Montblanc White Forest 2009 Seasons Greetings ink

PenTieRun

Just noticed that the Montblanc refill site now lists the White Forest at $16. Many people have been waiting for this, so I thought I'd send along the info. Go crazy!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hollyuk

• tfwall

• agchristie

• droopydog500

Is it just me, or is that price pretty steep?

Eh. The regular 50ml bottles are $12.50ish. These are 30ml, but a limited edition with a smaller production run -- higher production costs+limited edition desirability... $16 doesn't seem too far out of what one would expect. It's a good color. The bottle is pretty but not very functional. Mostly I wonder if they fixed the quality control issues that it seems like they had with the 2008 production.

- Evan

I've been waiting for this, but also found on Facebook today that Pear Tree Pens has De Atramentis (sp?) holiday inks - including a green that smells like fir tree boughs....also a dark brown that smells like coffee(not their regular scented ink) and another that smells like that weird candy that only a German could like(tho I'm German mostly and don't like it)...marzipan. Not a big supply of these, I understand....they also have CdA Colors of the Earth inks for $15.

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

I have a bottle of the green - however if I was to choose I would go for the 2007 deep red with vanilla scent - having said that I have a bottle of the 'seasons greetings' 2009 and it is a really nice green. Have been using it as an every day ink since I got it.

My five rules for living:

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

My pens: MB Greta Garbo; MB 149; MB Mozart; Lamy Safari; Lamy Al-Star; Lamy Joy

My work: Bid Writing, Copywriting and more!

I have a bottle of the green - however if I was to choose I would go for the 2007 deep red with vanilla scent - having said that I have a bottle of the 'seasons greetings' 2009 and it is a really nice green. Have been using it as an every day ink since I got it.

What do you think of the scent? Is it subtle or is it obnoxious?

Eh. The regular 50ml bottles are $12.50ish. These are 30ml, but a limited edition with a smaller production run -- higher production costs+limited edition desirability... $16 doesn't seem too far out of what one would expect. It's a good color. The bottle is pretty but not very functional. Mostly I wonder if they fixed the quality control issues that it seems like they had with the 2008 production.

Before I buy a bottle to write in the books I am giving for Christmas, what were these issues?

Actually the pine scent os rather subtle - so much so that I rarely smell it other than when I am filling the pen. Mine certainly has no staying power! But then I haven't found a scented ink that has any staying power!

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

Before I buy a bottle to write in the books I am giving for Christmas, what were these issues?

Just to say I haven't had any issues with my ink which is this years stock. I believe there were some last year (have no direct experience so can't comment) but the word is that they have this sorted which is why it was re-released. My thought is that with all the new inks coming out - probably early next year - they didn't want to use more resources creating a new Seasons Greetings ink this Christmas.

The bottle I got last year was very strongly scented like Pinesol.

There was some sort of manufacturing issue that resulted in floaters in the bottle. The bottles themselves were not well sealed (something about the wax paper inserts in the lid) and many people received ink soaked packages.

I've already ordered my second bottle. It is now about 20% less expensive than it was a year ago. And way more expensive than in the States.

Hmm

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

here in germany it still costs 29Euros which is about $45 I think. Why is it far more expensive here? Does anyone know how much it costs in England? maybe I could have it shipped cheaply.

I have been looking for this colour for ages, perfect for Christmas Cards!

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

here in germany it still costs 29Euros which is about $45 I think. Why is it far more expensive here? Does anyone know how much it costs in England? maybe I could have it shipped cheaply.

I have been looking for this colour for ages, perfect for Christmas Cards!

I thought it was less than £10 in the UK which is around $15 / 11 euros?

I have a feeling I paid £16 for it in the UK. I got mine from Wheelers Luxury Goods. They have a website, but it's not listed on there - they order it in for you and post it free of postage charges.

I just received a greeting card written in this colour. (the Browne) It is absolutely lovely.

I generally prefer "unscented" ink, but I'm fine with scented as long as it does not interfere with the viscosity of the ink.

...For desire is the cruelest pain. -Jill Tracy

Function determines structure. -Dr Glenn Doman

"Left-handers of the world, unite!" -Janus Zarate: League of Left-Handers, brassgoggles.co.uk

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png