Favorite Vanishing Point Finish

RyanL27

I'm curious: what is everyone's favorite standard VP color?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. I'm curious: what is everyone's favorite standard VP color?

• Black
    • Black Carbonesque
    • Blue
    • Blue Carbonesque
    • Red
    • Slate Gray
    • Chrome
    • Green

The VP seems to one of the most popular pens among FPNers, so I'm just curious as to everyone's preferred color.

I've only ever had the Black/Blue carbonesques, and the blue is probably my favorite. I also really like the look of the chrome, and I'm thinking about that for my next VP (everyone should have two right?).

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."

- Baruch Spinoza

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeathnKara

• RyanL27

• Siv

• kiavonne

The Chrome was my most recent purchase and it is absolutely gorgeous. If you are looking for a classy pen that seems to fit in most situations, I would opt for the chrome! Then again, the black carbonesque is also quite versatile...so is the plain black...so is... :bonk:

Well for you, if you wrestle on, for in persistency lies victory, and with the morning may come the wished-for blessing. But not always; there is a struggle with defeat which some of you will have to bear, and it will be well for you if you have cultivated a cheerful equanimity. Remember, too, that sometimes 'from our desolation only does the better life begin.' Even with disaster ahead, it is better to face them with a smile, and with the head erect, than to crouch at their approach. And, if the fight is for principle and justice, even when failure seems certain, where many have failed before, cling to your ideal, and, like Childe Roland before the dark tower, set the slug-horn to your lips, blow the challenge, and calmly await the conflict.

--"Aequanimitas" William Osler

Valedictory Address, University of Pennsylvania, May 1, 1889

Black is nice, but black carbonesque "feels" nicer. It's my nicest feeling pen...

Doug

Yeah - I didn't include Raden because I figured everyone would choose it and because it's significantly more expensive........oh but it's sweet :drool:

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."

- Baruch Spinoza

I voted for the Blue Carbonesque because it was the color I chose for my first VP. I would chosen the Raden finish had that been in my price range. Mandarin Yellow ranks up there as a favorite too.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

I love my VP! I have a large pen collection, but the VP is just so much fun to right with. If you are considering buying, do it!

Edited by Scottish007

Scottish007

What Would William Wallace Do? (WWWWD)

I really don't care for the carbonesque finishes at all.. I chose chrome simply because it is the most understated of the currently available finishes. Quite sleek in my opinion. VP is my favorite pen that I've ever used!

brh - That's an awesome avatar you have there! Did you make it?

- Baruch Spinoza

Raden is too pimp but yellow isn't? That's a yolk! You have to see it in person--it's very subtle!

Dan

Are black and blue the only two colors in the carbonesque finish?

Heath

Arguing with an engineer is a lot like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while, you realize the pig likes it.

Geaux Tigers!

Are black and blue the only two colors in the carbonesque finish?

Heath

I believe there are green and red Carbonesque VPs available in the Japanese market, which you could purchase from Ujuku's pen shop. I don't know what the new Iced Blue LE will look like, but I suppose it could be a Carbonesque finnish as well.

Edited by RyanL27

- Baruch Spinoza

Do you have a link for Ujuku's pen shop?

Heath

Arguing with an engineer is a lot like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while, you realize the pig likes it.

Geaux Tigers!

Yellow, yellow, yellow! The only Vanishing Point I have is yellow! I love it! It is a real attention getter! And recently I bumped it up a notch by investing it with one of Richard Binders left-foot cursive italic nibs! Yum! :D

Scott.

Thanks for the link. I think the yellow capless looks great. I don't understand the differences in the capless pens that causes the big variation in cost. Anyone understand the codes? Also, anyone have an idea what it costs to ship from Japan? I would hate to order one and have shipping add 25% to the cost. Thanks for the info.

Heath

Geaux Tigers!