Favorite Vanishing Point Finish

RyanL27

I'm curious: what is everyone's favorite standard VP color?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. I'm curious: what is everyone's favorite standard VP color?

• Black
    • Black Carbonesque
    • Blue
    • Blue Carbonesque
    • Red
    • Slate Gray
    • Chrome
    • Green

My VP is a blue carbonesque, but I sort of wish I'd gotten a green one -- I don't quite know why I chose the blue carbonesque. The blue carbonesque is also a lovely finish, though...

There is a green carbonesque that wasn't sold in the US market. Susrely that would be your favourite!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeathnKara

• RyanL27

• Siv

• kiavonne

call me a gray maniac, but my newly arrived gun metal gray VP took the favorite position from the slate gray. It looks simply astonishing to me.

my beauties:

Namiki Sterling Dragon M

Namiki Vanishing Point F - Slate Gray

Rotring Initial F - Electric Blue

Pilot 78g - F, B Stub

After I saw MYU photos I decided I wanted a Raden. LOL No srsly I want one, and ill get one. I love all Namikis. Except the Bambo. Not a fan of those at all.

I have a Raden and I don't use it. THe colour just doesn't work for me, and I think it looks a little too much like it's trying to be something else.

:yikes: Sheer blasphemy! Take it back... NOW! The VP Raden is trying to be itself, nothing else.

;)

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite color is the one I have...Blue.

Dale

"The worst of all fears is the fear of living." Theodore Roosevelt

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.png

My first VP was a black carbonesque, which I bought for myself for Christmas, with a fine and medium nib.

• 3 weeks later...

I like my standard edition yellow best.

Don't let the guy with the broom decide how many elephants are going to be in the parade. - Merlin Mann

• 5 weeks later...

All other things being equal I have to agree with the raden finish - although I don't own one (too expensive).

I was unsure when I ordered my Sesenta and have to admit that I really like the grey marble finish - really nice and more subtle than I was expecting.

For daily use, however, I really like the black carbonesque as it gives must a bit of texture and improves the grip.

A pen a day keeps the doctor away...

Parker "51" flighter; Parker 75 cisele; Conway Stewart Dandy Demonstrator; Aurora 88P chrome; Sailor Sapporo ; Lamy 2000; Lamy 27 double L; Lamy Studio; Pilot Murex; Pilot Sesenta (Red/Grey); Pilot Capless (black carbonesque); Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator; Pilot Volex; Waterman Expert 2000 (slate blue)

I've got the Decimo in the pearl white, and I love it. My wife has the standard Capless in chrome, and I prefer the white - it has a subtle pearly shimmer and depth to it. Shame the standard Capless doesn't come in white.

What is the difference between the Decimo and the standard capless?

What is the difference between the Decimo and the standard capless?

The Décimo has a narrower body.

I'd really like to get one of the Sesentas, though I have several other pens I'd like to get first before I get a second VP.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, this is an old topic but I couldn't resist posting

YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW.

I also have an orange that is alright, but I wish it was more flat orange Crayola and not the slight bit metallic that it is.

I love my blue w/rhodium.

And, of course, Raden. That's the last one that I've gotten. May be my last one for good. Well, until y'all started talking about carbonesque colors that I haven't seen. Grrr.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The rhodium trimmed green has a robinhood-esque look to it which I love.

Yellow takes a close second though, I just ordered one of those on sale today.

http://a.imageshack.us/img826/793/jordanscale2.png

"A pen is certainly an excellent instrument to fix a man's attention and to inflame his ambition."

-John Adams

• 2 weeks later...

my green carbonesque and grey decimo are my favorites, BUT

my wife's red carbonesque is actually the greatest looking capless i have seen...

Power to the peaceful (Michael Franti)

Pouch Partners:

Pilot VP Kasuri (m) & Sailor Red Brown

Pelikan M415 (B) & Pelikan Black Brown mix