the middle of his night time too) and helped get FPN off of its knees. If it hadn't been for him, the website could have been inoperable for a lot longer.

Anyway, we'll have a more formal status message about the forum posted soon. Again, sorry for the disappointments. It's been a long day and night back stage at FPN...

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small