pen clubs in Holland ?

Dutchpen

I was wondering if there are any pen clubs in Holland.

Does someone know if there are some?

thanks

Lennard

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldTravelingShoe

• Dutchpen

• RMN

• Gub

• 3 weeks later...

Me neither...

Maybe you should start one??

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png fpn_1315221373__inkdroplogofpn.jpg

Well, I meant Lennard, as he started the thread :)

But, feel free to do so Gub ;)

To be true, I have no idea what a penclub does either, haha!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png fpn_1315221373__inkdroplogofpn.jpg

Hi

I too have not heard of a Dutch pen-club.

The only "event" here is the annual Tilburg Penshow in the Scription end of september.

I am not sure what to expect of a penclub...??

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

actually kind of funny that we dutch people now talk over a penclub, but none of us had any idea what it is and does for its members.

Thnx btw fot mentioning the penevent in Tilburg, till now never heard of it.

good question,

what does a penclub do...

• 1 month later...

And talk about pens.

Of course there was this session at a pen store last month I think (forgetting time, too busy :D), where Gub and I met up :D.

There wil be another one of these towards the end of November, beginning of December. I will have a (limited) supply of FPN inks with me as well, (they arrived 1 week after the fact this time, unfortunately), and as before I will do nib and flow adjustment, smoothing, etc. for free, provided it is a simple job. For more complicated jobs we need to make an appointment, or draw up a plan :D.

BTW, for those of you interested, it will be on a Saturday, in Heerlen, Limburg, quite close to the railway station, and there will likely be discounts on (fountain) pens, anything in store or ordered right then and there.

I have no specific liaison with the store, BTW, other than that I am a satisfied customer, a stip-o-holic, and like to promote the Fountain Pen Network, which the owners of the store allow me to do :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Anyone know if there are any good penshops in Almere?

Sorry I know its out of context of this post...

No, unfortunately, is the answer. Amsterdam and Zwolle come to mind as ones with good pen shops, but I am afraid that is as close as it gets, AFAIK. You could also consider Utrecht (less good), or PW Akkerman in The Hague (the best currently, when it comes to selection of pens, inks, etc.).

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Appelboom boeken & vulpennen in Laren (near Almere) - www.appelboom.com/pennen.html

Some other stores I've been to:

De Roos in Heemstede (very nice) - http://www.vulpenspeciaalzaak.nl/

De inktpot in Deventer, Broederenstraat 47 (very friendly)

Penshop in Nijmegen - http://www.penshopnijmegen.nl/

kantoorboekhandel Meijer en Siegers in Oosterbeek - http://www.meijer-siegers.nl

Mevri in Maastricht is a very good (old) store, but I believe they ended their business recently??

There is also store in Arnhem, but I haven't been there yet: www.vulpenhuis.nl

There was a "vulpenbeurs" (=FP event) in Barneveld a month ago but I didn't have the time to go there.

I live near Apeldoorn.

Bert

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'

TheToadMen on Twitter (I'm on holiday August 1 - 16)

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/di_orang.jpg http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/cd_amazo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

And talk about pens.

Of course there was this session at a pen store last month I think (forgetting time, too busy :D), where Gub and I met up :D.

There wil be another one of these towards the end of November, beginning of December. I will have a (limited) supply of FPN inks with me as well, (they arrived 1 week after the fact this time, unfortunately), and as before I will do nib and flow adjustment, smoothing, etc. for free, provided it is a simple job. For more complicated jobs we need to make an appointment, or draw up a plan :D.

BTW, for those of you interested, it will be on a Saturday, in Heerlen, Limburg, quite close to the railway station, and there will likely be discounts on (fountain) pens, anything in store or ordered right then and there.

I have no specific liaison with the store, BTW, other than that I am a satisfied customer, a stip-o-holic, and like to promote the Fountain Pen Network, which the owners of the store allow me to do :D.

Warm regards, Wim

...which store, if one might ask?

• 2 weeks later...

the store in Arnhem is not that great. The "adjusted" my pen so mucht, that Wimg needed over 1 week to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

there are only a couple stores who sells pens:

triade juweliers (stadshart) montblanc

bruna (stadshart) parker, waterman lamy.

primera (buitenmere) parker, diplomat, visconti, cross)

de ark, was a penstore but is gone for 2 years now.

silverwing, PM me for further details about other penstores close to Almere, i also live in Almere and we can meet once if you want.

Lennard

Appelboom boeken & vulpennen in Laren (near Almere) - www.appelboom.com/pennen.html

Some other stores I've been to:

De Roos in Heemstede (very nice) - http://www.vulpenspeciaalzaak.nl/

De inktpot in Deventer, Broederenstraat 47 (very friendly)

Penshop in Nijmegen - http://www.penshopnijmegen.nl/

kantoorboekhandel Meijer en Siegers in Oosterbeek - http://www.meijer-siegers.nl

Mevri in Maastricht is a very good (old) store, but I believe they ended their business recently??

There is also store in Arnhem, but I haven't been there yet: www.vulpenhuis.nl

There was a "vulpenbeurs" (=FP event) in Barneveld a month ago but I didn't have the time to go there.

I live near Apeldoorn.

Bert

a vulpenbeurs in Barneveld? do you have any info? i would love to go next year..

Lennard

if there is interest we could start with a meeting??? and discuss everything about pens and ink.

maybe selling, buying and trading is a option too ??

at least we can drink coffee....