Most precious writing instrument in the world

Vadim Zhuravlev

Call me a cynic and a party pooper, but if Montblanc truly wanted to show "unconditional dedication and passion to the handwritten word", they'd also make school pens, and pens that cost less than a mortgage payment.

A good point, well put.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mille

• tanburi

• encre

• Glenn-SC

Call me a cynic and a party pooper, but if Montblanc truly wanted to show "unconditional dedication and passion to the handwritten word", they'd also make school pens, and pens that cost less than a mortgage payment.

A good point, well put.

¡Bravo¡ and write the same as 50 dollars fp.

yep, it definitely looks like a cucumber. *lol*

My Husbands Guide to "Flushing" a Fountain Pen.

"I took it to the bathroom first and let it rinse out"

"stuck the tip in the toilet and let the swirly water wash it (the ink) away"

My Blog: Stolen Moments - reviews of various things (mostly notebook/journals, but not very many atm)

Happens to write? I want proof that it actually is a good writer before I ink it. But actually it looks mass produced, and when I think about it I am sure I have seen a similar one in a catalogue. Perhaps Montblank steals the design from Pilot?

The pen is mighter than the sword. Support Wikileaks!

Gee you guys and gals are a bit tough on it, and really....what else would you do with 1.5 million? And just think what a great accessory it would make to the "Hummer" and how nicely it would sit in the pocket of the Versace suit beside the Hero and Bic..

You know, you can't beat sheer quality and taste.

Posted by "ordering one now Hugh"

Thank goodness I'm not trying to prove something. Now, if it was in sapphire with black diamonds that were endowed with the enslaved souls of demons...then yeah, I'd see that as an awesome deal. It sure would make getting my thesis done a lot easier.

....DEMON! PROOF READ MY THESIS!

....DEMON! DO YOU THINK I SHOULD USE A CREAM OR A LIGHT BLUE BACKGROUND FOR THE PRESENTATION?

....DEMON! FETCH ME SOME WATER!

....DEMON! Uh, oh never mind. I forgot what I needed. BE OFF WITH YOU!

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

Fugly.

Pelikan 140 OB

Pelikan M605 blue F

Pelikan M200 transparent (Demonstrator Japan) M

Pelikan Level 65 yellow M

Pelikan Level 65 red B  

Pelikan Go! black/magenta M

Pelikan Go! black/petrol M

Pelikan M70/Go! (C/C) magenta B

Pelikan Steno red (70s)

Lamy Safari charcoal 1.5 mm italic

Lamy Safari yellow EF

Lamy Vista Eyedropper 1.9 mm italic

Reform P 120

2x Reform 1745

A good point, well put.

ABSOLUTE TRUTH

Cogitamus non ideam sed per ideam.

But wait! If you order now, they will include a personalized feather duster and 3 Ginzu knives. /Craig

Craig that actually made me laugh out loud... this is not a good thing as I'm sitting in the library. All the undergrad are looking at me funny. :mellow:

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

I also like it, but what is the price? The stones are worth maybe two thousand, tops, and that is assuming the main diamond on the cap is flawless. Is it more than $3,000? If so it is a rip-off. If they could crank these out with Swarovski crystals for about $200 each I would buy one.

Edited by Kimo

Hmm, I bet it costs only about $100,000 USD to make.

Is the nib retractable? It looks like it's only partially uncovered in the photo.

The sword is mightier than the pen. However, swords are now obsolete whereas pens are not.

-Unknown

But wait! If you order now, they will include a personalized feather duster and 3 Ginzu knives. /Craig

Craig that actually made me laugh out loud... this is not a good thing as I'm sitting in the library. All the undergrad are looking at me funny. :mellow:

My appologies to the students <grin> /Craig

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html

The only thing MB doesnt tell you is that the only ink compatible with this pickle is from an extinct octopus.

"Let us cross over the river and sit in the shade of the trees." Final words of General 'Stonewall' Jackson (d.1863) when killed in error by his own troops at the battle of Chancellorsville.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Most precious... right. I have a pen made with solid platinum trim made from metal mined from the center of Mars with a solid diamond barrel. and there is also a bridge I'd like to sell you. Most expensive? yes, most precious? no. For someone who's got a pen handed down to them from their great-great-grandfather, that is precious. For a student who's scraping by with a Lamy Safari for absolutely everything throughout their educational career, that pen is precious. It's what a certain pen means to us as individuals that make it precious, not what kind of rarity we can stuff into it that determines a pens true worth.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

I believe it is indeed pretentious to call that "writing instrument". Maybe piece of jewelery (I will restrain myself of making a judgment like pretty or not)...