Nakaya Members List

Charlieboy

Level of Interest  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a special one-of-a-kind fellowship pen?

• Definitely Yes - I am a Nakaya Owner already.
    • Definitely Yes - I am soon to be a Nakaya Owner (pen in production).
    • Definitely Yes - I always wanted to be a Nakaya Owner.
    • Maybe ? seeing that it will be exclusive to FPM Nakaya members only.
    • Not for me...but a good idea all the same.

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous post. I received my Nakaya Fellowship pen last week, and it is everything I anticipated (and more). I already have a Nakaya aka-tamenuri long cigar, but the Fellowship Piccolo is in another league again. Subtle differences in the photos perhaps, but the pics really don't do justice.

Contented 'Cat!

"Relay"

SignalboxCat

speak truth unto power

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlieboy

• sallywally

• Dan Carmell

• Siv

SignalboxCat, I'm curious when did you originally place the order for your pen?

(I placed my order with John Mottishaw during August and I am hoping to gauge the approximate turnaround time based on your experience.)

I ordered in July, and I was quoted October/November for receiving the order, which turned out to be accurate (also bear in mind I'm in UK, so there was the additional time of international shipping and customs). I also ordered a matching pen pillow in the shiro-tamenuri, this came with the pen. I also had a fairly standard nib, I guess if I'd had a more customised nib (eg a stub) this might have taken longer.

It's well worth the wait- you won't be disappointed.

"Relay"

SignalboxCat

speak truth unto power

Thanks, SB Cat. The original estimate for my delivery date was November/December. So perhaps I will see my pen later this month...

Waiting with anticipation :puddle: ,

Bob

• 2 months later...

I finally received my Fellowship pen today. The wait was one week shy of six months (but well worth it nonetheless).

Thanks, Charlieboy for taking the initiative on this unique pen!

I wonder whether John Mottishaw is keeping tabs on the number of these pens that have been ordered through him. It would be nice to have some idea how many are expected to be in circulation.

:hmm1:

WOW! I stumbled upon the Nakaya FPN Fellowship Pen just by chance. I was browsing John's site for random Nakayas and found this. Now I truly need to get one, or three.

Can anyone comment on the lead time? The site also says it will be offered to mid-2011 but what about after that? Any chance of continued production since this seems like a custom order.

Edited by Senate1123
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png