Let's see your watch and fountain pen photos

BostonWIS

Quick photo from my cell phone taken just a few mins ago.

My newest pen with my oldest watch.

Pen: Pilot Elite - NOS, Late70s/Early-Mid 80s, Extra-Fine, Made in Korea under license.

Watch: Seiko 5  - Production date March 1989, Cal. 7009, Used to be my dad's watch.

20201207_172317.jpg

Edited by EmptyNoise

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shangas

• winedoc

• da vinci

• George.A

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

That's a great thread - combining two of my interests. I really liked browsing your photos.

Here is my first take on the topic; A bit older photo from my archives, but I still like the Bauhaus-style of both the Lamy 2000 and the Junghans Max Bill (ref: 027/3500.00).

45005501765_3d5d00e3b1_k.thumb.jpg.d22e62a9567957c886043eab3b349ee9.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

figured i could throw these double posted images in here...

Samurai and "51" Flighter

large.IMG_2415-2.jpg.00320706ee20cf78447

Triumph TM Touchdown and Wittnauer Alarm

large.IMG_2768-4.jpg.f99223fe78b34154d83

Turtle and "51" Vac Demis

large.571089771_turtleanddemiscopy-4.jpg

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

On 5/25/2021 at 8:51 PM, nickant said:

I've tried various ways to upload an image with no luck so far.

Yes, I've read the instructions on the first page...

I'll put the link here for now and edit it if I can figure this out.

https://flic.kr/p/2m1FByM

Nice match!

the 75 is on my "need to try and get" list

I'm happy with how my latest pen addition, a Pelikan M800 Brown-Black, mates up with what I'm wearing on my wrist today...

1550429412_M800B-B_L.E..jpeg.thumb.JPG.3ea84fd4e49aacb0eee233c8caea73e9.JPG

...or at least how well it matches the alligator strap on what I'm wearing today.

very nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Old photo taken more than 10 years ago, 1970 Omega integrated bracelet Constellation with MB149 and Conklin Nozac demo

35483915153_a8dca201e2.jpg

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 1 month later...

That's a nice Omega, George.  I'd love to find a Constellation someday.

Here are a couple pieces from the early 1950s.  A teal Parker 51 from 1951 and an Omega Seamaster from 1952.  I don't think the watch was ever worn, as the sticker is still on the back.  

S8yxuiT.jpg

w5NrNP6.jpg

Xmu1COR.jpg

WeMyRBF.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2013 at 6:17 AM, NoodlersFan said:

What about some pen and ink video?

I've recently become a fountain pen and ink fan, and I had a little fun imagining what it would be like if my Noodler's Dragon's Napalm ink came to life:

To get the ink drop up close I used a 100 mm macro lens for some of the shots.

All of this is live action - no CG or animation is used.

I hope the purists don't object - some science tricks were used to add...unusual character to the ink for this clip.

That's amazing! Did you add iron shavings and use a magnet, or add something to make it non-Newtonian? Either way, brilliant! You also must be a very patient person :-)

- P. 

• 1 month later...