Let's see your watch and fountain pen photos

BostonWIS

My name is Ian. I like shiny metal stuff. It does not make me a bad person. (my bank manager may differ on that statement) :embarrassed_smile:

fpn_1346149065__rolex1.jpg

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shangas

• winedoc

• da vinci

• George.A

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My latest daily combo, MB 146P OBB, 36mm Eco-Drive

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

• 2 weeks later...

Montblanc squared.... :thumbup:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/barkerdj/P1000484_zps868a2549.jpg

Edited by Pensively

David

• 1 month later...

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean with old Montblanc 149/Buck Knife

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz218/Valaccar/P1020582.jpg

Breitling Titanium Chrono Avenger Auto, MB 149/Kershaw/Ken Onion Knife

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz218/Valaccar/P1020566-1.jpg

Bell and Ross Desert Type Chrono/MB 149

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz218/Valaccar/P1020648.jpg

This is my great-grandfather's leather letter folder. My hand is showing with one of the letters that he wrote to his son, who was my grandfather in 1934. I have the same name - as shown in the letter and on the envelope. We are fond of our heritage and tradition. My first name has been the dominant family name for us over 500 years. The watch is my Omega Seamaster Calendar which is what I wear every day. It still keeps reasonable time and only gets a service every three years or so. The pen is a Parker with no. 5 stamped on the nib. It is one of my daily writers that I carry to work and back.

post-94357-0-46579200-1352759725.jpg

Edited by hermanlab

“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”

― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums

This is my great-grandfather's leather letter folder. My hand is showing with one of the letters that he wrote to his son, who was my grandfather in 1934. I have the same name - as shown in the letter and on the envelope. We are fond of our heritage and tradition. My first name has been the dominant family name for just over 500 years. The watch is my Omega Seamaster Calendar which is what I wear every day. It still keeps reasonable time and only gets a service every three years or so. The pen is a Parker with no. 5 stamped on the nib. It is one of my daily writers that I carry to work and back.

“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”

― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums

Here is the picture of my pen (Hero 336, Journal & my watch)

http://i46.tinypic.com/t0ouxk.jpg

Krishnan R

Chennai India

My every day carry is a bit utilitarian. I have a Vanishing Point, a Pelikan M200 & a Phileas, but the Safari is by far my favorite, with its 1.1mm nib. The Mallard watch I purchased at a local jeweler. And my Spyderco Dragonfly for opening packages and peeling fruit. I'm really quite harmless.

http://farm9.staticf...2660c0eaf_b.jpg

Edited by GregPQ

Lamy Safari 1.1mm stub

Pilot VP w/Binder .6mm stub

Pelikan M200 F

Pelikan M215 Italic

Waterman Phileas

• 4 weeks later...

post-80469-0-45447200-1355809594.jpg

How great to see someone using a pocket watch. It's a shame really that they are no longer as popular as they used to be. It would be irresistible to see a modern, not limited edition, pocket watch from Omega again.

Regards,

Halid

My combo for the day:

147 Sterling Solitare and my Eco-Drive

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

My name is Ian. I like shiny metal stuff. It does not make me a bad person. (my bank manager may differ on that statement) :embarrassed_smile:

fpn_1346149065__rolex1.jpg

Hello Ian,

The watch, bracelet and FPs are quite opulent. Only a 'demonstrator' is lacking :roflmho:

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

Hello all,

I considered the purchase of a watch (see first photo via my link) of which only seven were produced. Seven is my lucky number! Unfortunately I was just to late :ltcapd: Just kidding. So, I bought another one see photo 2. I already had a classic watch with a leather strap. Before this simple leather strap there were quite a few croco straps, but they all broke.

I have added some more photos :roflmho:

With love,

goldenkrishna

https://picasaweb.google.com/108626573944869225100/2012121818122012?authkey=Gv1sRgCIzQmP2FwaeuYw#My link

Ik tik

post-80469-0-45447200-1355809594.jpg

How great to see someone using a pocket watch. It's a shame really that they are no longer as popular as they used to be. It would be irresistible to see a modern, not limited edition, pocket watch from Omega again.

I agree. I only ever wear a pocket watch- daily. I haven't worn a wristwatch for many many years. I love the "style" that a pocket watch conveys! I would love to have an antique railroad era Elgin, Waltham, or Hamilton with a nice hunter case, but I don't know if they even had hunter or half hunter cases for those watches usually. Those suckers are BIG too!

..... I would love to have an antique railroad era Elgin, Waltham, or Hamilton with a nice hunter case, but I don't know if they even had hunter or half hunter cases for those watches usually. Those suckers are BIG too!

Although there was some variation among the railroads, one general requirement for a "railroad watch" was that it be an open-faced watch - so no hunter cases. I am sure, however, a few people put railroad quality movements in hunter cases, so you might be able to find one - even if not historically correct.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx