Let's see your watch and fountain pen photos

BostonWIS

Very nice pen! You're making me wanna buy one!

I debated a while what my next grail pen would be. I am very happy with it.

Edited by max dog

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shangas

• winedoc

• da vinci

• George.A

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a sterling reputation

33625830991_561653d00d_b.jpg

A small sterling silver Parker with a sterling silver Rolex Prince.

Beautiful! Both of them.

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My most recent. I have no idea what kind of watch it is. It came with a watch chain I got out of Argentina. I think it cost me about $5.

fpn_1507975603__daily_pens_watches_1.jpg

OS Vacumatic paired with Rolex Prince clone from the 30s.

Enjoy,

Morgan

post-97312-0-92523000-1508254925_thumb.jpg

Edited by morganschmidt

• 3 months later...

The no nonsense combo:

fpn_1485049811__timex_pen_combo_2.jpg

"Takes a licking and keeps on ticking" circa 1974 Timex auto (recently serviced and keeping good time) and 69 Sheaffer No Nonsense.

fpn_1518883667__max_dog.jpg

That's really nice Tom!. There is beauty in the simplicity of the Timex and Sheaffer isn't there.

~ max dog:

Thank you! When I saw your photo I couldn't resist making an homage.

Yours truly has been a life-long Timex user. I don't wear wristwatches, but rather carry them in the pocket.

During classes the Timex is discreetly placed on a table-top to remind me of the remaining time, so that the lessons end when the bell rings.

Universities here are strictly regimented in various aspects, including class duration.

The brown Sheaffer No-Nonsense dates back to my own days as an undergraduate.

It still writes well without any issues, after having been misplaced and forgotten in a box for more than three decades.

Combining the two reflects the lasting values of the basic in life.

It was a nice surprise to find that you felt likewise.

Tom K.

Tom, I adore that Sheaffer. They don't make them like that any more.

http://burningsmell.org/images/arrange.jpg

Waterman Phileas, and a Hamilton 992 of some kind.

~ max dog:

Thank you! When I saw your photo I couldn't resist making an homage.

Yours truly has been a life-long Timex user. I don't wear wristwatches, but rather carry them in the pocket.

During classes the Timex is discreetly placed on a table-top to remind me of the remaining time, so that the lessons end when the bell rings.

Universities here are strictly regimented in various aspects, including class duration.

The brown Sheaffer No-Nonsense dates back to my own days as an undergraduate.

It still writes well without any issues, after having been misplaced and forgotten in a box for more than three decades.

Combining the two reflects the lasting values of the basic in life.

It was a nice surprise to find that you felt likewise.

Tom K.

Tom

My first watch I ever owned was a Timex I found in the play ground when I was 10 years old. It kind of looked like yours but was a mechanical wind up kind. It was in poor shape but I treasured it. So I've always liked Timex, and love the modern ones with the Indiglo. I have 3 of them including the vintage one in the photo.

The brown Sheaffer No Nonsense was my mom's. It is one of the few personal items of hers I have that I can use still that means the world to me since she passed away a couple of years ago. The nib was in bad shape, so got a new nib unit for it, and it writes nicely and reliably.

Tom, I adore that Sheaffer. They don't make them like that any more.

Waterman Phileas, and a Hamilton 992 of some kind.

~ Corona688:

Thank you for your positive comment about the Sheaffer No Nonsense pen.

Mine was used from high school graduation and early college until my mid-20s.

It was then packed away in a move to graduate school, but somehow forgotten.

Decades passed, with the tin box in which it was packed moving with me from place to place.

Looking for something else it was found last year along with my first fountain pen from high school, a black and chrome Sheaffer Cartridge Pen.

Such reliable fountain pens lose nothing with the passage of decades.

Thank you also for the Waterman and Hamilton image. Both are beautiful classics.

Tom K.

Tom

My first watch I ever owned was a Timex I found in the play ground when I was 10 years old. It kind of looked like yours but was a mechanical wind up kind. It was in poor shape but I treasured it. So I've always liked Timex, and love the modern ones with the Indiglo. I have 3 of them including the vintage one in the photo.

The brown Sheaffer No Nonsense was my mom's. It is one of the few personal items of hers I have that I can use still that means the world to me since she passed away a couple of years ago. The nib was in bad shape, so got a new nib unit for it, and it writes nicely and reliably.

~ max dog:

Finding a Timex would have been a major event, had it happened during my childhood.

As it was, the gift of Timex wristwatches from my parents provided me with a sense of being more grown-up, despite being no more than an awkward kid.

To this day I've never used any wristwatch but a Timex. They time student speeches in classrooms, tell me in the early hours how near it is to time to rise, and are reliable indicators of when my lectures need to conclude.

The Indiglo feature is invaluable for me as there are situations where no light is available.

I'm so pleased that your mom's Sheaffer No Nonsense serves as a living link with her. The same pen in different hands, reliably expressing feelings. That's wonderful.

Thank you for explaining this, which means a lot to me.

Tom K.

Hi all,

Thanks for shearing all these nice pens and watches !

Here a few of mine :

My IWC Pilot and kingsize CAiSO Bulkfiller

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/2017-11-142014.18.03-4.jpg

Montblanc watch with kingsize Bulkfiller prototype in Arco brown.

Pen equipped with a Montblanc 149 nib for this occasion !

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/2017-11-142015.33.32.jpg

Hi all,

Thanks for shearing all these nice pens and watches !

Here a few of mine :

My IWC Pilot and kingsize CAiSO Bulkfiller

Montblanc watch with kingsize Bulkfiller prototype in Arco brown.

Pen equipped with a Montblanc 149 nib for this occasion !

~ fountainbel:

Both photos are beautiful, with fine timepieces and pens.

A new life for a Montblanc 149 nib — wow!

It's delightful to see such high quality work.

Thank you for posting these.

Tom K.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice collections ladies and gentlemen! Here one of mine: SILVER WEEK ...

Other to follow later on: rotations, you know ...
2018-03-16-seiko5-parkerclassi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...