Favorite Vanishing Point Finish

RyanL27

I'm curious: what is everyone's favorite standard VP color?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. I'm curious: what is everyone's favorite standard VP color?

• Black
    • Black Carbonesque
    • Blue
    • Blue Carbonesque
    • Red
    • Slate Gray
    • Chrome
    • Green

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeathnKara

• RyanL27

• Siv

• kiavonne

Favorite Vanishing Point Finnish

Now, I wonder when Finland started making VPs :lol: :rolleyes:

:roflmho:

This place is a mighty silly forum this morning. Thanks for the laughs. :ltcapd:

happiness isn't caused

• 1 year later...

Had to abstain from the voting. I just ordered the Black and Red model from Japan. That would have to be my favorite finish. :)

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

C'mon gray lovers unite! Gray is the one!

Well, I'd TAKE and USE a raden...but...apart from raden and the bucks that requires...gray!

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

I bought a chrome 2 weeks ago ... and today, my wife gave me a red one, hehe.

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night --Ginsberg

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. --Buddha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Carrying:

Dani Trio Fellowship (F), TWSBI Diamond 530 (XF), Visconti Opera Granite (B), Sailor Sapporo (F)

I voted green; it's the color I have. I just bought my girlfriend a red one for Valentine's Day. (didn't ship in time, though. should have ordered sooner) :headsmack:

I have my VP in chrome and I love it. It matches the color of my car. It's my best pen (F nib) to write on thin paper in Moleskine notebooks.

Isn't is great when a thread comes back to life!

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

Oh Boy!

I voted the black carbonesque because the Raden was not there!

I also have the Orange (sweet!), the green, the blue carbonesque and the mustard yellow...in spite of the clip at an awkward position.

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

I voted Black carbonesque because that is the one I have. However, had the cost not been so high the Raden would be in my pocket instead. When I first heard about the orange one, I thought EEEWWWW! But after having seen and handled one, I wouldn't mind having one myself.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Oh, my oh my oh my. I just got my black-red finish VP from Japan. This pen went instantly to this-is-my-favorite-and-if-you-touch-it-you-die status. It's going to be my signature pen in more ways than one. I can't take my eyes off the dang thing. They also gave me the nice squeeze converter and the standard ink cartridge. However, they also shipped the pen with an EMPTY cartridge inside. Perfect. I didn't have to flush one out so I could ink it up with Heart of Darkness. I was going to put red-black in it, but changed my mind at the last moment.

Uh, I need to change my vote. Big time.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Oh, my oh my oh my. I just got my black-red finish VP from Japan. This pen went instantly to this-is-my-favorite-and-if-you-touch-it-you-die status. It's going to be my signature pen in more ways than one. I can't take my eyes off the dang thing. They also gave me the nice squeeze converter and the standard ink cartridge. However, they also shipped the pen with an EMPTY cartridge inside. Perfect. I didn't have to flush one out so I could ink it up with Heart of Darkness. I was going to put red-black in it, but changed my mind at the last moment.

Uh, I need to change my vote. Big time.

A Black/Red VP :o Can you show me a picture of it?

I love my VP! I have a large pen collection, but the VP is just so much fun to right with. If you are considering buying, do it!

You just HAD to go and SAY that, didn't you!

---Parker 51 Maroon, Admiral Snorkel Blace, Schaeffer Black and Pearl, Golden Vac Variant, Waterman 52 Ripple, Skyline Blue and Gold, Orange Eclipse Flexy, Green Pelikan M800, Black 1914+ BCHR FW McIntosh. Pilot VP Blue/Rhodium---

A Black/Red VP :o Can you show me a picture of it?

I got it from Ujuku, but I went to their site directly. I didn't realize they had a bay store. I ordered my pen with a fine nib. Here is a link to one with a medium. Colors also come in blue/black, green/black, and grey/black. The pic is good, but not as good as in person. the finish is very beautiful and deep. Deep, as if I could look down into it. High polish. Black and Red Pilot Capless/Vanishing Point from Ujuku

edit: they also had the red (vermeil) kasuri/carbonesque listed. They also have the green kasuri at their website.

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

I voted for black carbonesque - after much deliberating I have finally ordered one. It is being shipped today and I can't wait to get it!

It will be my first VP, though I have a feeling it won't be my last. I really like the look of the deep yellow one as well.

Black with gold trim -- the classic!

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE my old black Namiki with a nice Med. nib from Richard. BTW, there is an orange VP in the classifieds at this moment. I suppose it could be gone, last one sold in something like 4 minutes!

Old threads don't die....they just wait years to come out of a coma! By far, Red Carbonesque is my favorite color, so I'll abstain from voting rather than stuffing the box.

Blue Carbonesque is sharp, and got a lot of compliments, but the Chrome (and other plastic-bodied VP's) gave me a more secure grip than the "glossy" Carbonesque finish. I thought the slight texture of the Carbs would have helped counter that...but not really.