Pilot Fountain Pen Limited M90 with CONVERTER

shakoush

pilot fountain pen limited m90  

94 members have voted

1. 1. should i buy it?

• yes definately go ahead with buying it...
    • No its a waste of money..

Anyone know where I can get one of these (outside the US)

Pleeeease I really want one :drool:

Alright.... Mora Stylos has the M90 and as it turns out so does Regina Martini. The former is in France, the latter in Germany - both of which, last I checked, were outside the US.

I've bought from both (and been happy), no affiliation otherwise.

Thank you!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markc

• voop

• Arts11

• professionaldilettante

Anyone know where I can get one of these (outside the US)

Pleeeease I really want one :drool:

Alright.... Mora Stylos has the M90 and as it turns out so does Regina Martini. The former is in France, the latter in Germany - both of which, last I checked, were outside the US.

I've bought from both (and been happy), no affiliation otherwise.

Thank you!

Sure thing. You'll share photos and a review / your opinions of it once you've gotten one under your hands, yes?

I keep meaning to do the same, but alas.....

• 4 weeks later...

I got my M90 from Pam Braun a few weeks ago and I have to say, I keep falling in love with this pen! I've put MB Racing Green, PR Ebony Green, and PR DC Supershow Blue in it and every ink looks wonderful with this pen!

I'm seriously thinking of getting a 2nd :)

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

Even if I love the pen, I voted "no". For the money (or not so much more), you can get an original myu or murex, and I must say that I find the general design of the original pens far better that the one of the M90. I would get a myu.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Even if I love the pen, I voted "no". For the money (or not so much more), you can get an original myu or murex, and I must say that I find the general design of the original pens far better that the one of the M90. I would get a myu.

I've not been able to find the MYU for anywhere near the cost of the M90, unfortunately the fleabayers know what they're worth and are willing to charge/pay what ever they want for them. This is why I'm about to order a 2nd M90 (1 in fine and 1 in medium) as a backup.. I can't fathom being without one of these wonderful pens.

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

eBayer sakura_zeppelin (no aff.) seems to have another Myu701 up for auction every week. I've been tracking the prices and they tend to go for about the same as an M90 on the bay. That said, I got sick of being sniped every time I bid on a 701 so I also ended up ordering an M90. Eagerly awaiting arrival.

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

I'd have to point out that there has been improvements with the M90 over the originals. for example, the clutch ring that retains the cap is stronger, as well as a plastic sleeve inside of the cap to reduce scratches on the pen body. Both cost about the same, just a preference I suppose. Some people don't like the retaining ring, others do. I find that it is the perfect place to grip the pen. Nice and balanced, I keep seeing this post and wanting another one.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

Yuki,

I love sakura_zeppelin, I've managed to get a few Elites from them at reasonable prices. I've tried getting the 701 from them, but also keep getting sniped. So I feel your pain!

I still hope to get a nice 701, but in the mean time, the M90 is a darn nice pen in its own right. :)

-Carl Sagan

GAH. 320 for two... finally it's done. If I decide to sell them down the road, they would still probably go for 150 new, but I'd rather have the peace of mind that I've got back ups. Especially if people got butter fingers... and got to look at my pen.

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

Blaise Pascal

fpn_1336709688__pen_01.jpg

Tell me about any of your new pens and help with fountain pen quality control research!

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been able to find the MYU for anywhere near the cost of the M90, unfortunately the fleabayers know what they're worth and are willing to charge/pay what ever they want for them. This is why I'm about to order a 2nd M90 (1 in fine and 1 in medium) as a backup.. I can't fathom being without one of these wonderful pens.

Not sure about that, but does not Mr Stutler occasionaly sell some of these?

Stutler

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

I do prefer the newer model over the older MYU701, but that isn't to say that I don't care for the old one anymore. Pilot made some minor improvements, enough to make one appreciate the M90 while leaving some uniqueness to the original. The inner cap is a plastic spring loaded cylinder on the M90, which helps protect the body from scratches a bit better. It's not perfect though, because in time the scratches do develop... a kind of "patina".

The M90 has a little more "bling" with the larger chrome clip and blue "jewel" seated in the top. The prices have somewhat stabilized, where you can get one for about $140 on average (not including shipping). For the budget conscious, it might be worth waiting for one to appear in your own country, instead of Japan, so you save on shipping costs and possibly a smaller bidding pool. I did see one pass through once with availability to the USA only, and it sold for around $110. So, bargains are to be had if you look long enough. :)

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

• 8 months later...

I too, have heard so many good things about this almost legendary pen but withheld from buying

it due to the fact that the marketing strategy has caused prices of this pen to skyrocket. The fact

that it is produced in a limited number, only comes in a steel nib that is one with the body, (albeit

a great one) and the fact that it is a sac-filler, all are reasons why I had stayed off it. BUT then again,

a gorgeous pen, incredible stunning design, are things to be happy about.

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this awhile ago, so I'm not sure how true it is now, but you can try and contact Eizo Fujii at euro-box.com. He had both M90s and NOS MYU 701 earlier this year and may still have some in stock, or at the very least know where to find them.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/158596-myu-availability/page__p__1580242__hl__pilot__fromsearch__1#entry1580242

• 4 weeks later...

Argh no! Why was I just a little late to find out about this pen!

I'll be hunting a M90, or an original MYU down... I think...

Fountain Pen Converts: 4