pen clubs in Holland ?

Dutchpen

a vulpenbeurs in Barneveld? do you have any info? i would love to go next year..

Lennard

Hi Lennard,

I don't know anymore where/who/what it was, but I marked the date in my agenda: May 29, 2010 in Barneveld.

Bert

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'

TheToadMen on Twitter (I'm on holiday August 1 - 16)

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/di_orang.jpg http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/cd_amazo.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTravelingShoe

• Dutchpen

• RMN

• Gub

is het niet een idee om in een topic waar alleen Nederlanders naar kijken in het Dutch te schrijven?

is het niet een idee om in een topic waar alleen Nederlanders naar kijken in het Dutch te schrijven?

The question asked (in Dutch), is if it is a good idea to write in Dutch in this topic, because only Dutch speaking people are reading it?

I thought the same thing thing. It feels a bit silly to write in English knowing the other person is also Dutch.

But then: this is an international forum and I think everyone should be able to read all postings.

What if a foreigner wants to visit Holland and see our good FP stores? He would miss all this good info?

So - still feeling a bit silly - I'm happy to post in english and use the PM for personal conversations in Dutch.

Bert

BTW: are there any NDSFPU (non-Dutch-speaking-fountain-pen-users) reading this post at all ????

http://www.habermehl.nl/contents/media/l_120.0929.jpg

Edited by TheToadMen

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'

TheToadMen on Twitter (I'm on holiday August 1 - 16)

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/di_orang.jpg http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/cd_amazo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

And talk about pens.

Of course there was this session at a pen store last month I think (forgetting time, too busy :D), where Gub and I met up :D.

There wil be another one of these towards the end of November, beginning of December. I will have a (limited) supply of FPN inks with me as well, (they arrived 1 week after the fact this time, unfortunately), and as before I will do nib and flow adjustment, smoothing, etc. for free, provided it is a simple job. For more complicated jobs we need to make an appointment, or draw up a plan :D.

BTW, for those of you interested, it will be on a Saturday, in Heerlen, Limburg, quite close to the railway station, and there will likely be discounts on (fountain) pens, anything in store or ordered right then and there.

I have no specific liaison with the store, BTW, other than that I am a satisfied customer, a stip-o-holic, and like to promote the Fountain Pen Network, which the owners of the store allow me to do :D.

Warm regards, Wim

Hi Wim

I am certainly interested. I find one happening per year a bit meagre (Tilburg Penshow, next saturday (sept 25 in the Scryption-museum for who does not know this yet). So I welcome such an event. But beginning of december is a bit tricky because of Sinterklaas?

Where in Heerlen will that be? (name of the shop?)

Please keep me informed of the event?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

To add an up and coming shop (was a webshop and now also B&M-shop): La Couronne du Comte. The owner, Dennis van de Graaf, is rapidly expanding his range. I am quite happy with his service. (no afilliation apart from happy customer...)

D.ick

~

~

oh yeah, next saturday it's 25th september. i'm looking forward to it for a year.

i still think it would be nice to start some kind of penclub/meeting maybe we can try it at least.

Maybe april is a good month, the pen shop in Laren (NH) called Appelboom has a pennen-maand in April, almost every pen has a discount of 30% except for montblanc.

Lennard

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

Is he still carrying Montblanc? I hear MB ditched many of their salespoints last month. They are going for the "Boutique"-model. Shop in Leeuwarden was selling off their stock when I visited the city end of August...

Not that I'm overly fond of MB.. Quality pens but I'm not charmed by the "sterrencapsones"

D.ick

~

~

• 11 years later...

Hi, everyone,

I just found this thread and am wondering if there is more activity around fountain pen meetups. I know @wimg, @DvdRiet@TheDutchGuy, @RMN, @Dutchpen, and many others living in the Netherlands are very active on FPN, so perhaps meeting once every few months or even every month wouldn't be that bad. Perhaps it's already being done and I've just missed it. If so, please let me (and others) know. 

I've never joined this kind of meetup before, so I don't know if I (or others) would enjoy it, but we could model a pen club on, e.g., what the Vancouver Pen Club does. I bumped into it while looking for more details on the Waterman early vintage series and found the summary of their June 2019 meetup inspiring. I'm less interested in showing off, but one clear advantage is that we could all see, touch, and maybe even briefly test many more pens that we could buy. What is too expensive for each of us could become affordable collectively. Sharing is caring.

Comments and ideas are most welcome!

8 hours ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Hi, everyone,

I just found this thread and am wondering if there is more activity around fountain pen meetups. I know @wimg, @DvdRiet@TheDutchGuy, @RMN, @Dutchpen, and many others living in the Netherlands are very active on FPN, so perhaps meeting once every few months or even every month wouldn't be that bad. Perhaps it's already being done and I've just missed it. If so, please let me (and others) know. 

I've never joined this kind of meetup before, so I don't know if I (or others) would enjoy it, but we could model a pen club on, e.g., what the Vancouver Pen Club does. I bumped into it while looking for more details on the Waterman early vintage series and found the summary of their June 2019 meetup inspiring. I'm less interested in showing off, but one clear advantage is that we could all see, touch, and maybe even briefly test many more pens that we could buy. What is too expensive for each of us could become affordable collectively. Sharing is caring.

Comments and ideas are most welcome!

Because of Covid, activities have been low. The Tilburg Penshow was cancelled in 2020 and 2021. Not sure about 2022.

There was a new penshow in Utrecht summer 2019, Cancelled for 2020, and they had a meeting in 2021.

I have seen it mentioned there will be one in 2022 on June 12th. (but that is hearsay, I have seen no confirmation from the organisers.

Furthermore there was a group of Dutch penfriends who convened a few times per year prior to Covid. They have a FB group "Fountain Pens the Netherlands". You might join the group?

Dick

~

~

Thanks for the prompt and detailed answer, Dick (@RMN).

I hope the hearsay materializes and the pen show takes place on, why not?, June 12. I'm wondering how we could get a confirmation; I don't even know where to look and so I missed the 2021 event. 

I did not know about the Facebook group. I have a Facebook account but have been staying away from it for several years now, primarily to avoid the unfiltered noise and vitriol. I'll think about re-joining, but this is good information. (The trouble with making movies is that you never look at them in the same way again, and often you notice all the problems when you're in a theater watching with friends or family; the trouble with being a computer scientist working to understand and improve large-scale computing infrastructure, e.g., of the kind Facebook uses, is that I can never look at their use without thinking about their issues.) 

Although the Facebook group is good for online discussion, the question of whether there are physical meetups to share each others' pens - and, if not, if there are enough of us who want to have such meetups - remains open.

Comments are most welcome. 

37 minutes ago, OldTravelingShoe said:

Thanks for the prompt and detailed answer, Dick (@RMN).

I hope the hearsay materializes and the pen show takes place on, why not?, June 12. I'm wondering how we could get a confirmation; I don't even know where to look and so I missed the 2021 event. 

The show will probably take place again this year.

https://www.dutchpenshow.com

From what I heard from last year's participants, it is very worthwhile to attend; apparently the Dutch Pen Show is bigger than anything that takes place in Germany on this topic.
I will definitely go!

You will be forgiven that you cannot, but never more that you do not want to.

7 hours ago, Jan Mathijs Rijck said:

The show will probably take place again this year.

https://www.dutchpenshow.com

From what I heard from last year's participants, it is very worthwhile to attend; apparently the Dutch Pen Show is bigger than anything that takes place in Germany on this topic.
I will definitely go!

Very nice, @Jan Mathijs Rijck, thanks for sharing. I am also aiming to be there - separately from the idea of a Dutch Pens Meetup. 

I was not able to find a way to buy tickets yet, so I asked over email the organizers if there is something open in this sense. I will keep you posted if I find out more.

Looks like we have a new reason to cheer in June! 

On 4/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, OldTravelingShoe said:

Very nice, @Jan Mathijs Rijck, thanks for sharing. I am also aiming to be there - separately from the idea of a Dutch Pens Meetup. 

I was not able to find a way to buy tickets yet, so I asked over email the organizers if there is something open in this sense. I will keep you posted if I find out more.

Looks like we have a new reason to cheer in June! 

Yeah, I found confirmation later. 

On their webpage they mention that online ticket sales will commence sometime in May. (as yet unspecified)

D.ick

~

~

@RMN, all, I got a prompt reply from the organizers, confirming (i) the event will take place in June, in the Van der Valk Hotel Utrecht Winthontlaan 4, 3526 KV Utrecht, (ii) the tickets will be available in May, and (iii) they will announce the opening of ticket sales on their Facebook and Instagram pages. This is good, but I guess not news. 

So... We will just have to hit refresh many times, and keep each other posted. 

Well, just follow them on fb or insta and you’ll know on time. But last year’s event was sold out so do act quick.

No FB or IG (on principle) so I guess I'll just have to keep checking the site. I missed out last time because I didn't realize I needed to order in advance and by the time I found out, it was indeed sold out.

Also, I have no idea if it is still on, but at the cancellation of the pen show in Tilburg last year (never been to that one either), they did announce the date for 2022: September 24th.

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

Hehe, “on principle”. I like instagram, never ever post anything myself, but follow plenty: brands, people,  trends, stuff (“natureismetal” for instance), pens (!) - you should give it a try…

59 minutes ago, Linger said:

Hehe, “on principle”. I like instagram, never ever post anything myself, but follow plenty: brands, people,  trends, stuff (“natureismetal” for instance), pens (!) - you should give it a try…

I used to have an IG and I will agree there is lots of interesting stuff on there, but as long as it is owned by FB, my principle stands. ;)

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

1 hour ago, DvdRiet said:

No FB or IG (on principle) so I guess I'll just have to keep checking the site.

Same here, @DvdRiet. But, to be clear: I do have an FB account, I just don't use it. Never got on the IG train, I guess I've learned too much about the previous (general) social networks I joined... 

If any of you live near the border (Limburg), there will be a first small fountain pen regulars' table in Düsseldorf after the pandemic on Thursday, 5.5.2022.

19:00 hrs at the Brauereiausschank Frankenheim
Wielandstraße 14
40211 Düsseldorf (city centre, near Wehrhahn)

For better planning it would be very nice if you send me a PN if you plan to attend.

The language will of course be German, but I'm sure English and Dutch will be no problem.

You will be forgiven that you cannot, but never more that you do not want to.